watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou will stay at Fulham

Started by JackyFulham90, July 20, 2014, 11:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I just have a feeling he will be with us when the window shuts. He signed a long term deal with the club knowing we could go down so unless someone pays us decent money we should keep him.
In a 46+ game season you need plenty of options to push for promotion.

Mitroglou,  McCormack,  Rodallega,  Taggart & Woodrow would surely score the goals to keep us near the top.

Obviously if the club moves Mitroglou on Dembele can step up & give us another option. I'm Not sure why I just get a feeling Mitroglou will stay with us this season.

Aaron

The more I think about it, the less I think the contract length had anything to do with his intention to stay with Fulham..

If he'd signed a 2 year contract and had a blinder last season (which seems unlikely considering he couldn't stand up for most of it) we'd probably have ended up losing him to a derisory offer from a bigger club anyway.  At least with a lengthy contract we've got a bargaining chip when it comes to driving up the price.

I think you're probably right that he'll be contracted to Fulham come the end of the window but whether he actually plays for us or goes out on loan remains to be seen.  I can't see anyone being willing to cough up for a chronic sick note on a permanent deal until such time as he proves himself capable once more.

Pie and mash

"I hope Mitroglu stays at Fulham", would've been a more accurate name for this thread

Andy S

I totally agree Mitroglou returns to training this week and could insist on a move. A contract means nothing these days

Admin

At 26, he'd be mad not to stay with us and get fit, because he clearly isn't. I've been saying that the Championship for Mitro would be like a season long training program, where he could clearly bang in the goals, and if we're not promoted at the firs time of asking, put himslef back in the shop window. 

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Admin on July 20, 2014, 11:53:13 PM
At 26, he'd be mad not to stay with us and get fit, because he clearly isn't. I've been saying that the Championship for Mitro would be like a season long training program, where he could clearly bang in the goals, and if we're not promoted at the firs time of asking, put himslef back in the shop window. 

There are two issues: getting over an injury and getting fit.

If he is not over his injury then we are going to be lumbered with him until it is sorted out.

If he is over his injury but merely unfit then at 26 he will only need a month of training to get fit, nowhere near a season.

If he if over his injury and fit then he'd be mad to be playing with us in the Championship and we'd be mad to force him. He needs to be playing in a better class of football for his future career whether that is with us or elsewhere. Whether that means selling him or loaning him out for a year I leave to Magath.

Admin

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 21, 2014, 12:14:17 AM

If he is not over his injury then we are going to be lumbered with him until it is sorted out.

If he is over his injury but merely unfit then at 26 he will only need a month of training to get fit, nowhere near a season.

If he if over his injury and fit then he'd be mad to be playing with us in the Championship and we'd be mad to force him. He needs to be playing in a better class of football for his future career whether that is with us or elsewhere. Whether that means selling him or loaning him out for a year I leave to Magath.

It takes you longer than a month to get fit after injury, and really be back on top of your game, sometimes almost a year. I know, because I've been there, and played a good standard of football when I ruptured my cruciate ligament. What I meant, was that he would destroy that division even at half steam, but by the end of it, should be back at the top of his game. Under Magaths guidance and fitness, we should end up seeing a super-fit Mitro, but footballers brains are wired differently.

Lighthouse

Mitro does not look like a player that is going to get back to to form he once had. The injuries so far have made him look slow, short sighted and lacking in any positional sense. I would love it if he somehow could cut it again. But there is no way he will come close to returning to what we are told he once was without lots of time.

On saying that, if he is honest he cannot go to another top league and fail. Better to try and win back his place at Fulham and take a gamble. It is after all a better league than several of the ones the clubs that want him are in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I didn't think he looked that far off fitness in the WC, when he played for a substantial part of the game.

I think we may keep him - but no one really knows the true situation in this very strange saga, but I can somehow seeing him turning out for us next season.

Quote from: Admin on July 21, 2014, 12:22:32 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 21, 2014, 12:14:17 AM

It takes you longer than a month to get fit after injury, and really be back on top of your game, sometimes almost a year. I know, because I've been there, and played a good standard of football when I ruptured my cruciate ligament. What I meant, was that he would destroy that division even at half steam, but by the end of it, should be back at the top of his game. Under Magaths guidance and fitness, we should end up seeing a super-fit Mitro, but footballers brains are wired differently.

I am not saying that he will be back to his best after a month but on the pitch and starting. If he can't do that then he has a long term injury and it is not about fitness.

