watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David - a diamond in the making

Started by Nick Bateman, July 28, 2014, 06:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

I do believe Fulham's young Dutchman Chris David will be a star and I would put a buy-out clause on his contract of at least £50million.

The goal he scored last season, the intelligent through passes he constantly does, shows the type of player that is RARE nowadays.  While the new 'grafters' like Henderson, Holtby, Wilshere are common-place, David offers something that has been missing on the international stage.

I liken him to the great Gunter Netzer, a supreme German midfield general who spotted a run from a team-mate and found him so accurately so often.

Fulham should recognize the talent within their ranks early, nuture them, and protect them from the vultures who will try to prise him away when he makes enough waves.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

sunburywhite

Nick Bateman still exists

That's one who I hoped would have departed this board along with all hopes of Premiership football
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

PeterFFC

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 28, 2014, 06:36:53 PM
Nick Bateman still exists

That's one who I hoped would have departed this board along with all hopes of Premiership football

Is he actually a fan, or is he some internet troll?

jmh

I like how he dismisses grafters like Henderson and Holtby while simultaneously believing that Sidwell was the best midfielder in the Premier League last year.

beijing ben

I agree with you that he shows a lot of potential and as it stands he will be key to how well we do next season. 50 million might be a bit steep though!..

bucksfulham

agree with his sentiments about keeping David from the vultures.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: PeterFFC on July 28, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

Is he actually a fan, or is he some internet troll?

Why do you think I asked for this icon :-P

:troll:

Arthur

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 28, 2014, 06:31:53 PM
I do believe Fulham's young Dutchman Chris David will be a star and I would put a buy-out clause on his contract of at least £50million.

The best thing about this post is its title - a clever play on words.

Beyond that, I'm sure that David's agent would point out to the Club that if, contractually, it wants to demand (an exorbitant) £50M for Chris, it will need to pay Chris the sort of money that players worth £50M earn, i.e. upwards of 100k per-week - which, of course, won't happen.

Deanothefulhamfan

Guys if you don't like Nick Bateman's post then please ignore them, the obscenities are unnecessary, and if you come on here to simply call him a troll then surely you are trolling yourself.

In response to the OP - Chris David is my tip for player of the season, and whilst I think he will be key for us this season in our push to promotion, slapping a 50 million buy out clause is highly unrealistic.
I understand what you are saying in your intent to keep the big clubs away, but 20 million is a bit more reasonable, besides a lot of players or agents primarily don't like having their player tied down to such huge demand's.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 29, 2014, 04:15:06 AM
Guys if you don't like Nick Bateman's post then please ignore them, the obscenities are unnecessary, and if you come on here to simply call him a troll then surely you are trolling yourself.

I don't really agree with that view. In my view Nick Bateman's posts are troll attempts to disrupt and cause arguments on the board. How he hasn't been banned before now I have no idea.

And if I am a troll by calling him a troll, then surely you are a troll for saying I am trolling a troll? I could also point out that if the way forward is for me to ignore his troll posts, then you could also ignore my posts calling him out for being a troll ...

However, since you are a moderator on the boards and have given your time freely to keep the atmosphere what we have all come to love and respect, I will instead thank you for the time you put into the forums.

Also, if someone could find a way of making the ignore function work better than it currently does, so that I can't see his posts at all, the world would be a much happier place ... well for me and a few others anyway.

domprague

If you lot are all trolls then where are the Billy Goats Gruff?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Nick Bateman

I can't win it seems.  Whatever I say is condemned by a mindless minority!

The reason I decided to write about Chris David is because I wanted it on record before the start of the season, and before Fulham sell him, which they WILL, for PEANUTS!

I can foresee our enemies in London approaching our present incompetent, imbecile MD Ali Mack, offering a token amount of what he will be worth and getting acceptance.

Then these same 'cynics' regarding the validity of my posts will say, "Good business" while they go back to reading the Beano!

I also pointed out Chris David and not super-skilled Patrick Roberts whom I have in the "Bale" mode, because I believe David's style is so rare in modern football he will be more in demand.  

£50million may be a tad high, but I've seen lesser players in Spain with buyout clauses of £250million.  We do not have to pay him equivalent wages either.

Quote from: jmh on July 28, 2014, 07:18:07 PM
I like how he dismisses grafters like Henderson and Holtby while simultaneously believing that Sidwell was the best midfielder in the Premier League last year.

I fail to see what your point is?  Do you have a point?

K33NY

you have seen lesser players in spain, with a £250million buyout?? NEVER! You would never ever make me believe such a comment without hard proof on it. I dont even think a player would accept such a high clause, because they will want to move to bigger clubs, but no club would ever buy a player for 250million unless you are Christiano Ronaldo!

jmh

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 29, 2014, 03:22:21 PM

My point is that you're inconsistent if half the time you glorify grafters and the other half the time you dismiss them.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: jmh on July 29, 2014, 03:31:14 PM

My point is that you're inconsistent if half the time you glorify grafters and the other half the time you dismiss them.

Because you have no point you have to exaggerate what the other person says.  Sidwell WAS the best midfielder in the country last season.  He has a great engine, is fearless in the tackle, can score goals and leads the team by example.  He is appreciated in his own regard.

As I said, Chris David offers something very different from all the 'grafters' one commonly sees, and remember many grafters are not as good as Sidwell (like Wilshere, Henderson, IMO).

If one looks at every team in the world there are very few midfield players who continually play that 'intelligent' pass.  Iniesta of Barcelona comes to mind, perhaps Xavi to a lesser degree too. 

David will be a fantastic player if what I believe he will establish in the Championship: he is in the mould of Danny Murphy but potentially more impressive, better than Wesley Sneijder as I said akin to the great Gunter Netzer.

If you fail to understand what I am saying then you are deliberately being obstreperous!

jmh

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 29, 2014, 04:28:41 PM
Quote from: jmh on July 29, 2014, 03:31:14 PM

Because you have no point you have to exaggerate what the other person says.  Sidwell WAS the best midfielder in the country last season.  He has a great engine, is fearless in the tackle, can score goals and leads the team by example.  He is appreciated in his own regard.
Except he wasn't, by any measure except your own opinion.

I agree with you that David looks to be a really good prospect, but if he's better than Henderson then he's light years better than Sidwell.

Nick Bateman

Liverpool fans used to boo "Dickie" Henderson.  Go figure!

mungos beans

Henderson is highly overrated imo. He had under half a good season for the pool.

jmh

I'm not saying Henderson is the second coming of Matthaus, but he's still loads better than Sidwell, and also young and improving.  I mean, if Sidwell were better, why weren't there big clubs trying to sign him, rather than Stoke signing him for squad depth?

The King

Quote from: K33NY on July 29, 2014, 03:28:40 PM
you have seen lesser players in spain, with a £250million buyout?? NEVER! You would never ever make me believe such a comment without hard proof on it. I dont even think a player would accept such a high clause, because they will want to move to bigger clubs, but no club would ever buy a player for 250million unless you are Christiano Ronaldo!

Why don't you Google it for yourself? Buy out clauses are mandatory in Spain and some go as high as £800m.

And people say you don't learn anything from Football Manager...