watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think I've found the attacking/creative midfielder we've been looking for

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 16, 2014, 08:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2647318/Jonny-Williams-tempted-Swansea-lack-football-Palace.html

Joniesta a.k.a - Jonny Williams of Crystal Palace. Only 20 years old (so fits in with the Magath mentality), plus he spent some time at Ipswich last year so he knows the division (only for one month, but better than nothing) and really rated highly by some of the members of the press.

1-year loan maybe?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Craven Mad

Rhys Lightning 63

Also he's Welsh. We've really been lacking in that department for some time now

Rhys Lightning 63

Although now I'm reading that Nick Powell is free to leave Old Trafford. Maybe he'd be a viable option

General

Ryan Williams, George Williams and jonny Williams.. Why not? Sooner or later we're going to look more like the welsh rugby team.

In all seriousness if he's played a lot for them during their championship push then I think on top of the fact he's young he'd be great for us.

Craven Mad

Nick Powell, Jonny Williams, Henri Lansbury, Tom Cairney, Ravel Morrison, Nabil Bentaleb, Tom Carroll - whoever, I literally don't care.

We just need a young and forward-thinking CM!

Tunni and Parker are not creative enough, and we have no more depth than that.

General

Craven Mad

Quote from: General on July 17, 2014, 02:35:21 PM

Why are lvc and david being forgotten?

David isn't, but he's more of a CAM than a CM. LVC seems a tad lightweight to me, and has no real adult-level experience. I may be wrong, but I think LVC has only been used in preseason as a stopgap; I expect a CM signing before the season starts, and LVC will probably be off on loan.

twang

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 17, 2014, 02:53:46 PM

David isn't, but he's more of a CAM than a CM. LVC seems a tad lightweight to me, and has no real adult-level experience. I may be wrong, but I think LVC has only been used in preseason as a stopgap; I expect a CM signing before the season starts, and LVC will probably be off on loan.

To be fair David has played CM quite a lot here, probably more so than the likes of J Williams, Powell and Ravel.

Craven Mad

Quote from: twang on July 17, 2014, 02:58:21 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 17, 2014, 02:53:46 PM

To be fair David has played CM quite a lot here, probably more so than the likes of J Williams, Powell and Ravel.

Fair.

Deanothefulhamfan

I honestly don't get the lansbury love, I really don't think he is good enough, but I know you talk about him a lot CM so you must see something I don't... Holmes from Derby would be a much better option imo. Morrison is another better player, but he has a terrible attitude, I also think he is more effective as a number 10. I like the idea of David getting a lot of game time but we would need to go with tunni, Parker and him in the middle.

I don't know enough about Williams as the OP mentions, but could be an interesting loan option

Craven Mad

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 17, 2014, 05:22:14 PM
I honestly don't get the lansbury love, I really don't think he is good enough, but I know you talk about him a lot CM so you must see something I don't... Holmes from Derby would be a much better option imo. Morrison is another better player, but he has a terrible attitude, I also think he is more effective as a number 10. I like the idea of David getting a lot of game time but we would need to go with tunni, Parker and him in the middle.

I don't know enough about Williams as the OP mentions, but could be an interesting loan option

Maybe I do bum on about him (and Maguire) a bit much [I'll try to tone it down!].

Reason? Because everytime I've seen Lansbury he's had energy, awareness, ability and passion - exactly the sort of player I think we need in the heart of our team.

Here's a link to a 'Forest Forum after he played last night: http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41614

When was the last time we were so impressed by one of our players, without qualms? Comparisons being drawn to Yaya Touré.

Plus here's his goal from a friendly yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kt6eQAIjSA

Don't know much about Holmes at Derby - first name?

Deanothefulhamfan

No need to tone it down, I just don't think he is premier league quality, and would not help us if we were to go up. Did he not really struggle at WHU?

Maguire on the other hand, is a player I saw a few times last season and is someone I really really rate, so you will not be debating his talent with me :)

Apologies I don't know why I said Holmes.... I meant Hughes as in Will Hughes

Craven Mad

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 17, 2014, 05:44:20 PM
No need to tone it down, I just don't think he is premier league quality, and would not help us if we were to go up. Did he not really struggle at WHU?

Maguire on the other hand, is a player I saw a few times last season and is someone I really really rate, so you will not be debating his talent with me :)

Apologies I don't know why I said Holmes.... I meant Hughes as in Will Hughes

He did struggle at WH, but was younger and a lot less experienced - he's really found his feet in recent years.. Who knows if he can make the step up but, as of now, we're in the Championship and he's a very good championship player - I'd take him in a second.

Glad I hadn't a blindspot on my player-radar (I was thinking back to Lee Holmes, who played for Derby a while back). Will Hughes is another level of talent, but he's just signed a new deal, is at a team who like us will be challenging for the title,  and - if he were to leave - he's ready for the prem. Out of our range, I fear...

Tom Cairney is another awesome CM, at Blackburn, probably better than Lansbury, but somewhat unlikely to come to us I feel. Lansbury is nearest the end of his deal and would probably be most likely to want to join.

Deanothefulhamfan

Yeah I remember Holmes, he was another starlet some 10 years ago, no idea why he came in my head though, is he even still playing?

Hughes is exceptional, he will be England's next Jack wilshere. I didn't realise he had just signed a new deal though, hopefully if we go up this season and Derby don't he is a player we could then lure away.

Fair enough on Lansbury, he must have had a decent season and would provably be a decent addition at this level.