And what has been his injury or injuries? It cannot have be anything as dramatic as rupturing his cruciate ligament.

Presumably he is over his injury now if he was playing in the World Cup otherwise we should have blocked his call up.

Mitroglou may well tear up the Championship but that doesn't necessarily mean that the experience will be good for him or good for Fulham in the long term.

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2014, 12:31:55 AM
Mitro does not look like a player that is going to get back to to form he once had. The injuries so far have made him look slow, short sighted and lacking in any positional sense. I would love it if he somehow could cut it again. But there is no way he will come close to returning to what we are told he once was without lots of time.

On saying that, if he is honest he cannot go to another top league and fail. Better to try and win back his place at Fulham and take a gamble. It is after all a better league than several of the ones the clubs that want him are in.

I am struggling to understand this.

I can follow how an injury can make you look slow but how does it make you look "short sighted and lacking in any positional sense"? Did he have a bang on the head?

I presume by "he cannot go to another top league and fail" you mean he failed in the PL with Fulham. That's an unfair assessment considering he hardly played through injury.

And at £10m I would hope that it shouldn't take much effort to "win back his place at Fulham" otherwise we really have been taken to the cleaners again. He ought to be ahead of all our other forwards, even McCormack.

And why is it a gamble?

whaz_up?

As much as I rate him as a player I do not think that he can make a difference in the Championship.
He still has not overcome completely from his knee problems. In a demanding league like the Championship you need players that can make the diffeerence and believe me right now Kostas is not one of them.

He played a really horrible World Cup,was one of the worst of the hellenic team.Even his teammates complained about his presence on the pitch.I never understood why he was selected for Greece's WC squad anyway!

Blanco

You should add "I think...

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Blanco on July 21, 2014, 08:34:42 AM
You should add "I think...

Yeah, I opened this thread hoping to read a quote/article/etc...
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

..FOF..

Mitroglou, McCormack, Rodallega, Taggart, Dembele & Woodrow.

2 first choice, 2 reserve and 2 to keep the others on their toes.

That's why Felix have a history of large team.

And yes, I feel Mitroglou will stay.

filham

Mitroglou has been on our books for six months , been to the world cup and back, surely by now we should know the precise situation with his injury and his fitness and whether or not he wants us and we and we want him.

Crazy to start a new season with a new team and doubts about Mitroglou hovering over every ones head.

Blanco

He hasn't featured in any preseason games so it looks like he's leaving.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 21, 2014, 01:02:10 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2014, 12:31:55 AM

I am struggling to understand this.

I can follow how an injury can make you look slow but how does it make you look "short sighted and lacking in any positional sense"? Did he have a bang on the head?

I presume by "he cannot go to another top league and fail" you mean he failed in the PL with Fulham. That's an unfair assessment considering he hardly played through injury.

And at £10m I would hope that it shouldn't take much effort to "win back his place at Fulham" otherwise we really have been taken to the cleaners again. He ought to be ahead of all our other forwards, even McCormack.

And why is it a gamble?

You can' really be struggling with the simple concept that an injury can effect the way a player plays beyond the physical. There are so many instances of players losing form after injury despite them supposedly surmounting the physical problems. Players can lose the timing and 'football sense' and fail to get it back.

If he leaves and fails in another league because of the above problem, managers and owners will not say, 'Oh we can't count his time in the Prem'. If he was injured with another injury and played, then that was foolish of him. As he looked short sighted and lacking in any football sense.

You also state that for some reason his big fee will allow him to glide in and take his place in the team. 'At 10 million it wouldn't take much effort'. These people are not machines but people. These over paid millionaires can still be short of match awareness and practice and can lose it altogether. The fee means nothing.

Hope this explains my post more clearly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Thamesbank

Quote from: Blanco on July 21, 2014, 10:15:33 AM
He hasn't featured in any preseason games so it looks like he's leaving.

Hasn't been available for any yet as he is on holiday

Riversider

If there was one player in our entire squad that needed a full pre season workout behind him it's Mitroglou , every other player that went out at the same stage as Greece have long since returned to their club, and yet we still wait for Mitroglou (and Dejagah)
Forget which game it was at The World Cup when he went off injured after 20 mins rubbing his side after a minor collision, but that moment told us all we need to know about Mitroglou !
Loic Remy signed for Liverpool yesterday for £8.5 million, in that case how much is Mitroglou worth now ?
I think the club will do everything in its power this week to move him on , probably on loan, and fully expect a mystery illness or injury to prevent him from travelling to Florida !