https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That No 9 for North Korea...

Started by vagrant, June 15, 2010, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagrant

Jong Tae Se.  Worth a punt Roy ??

Brede Butter Pudding

he's now in the shop window. Would replace AJ no probs, but I reckon he'll get snapped up by another club

finnster01

How about my massive number 2 I just delivered in my toilet? :045:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

Quote from: finnster01 on June 15, 2010, 10:06:31 PM

Is it out of contract and available on a free?

clintclintdeuce

Hes not allowed to leave the country... like the Cubans, he would have to defect.
The Dude abides.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 15, 2010, 11:36:02 PM
Hes not allowed to leave the country... like the Cubans, he would have to defect.

Is that true? I thought one of the players played in the Russian league?

edit: not sure about that one, it appears that you're probably right. Some players do indeed play outside of North Korea, but I don't think anyone of them were born there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_DPR_national_football_team#Current_squad

Mr Fulham

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 15, 2010, 11:36:02 PM

He's playing in Japan, so no worries.

clintclintdeuce

He was born in Japan to South Korean 2nd generation parents, and discarded his South Korean citizenship to play for the North. There was a tv news piece about him here about 6 months ago about it, though I had forgot about it prior to my previous post. The other players who play in Japan for the N. Koreans were also born in Japan, hence their ability to leave and travel.
The Dude abides.

Lighthouse

He was the chap who was in floods of tears while the National Anthem was being played. Somehow that commitment and loyalty seemed so moving in todays cynical World. Still it proves that there are now no walk overs in the World Cup and room for old style Closed Nation Dictatorship loyalty.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

North Korea impressed me with there play today.
Fulham for life!

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on June 15, 2010, 10:06:31 PM
Craig Moore was wearing number 2 ? Usually number 3.  :035:

Steve_orino

Quote from: vagrant on June 15, 2010, 08:09:32 PM
Jong Tae Se.  Worth a punt Roy ??

I'd take him in place of AJ.  Roy would have to teach him to pass though...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

beijing ben

Judging by the commitment he has shown in order to play for North Korea there is absolutely no way will see him in the premiership. The only times we will see him will be in the world cup

The Equalizer

North Korean players are only allowed to play in Russia, Japan, China and North Korea. No chance.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Kiwi Fulham Fan

He'd have to change his nickname at the moment they said it was "the peoples Rooney"

finnster01

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 16, 2010, 12:42:02 AM
He was the chap who was in floods of tears while the National Anthem was being played. Somehow that commitment and loyalty seemed so moving in todays cynical World. Still it proves that there are now no walk overs in the World Cup and room for old style Closed Nation Dictatorship loyalty.
You mean like Wales, right Mr Lighthouse?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead