more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Magath's Methods

Started by Ordar, July 16, 2014, 04:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

As quoted from Hoogland on the offal.

"He's someone that gets the best out of his players. You have to work hard and give everything, but that brings success. We'll certainly be in a good position come the start of the new season."

I think the "work hard and give everything" was lost on quite a few players last year. Berbatov was lucky Magath didn't see him play!

Craven Mad

If Berba didn't work hard enough for Rene, god knows how Felix would have reacted had Berbs still been around when he joined!

jmh

Quote from: Ordar on July 16, 2014, 04:12:36 PM
As quoted from Hoogland on the offal.

"He's someone that gets the best out of his players. You have to work hard and give everything, but that brings success. We'll certainly be in a good position come the start of the new season."
I'm in the middle of Rich Allen's Roy Hodgson biography (which I highly recommend, by the way) and this sounds a lot like what his former players say about him.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 16, 2014, 04:13:22 PM
If Berba didn't work hard enough for Rene, god knows how Felix would have reacted had Berbs still been around when he joined!

Although, didn't he have Bent on the bench a few times.
"The Lord of Lazy Lard"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Craven Mad

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 16, 2014, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 16, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

Although, didn't he have Bent on the bench a few times.
"The Lord of Lazy Lard"

He did.. Never unstood that decision, particularly when he had Dembele and Roberts waiting.

Skatzoffc

New division. New opposition. New team.
Come on Mr Magoo!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Forever Fulham

Magath didn't make in-game adjustments when things weren't working.  He made some deeply questionable personnel choices.  Which are somewhat forgivable for a new manager.  But at some point in the game, when Everyman can see the personnel and/or the tactics aren't working, you have to be flexible and smart enough to adapt on the fly and make in-game adjustments.  At some point in time, physical fitness gets taken out of the equation, because other teams are embracing serious fitness regimes.  Then, my FOF, it gets down to tactics and skill, and team play and some individual brilliance.  When your opponent is as fit as you are, then what?  And that's what really worries me about Felix.   

Holders

The cornerstone of Tigana's record-breaking team when we last won this division was fitness.

Coupled with outstanding performance, of course.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria