watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Grandad - a proper fulham fan

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 23, 2014, 08:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artful Dodger

My condolences to you and your family Dannyboi but lovely post! Most of us have someone close to us to blame for why we follow Fulham the way we do (my Dad in my case who still goes most weeks even though I have moved away) but at times like this it is good to remember them and share that with this wonderful MB family!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

FancyPantsil

Fantastic post and a touching tribute.  One of the many reasons I love this club.

FP

Beautiful post. This is why i love Fulham and use this MB to stay in touch from the distance. Tradition, respect, honour, family, friends..... things you don't find so easy in these days, specially in football. A proper CLUB

My condolences to you and your family sir.

Fulham58

One day these will be the good old days

Chesh

That's a lovely post Danny, just the sort that message boards like this should be for, and despite the sad content, I'm sure most would have read it with interest.

If it's any consolation, having read a few of your posts recently, your grandad's passion for all things FFC has certainly passed down to yourself - respect, and RIP Cyrill.

049:gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

swedencottager

I am sorry for your loss.but what a great post, it's made me proud to be a Fulham supporter again.It's so great to read about old Fulham .

bog

A true fan. I started in 1953 so can relate with unbridled interest and envy with those names you mention. Also the reason for choosing Fulham over that other lot. A phenomenal attendance record, one I am miles away from. I never met Cyril but can relate to the type of supporter he was. A true deep hearted one. RIP.

092.gif

ScalleysDad

Its all been said but I'll add our condolences and best wishes to you and yours. 

Scrumpy

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 23, 2014, 10:34:21 PM
Its all been said but I'll add our condolences and best wishes to you and yours. 

Likewise. Thoughts are with you and your family.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

ron

dannyboi-ffc

On behalf of all my family I would like to say a massive thank you to every single one of you for your replies. It would.of been easy just to ignore it or put 'rip' but you all took the time and effort to write a lovely message.

Not gonna lie, it brought a few tears to my eye and has been an eye opener. Id like to apoligise to anyone who wrote on this post if I have ever been rude to you because we disagreed on something. We all have our opinions and thats what makes this forum work so well. This has really put things in perspective for me and I have the up most respect for all of you. This forum is full of great people and I need to remember the knobs are in a very small minority.

My grandads picture will be in the millwall program for anyone thats going, maybe one or two of you might recognise him. Once again thank you and as the baton is passed on from the old school to this new one, lets be positive and get behind the lads. COYW!!!!!!!!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging