watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where's Kacaniklic?

Started by Captain Fulhamerica, July 15, 2014, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Fulhamerica

Haven't seen Kaca in our preseason squad so far. What's going on with him? He obviously wasn't at the World Cup. I thought when we went down he might be a player that Prem teams would be interested in, but I haven't heard any rumors he's leaving either.  He didn't have a great season last year but I think he could really thrive in the Championship. 

Jamie88

He played against east fife

I get the feeling Felix hasn't a whole load of faith in him though

Craven Mad

He didn't impress in the Championship at Burnley. Don't think he has the right work rate for Felix.

As far as I'm concerned, Kaca has a lot of ability but he's mentally lacking; not enough commitment and doesn't play as part of a team.

MasterHaynes

He is in a number of photos of the squad in Scotland.

FFC4Life

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 15, 2014, 07:05:15 PM
He didn't impress in the Championship at Burnley.

He did at Watford, though.

FPT

I think he was sent home after being quite badly ill. So didn't take part against Rangers and went home prior to Motherwell.

Captain Fulhamerica

He's always seemed like a player with all the tools but doesn't play instinctively.  He seems a little lost a lot of the time.  That being said he's still really young.

HillingdonFFC

Watford fans loved him, they were gutted when he was recalled by Fulham

HatterDon

He didn't impress in the Championship at Burnley. Don't think he has the right work rate for Felix.

As far as I'm concerned, Kaca has a lot of ability but he's mentally lacking; not enough commitment and doesn't play as part of a team.

What ... two seasons ago when he was ill?

fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Craven Mad

Quote from: HatterDon on July 15, 2014, 09:30:31 PM

What ... two seasons ago when he was ill?

fp.gif

I don't mind you disagreeing, but you could at least add to the discussion.

To correct you, he wasn't ill; he had been in our squad up until the move and came straight back to the squad after being benched by Burnley. Plus, being 20 at the time, I believe he still should have had enough talent to get a starting place in Burnley's (at the time) weak side.

Plus, since coming back he's shown little to suggest he is what we need. That was last season and he certainly wasn't ill then, either.. But, with a better LB behind him than Riise, maybe he could improve.

If it's any consolation, I wasn't saying I wanted rid - just that he hasn't demonstrated an attitude that I believe Felix will venerate.

Riverside

I for one think he has great talent and could thrive this season with forwards that move !

God The Mechanic

He has potential, but he hasn't really progressed that much since he's been with us.  Though, the Championship could be his level so it may be interesting to see how he fairs.

btings

Disclaimer: I have what I assume to be the only Kacaniklic Cult Zero in San Francisco.

What an enigma he is!  He looks lively with his national team, and has an obvious rapport on the pitch with both Berbatov and Zlatan.      (Of everyone on our squad, he seemed to understand Berbatov the best.)  But he looks distinctly average so often.  His hair sticks straight up, in the manner of a startled cartoon character, and I wonder if that influences what I think I'm seeing.

I'm very fond of him.  (And he's been great for me in FM 2013! Of course, so has Riise, LOLOLOL.)  But I don't know what to think.

JDH101

He is absolutely useless.

HatterDon

Quote from: JDH101 on July 16, 2014, 03:03:31 AM

Is this what Craven Mad would call "adding to the discussion?"

Just wondering.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

He does have a lot of talent and potential, and I don't think he is lazy, but has seemed sometimes to lack confidence.

The Championship could be good for him because he might find it a bit easier at this level, and this could improve his confidence and help him realise his potential.

Skatzoffc

He reminds me of Briggs in a way. He has potential, but is lacking in fight.
Sometimes he is up for the game and then totally disappears for the 2nd half or fails in his most rudimentary footballing skills.

He is still young, but, like Briggs, IMO if he hasn't worked out the basics by now he probably never will.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MJG

Feel sorry for him really. never played more than 3 games in a row in the same position. Had countless left backs behind him.
Should just tell him your a left winger, watch video's of how direct Boa was in the promotion season, and tell him to do that. Aim for the box.

Craven Mad

Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2014, 03:25:53 AM

Just wondering.

Actually, despite being pretty subjective and without support, JDH voices and independent opinion about the matter.

Your comment, on the other hand, again, adds little to the discussion at hand.

Sorry, try again!

:005:

In the spirit of moving the discussion forward, I think Kaca would be a useful squad option but would hope Felix wouldn't be relying on him as a starter - for me, he's too inconsistent, and success in the Championship relies on unfaltering success for the duration of the season. However, if Dejagah goes, it seems unlikely we'd find two starting wingers in time for Ipswich..

If he is to be a starter, I'd agree with MJG's points above.

Kaca's strength is in his directness and pace, which may be invaluable in a season we probably won't be on the back foot quite as often as last year. If Stafylidis can sure-up the defence at LB, Kaca's poor work rate (at the back) may be irrelevant.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 16, 2014, 08:18:33 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2014, 03:25:53 AM

Just wondering.

Actually, despite being pretty subjective and without support, JDH voices and independent opinion about the matter.

Your comment, on the other hand, again, adds little to the discussion at hand.

Sorry, try again!

:005:

In the spirit of moving the discussion forward, I think Kaca would be a useful squad option but would hope Felix wouldn't be relying on him as a starter - for me, he's too inconsistent, and success in the Championship relies on unfaltering success for the duration of the season. However, if Dejagah goes, it seems unlikely we'd find two starting wingers in time for Ipswich..

If he is to be a starter, I'd agree with MJG's points above.

Kaca's strength is in his directness and pace, which may be invaluable in a season we probably won't be on the back foot quite as often as last year. If Stafylidis can sure-up the defence at LB, Kaca's poor work rate (at the back) may be irrelevant.
kaca also has a very decent cross on him when he is played down the left
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.