watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Managing Expectations

Started by Otley, July 25, 2014, 06:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otley

I believe that Felix has said that the team is in transition so we must manage our expectations about our league position next May.

If by some fluke we were to go straight back up again it seems to me that there is a very big risk we wouldn't last a season in the Premiership.

Do we know yet what the target is for this season? I would be happy for us to just consolidate our position in the Championship, say mid-table.  Is this reasonable?

fulhamben

We will easily be mid table. Top 6 minimum
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Black, White and Fred

I think we could hope for a playoff spot but automatic promotion shouldn't even be in our minds but if it does happen it will be a welcome surprise.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Roberty

I think Mr Khan will expect us to become the Premier League team he paid for at the end of this season.
He's invested in that scenario and I am sure that nothing else will be acceptable.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Riverside

I would be amazed if Khan and Felix are not targeting to get us straight back in the Premier League

Would Felix want to do more than one year in the Championship ?
Would Khan let him stay another year or the full year if we were not going to be promoted ?

My expectations are of promotion .
Even through the play off would be OK . But still promotion
Nothing less will do .

Skatzoffc

I think mid table is achievable. The idea we are certain to go up is misguided at best IMO. We could make  a top 6 I hope.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

bigalffc

We just have to go back up  049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Sgt Fulham

I'm sorry, but last season we went away to Leicester and narrowly lost to them in the cup despite using a very weakened team at one of our lowest points that season. This Leicester side ran away with the league. With Khan seemingly investing and last season's top scorer alongside a decent new LB and other potential signings I don't see any reason why people are expecting mid-table at best. Of course its not an easy league but there's a reason its below the Premier League, the league we were fairly comfortable in until a season or two ago. If QPR can get out, then I see no reason why we cannot.

mullers

Well, here's my 'expectations'.
Obviously all clubs want to get as high as they can, and the Premier League is the cash-rich place to be. Apparently.

But I've saved money on my season ticket, will get more games in the Championship - maybe in the cups too! - and hold on, there's a team of young players developed by the club that just might give us our most exciting season since Roy left.

I've always gone to the Cottage with hope, but the bar has risen in the last few years and what was once hoped for became expectations [re: our last Euro adventure]. This is a fantastic club, and my hope is that more Fulham fans enjoy this season more than they have done recent years.

Oh yeah, and I'm staying away from expectations.

Andy S

I quite agree Expectations at this time of the season are high. It is totally unacceptable Otley to not aim as high as possible not only for a season but in every game we play. May be at the end of the season we could look back and say we deserved this or that but now it is the top we are aiming at. We have the players and a squad although not all big names but there is no reason what so ever to be aiming at mid table. As Micky Adams once said think failure and you will fail. These players are capable of being winners. I won't accept less

grandad

What will be will be. However from what Khan said about there not being any financial restraints  we have not really spent that much. One big purchase, a few small ones but on the other hand we have sold bits & pieces.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

my head says top 8,my heart says top 2
the plan has to be staying in the Prem when we get there 049:gif 082.gif :clap_hands: :yay:
if that means an extra season in the Championship I don't think that would be too much of a problem 092.gif

Riversider

I can not believe for one single moment that whenever Shahid Khan has met Felix Magath this summer , his instruction to Magath is one of consolidation !
With his lack of footballing knowledge and understanding of the task ahead, Khan will only make one demand for this season and that's promotion !
Whether that's reasonable or not I don't know, but if were below half way after 15 games Magath will do well to survive,
Think also that a couple more pieces of the jigsaw will be waiting to join up with the squad in Austria , these next 4 pieces will make or break our season, we need a goalkeeper, a centre back, and a couple of midfield players, money MUST be spent on these players, get these positions right and we go from "hoping" for a good season to "expecting" a good season.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: mullers on July 25, 2014, 07:29:28 PM
Well, here's my 'expectations'.
Obviously all clubs want to get as high as they can, and the Premier League is the cash-rich place to be. Apparently.

But I've saved money on my season ticket, will get more games in the Championship - maybe in the cups too! - and hold on, there's a team of young players developed by the club that just might give us our most exciting season since Roy left.

I've always gone to the Cottage with hope, but the bar has risen in the last few years and what was once hoped for became expectations [re: our last Euro adventure]. This is a fantastic club, and my hope is that more Fulham fans enjoy this season more than they have done recent years.

Oh yeah, and I'm staying away from expectations.

Well said M

I believe this will be a massively exciting season!

New division, new opposition, new team
COYW!
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !