more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad numbers are officially out..

Started by General, July 29, 2014, 02:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Interesting to see shekels burg being given the number 1

Scott Parker will now wear his preferred eight shirt – the same number he wore when he captained England in 2012. It is also the squad number he adopted at London rivals West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur.

Following David Stockdale's departure, the 13 shirt has now been taken by Elsad Zverotić, while Kay Voser will wear 15 – the same shirt he donned during his entire FC Basel career.

After making his debut wearing 26 last term, Patrick Roberts will be seen with 14 on his back this season. Steed Malbranque was a popular former occupant of that shirt, and we've already seen that Roberts shares a similarly impressive dribbling ability to that boasted by the Frenchman.

Cauley Woodrow is another Fulham debutant from last season who has swapped numbers, with the 19-year-old becoming the first ever striker to wear the 16 shirt - one which was represented with distinction by Damien Duff for the previous five years.

Woodrow will be competing with Adam Taggart for a spot in the frontline, with the arrival from Newcastle Jets taking number 17 – the squad number which was given to fellow Oceania native Simon Elliott ahead of the 2006/07 campaign.

Lasse Vigen Christensen has been given number 21 – a shirt previously worn by his former Fulham Under-21 teammate Kerim Frei, with Jack Grimmer taking his now vacated 37 jersey.

The defender's switch came about following the signing of his fellow Scot Ross McCormack who has an emotional attachment to the number 44 shirt which he wore when scoring for fun at Leeds United last season.

Moussa Dembélé has followed in Woodrow's footsteps by taking his number 25 shirt from last season – a number worn most prolifically by fellow striker Bobby Zamora during his time at Fulham.

Emerson Hyndman shared a room with Parker during their time in Scotland in pre-season, and the American has now taken his recently available 28 shirt.

George Williams was handed a squad number before the final game of last season, but his number 52 shirt now reads 27, while his namesake Ryan has been allocated 39.

That is the first time Ryan Williams has been given a squad number at the Club, and left-back Sean Kavanagh has been given the same recognition in the form of the number 32 shirt – as previously worn by fellow defenders Brede Hangeland, Rafik Halliche and Elliott Omozusi.

Cameron Burgess is another who has been allocated a number ahead of the new campaign, with the tall centre-back given the 38 shirt which he has done so well in during pre-season.

Adil Chihi will wear 34, whose previous occupants include Chris Baird, Carlos Bocanegra and Kagisho Dikgacoi, while young goalkeeper Marek Rodák has dropped five digits from 47 to 42.

Head over to our online store now to secure your Fulham shirt with your favourite player's name and number on the back.

Full list of Fulham squad numbers

1. Maarten Stekelenburg

2. Tim Hoogland

3. Kostas Stafylidis

4. Shaun Hutchinson

5. Fernando Amorebieta

7. Thomas Eisfeld

8. Scott Parker

10. Bryan Ruiz

11. Alexander Kačaniklić

13. Elsad Zverotić

14. Patrick Roberts

15. Kay Voser

16. Cauley Woodrow

17. Adam Taggart

18. Kostas Mitroglou

19. Ryan Tunnicliffe

20. Hugo Rodallega

21. Lasse Vigen Christensen

25. Moussa Dembélé

27. George Williams

28. Emerson Hyndman

29. Marcello Trotta

30. Chris David

32. Sean Kavanagh

33. Dan Burn

34. Adil Chihi

36. Buomesca Tue Na Bangna

37. Jack Grimmer

38. Cameron Burgess

39. Ryan Williams

40. Marcus Bettinelli

41. Jesse Joronen

42. Marek Rodák

44. Ross McCormack

General

It's odd, tunicliffe has not been given a photo and larnell cole has, but tunicliffe has been given a number whereas cole hasn't.

Interesting how déjàgah hasn't been given a number but Ruiz and mitroglu have.

Riverside

Also no 9 ?
No 6 ?

Or will these be coming ?

millsy

Interestingly, no number 9, which I think Taggart wore at Crawley and less interestingly, no number 6. I wonder why Hugo or Mitrog not allocated 9?

Is it possible we're holding back these two first eleven numbers for anticipated first team recruits??

Rhys Lightning 63

Note that Dejagah does not have a squad number
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

General

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Lighthouse

Dejagah has gone. Presume just paperwork holding up the announcement.

Trying not to look at the squad too carefully. It aint a Champions looking one yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Craven Mad

KP_FFC

7. Thomas Eisfeld seems interesting

Lighthouse

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 29, 2014, 02:37:47 PM
No number for Larnell Cole?

Like a soap character who is written in for an episode and then goes down the shops to collect some tea, but is never seen again. I think Cole was written out by Felix the script writer.

rweller86

Larnell Cole had a number on the profiles page before the announcement (i thin kit was 17 or 21). Also on the profiles page, Dejagah is still 24.
@rweller

BedsFFC

Ross McCormack. Didnt play or go to USA and Felix said he "Shape was wrong". Our big summer striker signing...given...44

rweller86

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 29, 2014, 02:53:02 PM
Ross McCormack. Didnt play or go to USA and Felix said he "Shape was wrong". Our big summer striker signing...given...44

44 was his number at leeds, obviously his preferred number!
@rweller

Lighthouse

McCormack insists on the number as it was the number he wore when his late granny saw him play.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2014, 02:54:37 PM

McCormack insists on the number as it was the number he wore when his late granny saw him play.

I was going to check before I posted. Well, dont I feel a right pudding

Lighthouse

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 29, 2014, 02:58:35 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2014, 02:54:37 PM

I was going to check before I posted. Well, dont I feel a right pudding

I see no reason why you should. I don't think we should take too much notice of this list anyway. It will change soon enough.

TWFL

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/29/squad-numbers

This settles quite a few debates.. 

Edit: Just seen that there's no number 9. Mitroglou keeps his 18.