https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where's Kacaniklic?

Started by Captain Fulhamerica, July 15, 2014, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on July 16, 2014, 08:25:17 AM
kaca also has a very decent cross on him when he is played down the left

Agreed. It's one of the things I like about him - he's able to cut-out wide and bring in a cross (which I'm sure Ross will be lethal with), but he can also cut-in and drive in a shot.

Matt

Quote from: fulhamben on July 16, 2014, 08:25:17 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 16, 2014, 08:18:33 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2014, 03:25:53 AM
Quote from: JDH101 on July 16, 2014, 03:03:31 AM
He is absolutely useless.

Is this what Craven Mad would call "adding to the discussion?"

Just wondering.

Actually, despite being pretty subjective and without support, JDH voices and independent opinion about the matter.

Your comment, on the other hand, again, adds little to the discussion at hand.

Sorry, try again!

:005:

In the spirit of moving the discussion forward, I think Kaca would be a useful squad option but would hope Felix wouldn't be relying on him as a starter - for me, he's too inconsistent, and success in the Championship relies on unfaltering success for the duration of the season. However, if Dejagah goes, it seems unlikely we'd find two starting wingers in time for Ipswich..

If he is to be a starter, I'd agree with MJG's points above.

Kaca's strength is in his directness and pace, which may be invaluable in a season we probably won't be on the back foot quite as often as last year. If Stafylidis can sure-up the defence at LB, Kaca's poor work rate (at the back) may be irrelevant.
kaca also has a very decent cross on him when he is played down the left

I have to say his directness is his biggest problem, not strength! Too many times he advances with the ball, and it looks very promising indeed, but neither runs for the line, cuts inside, crosses or takes a shot ending up with a short pass backwards... And the few times he actually puts a cross in it often lacks accuracy and rarely leads to anything.

In my eyes he's balancing between being a decent player and a waste of talentl. He has a good game, followed by 2-3 average displays. Much more of a Championship player than Premier League material. I Think it says a lot about the quality of our side with him starting quite regularly for us last season.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

earlbeatty

He was left back against East Fife in the first half and didn't really stand out, admittedly in the first friendly of the season and knowing that the whole team was going to change at half time. All being said, I am not a huge fan of his.

EB

Deanothefulhamfan

Put him in a Sweden team surrounded by good players and he is a completley different player, he also looked much better playing alongside Berbatov. He is a confidence player and if he gets that early on he will be dangerous in the championship. That being said he does not work hard enough, and FM played him LB in a friendly, which suggests he is way down the pecking order on an attacking sense.

jmh

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 16, 2014, 12:26:01 PM
FM played him LB in a friendly, which suggests he is way down the pecking order on an attacking sense.
I think that was more out of necessity than anything.  Richardson and Amorebieta weren't with the team, Stafylidis hadn't signed yet.

jarv

Decent player, not quite there yet. Should be useful in 2nd division. Can't understand why he would be slotted in at LB though. Not the  best use of his talents I think.

Craven Mad

Quote from: jarv on July 16, 2014, 01:51:55 PM
Decent player, not quite there yet. Should be useful in 2nd division. Can't understand why he would be slotted in at LB though. Not the  best use of his talents I think.

When I first heard it, I though "this is Burn at RB all over again!", but JMH gives a pretty sensible explanation above..

hovewhite

Could be good at championship level.

Travers Barney

Quote from: earlbeatty on July 16, 2014, 10:25:52 AM
He was left back against East Fife in the first half and didn't really stand out, admittedly in the first friendly of the season and knowing that the whole team was going to change at half time. All being said, I am not a huge fan of his.

EB

Clueless and goes missing with increasing regularity.....appalling last season.

Peaked in the home fixture against Cardiff when hauled off before half time.

Nice lad but no.

coyw
We are the whites

H4usuallysitting

I had a Swedish football agent in the back of the cab few weeks back, and strangely enough he was saying the big talk back home in Sweden was of Muamer Tanković....and that they had big hopes for him.....he didn't say too much about Kaca.....dropped the bloke up at AFC Wimbledon's training ground - gave me a fiver tip - GENT

YoungsBitter

There is a Swedish press interview with him and/or his agent (http://www.viasatsport.se/nyheter/fotboll/fulham-vagrar-salja-kacaniklic-har-sagt-nej-till-alla/)
According to this Flum have had couple of enquiries but we have turned them down from La Liga and Serie A teams. He enjoys playing for Magath even tho disapointing end of last season and picked up injury. Now fully fit but fell ill after East Fife game ( dodgy fried Mars bar?) and was sent home. Thinks will be with us this season and will fight for his place.
Quark, strangeness and charm

YoungsBitter

My personal take on him is that he has pace and some tricks but as has been remarked by others needs the ball in front of him to run on to it and not good at winning it back or defending so goes missing. If Magath can coach him into being more consistent and he gets a regular run out to build his confidence I think he could cause problems to Championship defenses and will win free kicks and penalties as well as put in good crosses.
If we lose Dejegah then we are down to kids like Roberts and the untried like the invisible Darnell Cole for wing play so can understand why Magath would try and make him work out for us.
Quark, strangeness and charm

jmh

Quote from: YoungsBitter on July 16, 2014, 11:29:07 PM
If we lose Dejegah then we are down to kids like Roberts and the untried like the invisible Darnell Cole for wing play so can understand why Magath would try and make him work out for us.
Larnell Cole.

Full Metal Ham

Kaca will be dangerous behind enemy lines getting those byline crosses in that will win us games, just needs back up from a decent LB. Stafy could be a good partner, both are pretty pacy - I'd like to see that develop..

jags24

Kaca is a nifty player who has decent technique, can score the occasional goal and create a little.  He fades in and out of games, but I think you can accept that from a left winger.  He'll be a positive for us this season.

I'd like to see Kaca/Kasami/Dejagah as the attacking mids in a 4-2-3-1.

FPT

Quote from: jags24 on July 17, 2014, 07:03:38 PM
Kaca is a nifty player who has decent technique, can score the occasional goal and create a little.  He fades in and out of games, but I think you can accept that from a left winger.  He'll be a positive for us this season.

I'd like to see Kaca/Kasami/Dejagah as the attacking mids in a 4-2-3-1.

Kasami doesn't play for Fulham any more.