watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

phil lahm retires from internationals

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 18, 2014, 12:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Too early or right to go out at the pinnacle?

twang

He's got at least two more Championships in him, so it's a real shame if we won't see him feature in those.

But at the same time it's his decision and his decision only. So if he hangs up his international boots then you've just got to be thankful that you got to see one of the greatest full backs ever.

Holders

He played well and captained the winning team - you can't beat that. Good luck to him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Blanco

Shame. He could have played in the Euros I reckon. Oh well. One of the best ever right backs for me. As well as being able to play in other positions.

Forever Fulham

Nero

Probably knows Germany will now be looking to the future after winning the world cup and will be looking at younger players to bring though unlike England who still hamper after Terry and Ferdinand if they hadnt be forced into retirement.

Humbled

Could have easily gone on but I think it's a great time to call time!!

General

I think they may be able to do the European championships and win back to back but it his personal choice

valdeingruo

Be known as a World Cup winning Captain and remembered fondly, or stay around and potentially be the brunt of jokes later, not knowing you're past it. Hmmmmm
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

btings

YankeeJim

They'll miss him. He is a solid, dependable player. From his standpoint, why not go out on top with the additional benefit of less stress on aging legs. Quitting at the top might mean an extra year as a well paid defender.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.