watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dejagah Bid Received

Started by Admin, July 15, 2014, 01:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

The re-shaping of our squad, for the coming season, could see the departure of one of the few Fulham players who participated in the 2014 World Cup Finals.

Gossip in the media this morning infers that Fulham Football Club are weighing up whether to allow Ashkan Dejagah to be sold to the Qatari side, Al-Arabia.

Apparently, Fulham have received a bid, said to be in the region of £5 million, for the Iranian international.

Whilst I`m of the belief that Fulham supporters would like the player to stay the inference given, in the media, is that Felix Magath has to weigh up whether he could strengthen his squad if another £5 million, from a possible sale, was poured into the transfer kitty!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=363582&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#ixzz37XUsaNOc

Ordar

There is no way we should let Dejagah leave

Aaron

Hmmm.

Seems like a very backward move from a career perspective.  I could see him going, but not sure about to these lads.

ffc73

I'd like him to stay and be committed to FFC but there have already been rumours he is looking for a move

£5m is a reasonable fee to me.  If he wants to go there I'd take the money and reinvest it in someone else

FPT

That's a very good offer considering he's got one year left on his deal... If he wants to go, we shouldn't stop him, though it will hurt more seeing as we lost Richardson as well.

£5m is a good offer in my opinion, and I love Ashkan. If he wants to stay, then keep him (of course), but if he doesn't want to be at Fulham, then we won't get a better offer.

Craven Mad

If Dejagah can match his form from the second half of last season, we'd be far better keeping him and rejecting £5m.

He's the only actual winger we have (aka, not Ruiz or David) that I have faith in; Roberts is unproven, Kaca is too inconsistent, Richardson has left, Na Banga has been injured too much for my liking, Williams is unproven, Ryan Williams looks unlikely to cut-it at this level (although I'd happily be disproven), and Cole has disappeared.

Who would anyone else bring in with the money?

I still like the idea of Harry Maguire but, Attacking-wise, I think we could do with a stronger CM (Henri Lansbury or Tom Cairney) and maybe a wider attacking threat (like Jay Emmanuel Thomas) or someone who could play more freely (like Jesse Lindgard).

The problem is, it's unlikely we'd be able to get in 2 of those players for £5m.

Keep Ash!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Aaron on July 15, 2014, 01:29:11 PM
Hmmm.

Seems like a very backward move from a career perspective.  I could see him going, but not sure about to these lads.

Dejagah is now 28 years old. This is the time for the `big' move in his career given his age and the high profile gained from the World Cup. Playing in the Championship, even if only for a year is not going to help him.

Could he play for an English, Spanish or Italian Champions League team? Possibly he might, given his connections, play for the third or fourth German CL team.

His wages for the Qatari side would probably match those for a CL side so it is probably a good move for him.

One of the few players that played to his potential last season but I can see Magath letting him go. 

Zu-Meister

I read somewhere earlier last month that theres an agreement between dejagah and fulham that he will stay unless a club comes in with an offer acceptable to fulham. then he will be off if he wishes.
So basically he will stay, and is in fact happy to stay, unless we get enough money.

Two Ton Ted

Dejagah is 28 and I cannot recall when he last played 90 minutes back to back for Fulham, if at all.

Is he really the sort of player we need for a 46 game season?

If I was in the postion to accept a £5m bid for him I'd bite their hands off.

I agree he's a very good player, but a luxury we cannot afford in Division 2.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MasterHaynes

I think we would be pushed to replace him with a player of the same quality less than £7m

beijing ben

I would be over the moon if we can keep Ashkan. Love his name, his skilful moments and his haircut. He is our best player. However, since our relegation i have just assumed he will leave because he is too good for the Championship. Considering he only has one year left on his contract, 5 million (if that's correct) is not bad but i think he is worth more. He still has a lot to offer at a high level of football. I think he would make a good squad player in a top half of the table team either in the premiership or the bundesliga. I think it is likely that he will hold out for a club from Europe.

Fernhurst

Could see him banging in a few goals similar to one against Everton at home in The Championship.
Proved to be a good buy for FFC,however, 5 million is a good offer (if correct).
Will Felix be weighing up those dodgy hamstrings against the cash.
Hmmmm ...... Think he may leave..... If not to the Arab States then to a Prem side on deadline day, squad filling.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Similar Posts Ben..... Really must review my post when prompted
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

Like Richardson, Dejagah will have to be replaced by a player from outside the club as we just don't have the quality there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

beijing ben

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 15, 2014, 02:05:41 PM
Dejagah is 28 and I cannot recall when he last played 90 minutes back to back for Fulham, if at all.

Is he really the sort of player we need for a 46 game season?

If I was in the postion to accept a £5m bid for him I'd bite their hands off.

I agree he's a very good player, but a luxury we cannot afford in Division 2.

You're right about his ability to play a full game, which was also shown in the World Cup by him being taken off regularly, despite the fact he was generally the biggest threat for Iran. But, if there was any way we could have him for next season i would take it. His talent is worth more than 5 million but we are not really in a great position to bargain and i'm sure at his age he wants to play at as high a level as possible and i think a premiership or bundesliga club will come in for him..

beijing ben

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 15, 2014, 02:12:09 PM
Similar Posts Ben..... Really must review my post when prompted

It does appear we see it the same way!..

Finnegans Wake

Id keep him. We`re short of midfielders as it is and, although im all in favor for youth being given a chance, we need a few experienced heads in there.

K33NY

£5 million?surely with hes performance last season and in the WC he is worth more than that? Letting him go would be terrible for our wing situation?

beijing ben

Quote from: K33NY on July 15, 2014, 02:24:52 PM
£5 million?surely with hes performance last season and in the WC he is worth more than that? Letting him go would be terrible for our wing situation?

Not really sure it would be a case of letting him go. He will want to go and with only one year left on his contract 5 million is not bad. I agree with you that he is better than your average 5 million player but considering the situation as a whole it would be understandable if the club accepted a bid of that amount..

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2014, 02:16:07 PM
Like Richardson, Dejagah will have to be replaced by a player from outside the club as we just don't have the quality there.

Unless Magath aims to play a winger-less formation of course, and would be happy to have Kaca, Williams x2 and Mesca as impact players if wide players would be needed.