more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David - a diamond in the making

Started by Nick Bateman, July 28, 2014, 06:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 29, 2014, 03:22:21 PM
The reason I decided to write about Chris David is because I wanted it on record before the start of the season, and before Fulham sell him, which they WILL, for PEANUTS!

£50million may be a tad high, but I've seen lesser players in Spain with buyout clauses of £250million.  We do not have to pay him equivalent wages either.

David has a contract. When it runs out, he will be free to find a new employer. For the Club to renegotiate his contract in order to add a £50M buy-out clause requires David's consent, i.e. he has to sign it. If he refuses to do so unless he receives a concomitant increase in his earnings, the Club shall have to pay him 'equivalent' wages... or amend his buy-out figure. (I think this point is sufficiently valid that you can't argue against it successfully simply by contradicting it.)

What I would ask you is, if David is into the final year of his contract (as I believe he will be this time next year), how small a transfer fee do you regard as 'peanuts'?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: DukeTyrion on July 29, 2014, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 29, 2014, 04:15:06 AM
Guys if you don't like Nick Bateman's post then please ignore them, the obscenities are unnecessary, and if you come on here to simply call him a troll then surely you are trolling yourself.

I don't really agree with that view. In my view Nick Bateman's posts are troll attempts to disrupt and cause arguments on the board. How he hasn't been banned before now I have no idea.

And if I am a troll by calling him a troll, then surely you are a troll for saying I am trolling a troll? I could also point out that if the way forward is for me to ignore his troll posts, then you could also ignore my posts calling him out for being a troll ...

However, since you are a moderator on the boards and have given your time freely to keep the atmosphere what we have all come to love and respect, I will instead thank you for the time you put into the forums.

Also, if someone could find a way of making the ignore function work better than it currently does, so that I can't see his posts at all, the world would be a much happier place ... well for me and a few others anyway.

Apart from perhaps the 50 million which may or may not be unrealistic, please explain what was either toxic or designed to cause an argument.  It seemed a perfectly reasonable post.
NB, poor guy, tarred and feathered after his first syllable, every time.
He does quite often write very articulate and very good posts.

Roger - neither a moderator and most definitely not a troll
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: jmh on July 28, 2014, 07:18:07 PM
I like how he dismisses grafters like Henderson and Holtby while simultaneously believing that Sidwell was the best midfielder in the Premier League last year.

You seem to have missed the point. (in my opinion of course)
He wasn't dismissing Henderson or Holtby only as grafters.  What he was saying was the David was something different and special, which he certainly is.
I saw him live in Jacksonville and his decision making, speed of thought and vision were far superior to anything I've seen (admittedly only on TV) that Henderson or Holtby have served up
(apart from Holtby's sublime pass for Sidwell's excellent goal)
They are just grafters with very little in the way of 'magic moments', David has them.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Arthur

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 30, 2014, 04:23:21 AM
Quote from: jmh on July 28, 2014, 07:18:07 PM
I like how he dismisses grafters like Henderson and Holtby...

He wasn't dismissing Henderson or Holtby only as grafters.

They are just grafters with very little in the way of 'magic moments'

'Grafters' is the only noun that the OP uses to describe those players; it seems dismissive to me - even if that wasn't what was intended.

You seem to dismiss them, too.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 30, 2014, 04:15:31 AM
Quote from: DukeTyrion on July 29, 2014, 10:53:53 AM
Guys if you don't like Nick Bateman's post then please ignore them, the obscenities are unnecessary, and if you come on here to simply call him a troll then surely you are trolling yourself.

I don't really agree with that view. In my view Nick Bateman's posts are troll attempts to disrupt and cause arguments on the board. How he hasn't been banned before now I have no idea.

And if I am a troll by calling him a troll, then surely you are a troll for saying I am trolling a troll? I could also point out that if the way forward is for me to ignore his troll posts, then you could also ignore my posts calling him out for being a troll ...

However, since you are a moderator on the boards and have given your time freely to keep the atmosphere what we have all come to love and respect, I will instead thank you for the time you put into the forums.

Also, if someone could find a way of making the ignore function work better than it currently does, so that I can't see his posts at all, the world would be a much happier place ... well for me and a few others anyway.

Apart from perhaps the 50 million which may or may not be unrealistic, please explain what was either toxic or designed to cause an argument.  It seemed a perfectly reasonable post.
NB, poor guy, tarred and feathered after his first syllable, every time.
He does quite often write very articulate and very good posts.

Roger - neither a moderator and most definitely not a troll

In my view, everything this guy posts is designed to be outrageous and wind people up. However, that is just my opinion, which strangely seems to be shared by some and certainly not others ... he is the boards marmite.

However, as has been pointed out to me several times, I have the choice to come to this forum or not ... so I guess I will just exercise my right to the latter.

Good day to you.

Skatzoffc

In response to the OP - Chris David is my tip for player of the season, and whilst I think he will be key for us this season in our push to promotion, slapping a 50 million buy out clause is highly unrealistic.
I understand what you are saying in your intent to keep the big clubs away, but 20 million is a bit more reasonable, besides a lot of players or agents primarily don't like having their player tied down to such huge demand's.

Regarding Chris David  having a good season, I agree Deano.
He looks like he could be the real McCoy.
Hopefully Mr Magoo can instill the hunger to go onto bigger and better things for us.

imo he seems to have the raw talent.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !