watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What i've never understood about football fans and kits

Started by Sammyffc, July 29, 2014, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

This is something i have always wondered and its just made me do a post on it as i've seen alot of people on social media kick off about dejagah leaving ...

Why oh Why ! , do people buy shirts with players names on the back .... BEFORE the squad numbers are released AND before the window is shut , then when a player leaves they kick off about it ....

surely anyone with common sense would know this is one of the stupidest things to do in football this day and age , is it really that difficult to wait until the window is shut ?

1500.gif 1500.gif 1500.gif 1500.gif

bill taylors apprentice

I think there should be a ban on anyone wearing a team shirt over the age of 16 and even then only slim athletic looking chaps..... and girls.

Sammyffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 29, 2014, 04:51:10 PM
I think there should be a ban on anyone wearing a team shirt over the age of 16 and even then only slim athletic looking chaps..... and girls.

i had this chat with my spurs mate as he caught me in my fulham shirt last season ! he told me as soon as you reach the age of 20 plus you should be wearing a emblem polo haha !

Berserker

An emblem polo oh how civilised
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Berserker on July 29, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
An emblem polo oh how civilised

haha ! i couldn't think of anything worse. Some however look classy in a way. Fulhams are just a no .

HatterDon

My prize Fulham shirt is my #2 Volz shirt. It was delivered the day that Roy loaned him out, and he never played for fulham again.

Still love that shirt and that player, though.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Artful Dodger

Why...it was 50% off the Berbatov '3rd' shirt during his first year. I think Berba is good enough to carry off for some time yet. And luckily I am a slim over 20!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Rhys Lightning 63

/photo/1

You were saying?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Sammyffc

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 29, 2014, 11:31:14 PM
/photo/1

You were saying?

is this aimed at me ?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 29, 2014, 11:33:49 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 29, 2014, 11:31:14 PM
/photo/1

You were saying?

is this aimed at me ?

In general. Those who think A) You shouldn't have a kid over the age of 20, B) only then if you are slim C) making a point as to get your own name on your back, then you can't get disappointed about a player leaving
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

aaronmcguigan

If someone wants a football shirt, its their money and their choice . The club sell them and people want to wear them .if they want a name on it then fine,personal choice.
I hadn't a clue about squad numbers so I went for #20 saha

leonffc

My sons first shirt had Diop on the back. 6 months later he was gone. Then Bullard was the chosen one. Off he went. Thankfully the boy wised up that he was driving his heros out of the club with his shirt jinx and now has nothing (he did have his own name last year but is back to nothing this).
I personally dont wear them and do find it strange that a grown man still has the need to have a 'hero' in his life, and the need to wear his name on his back but each to their own. As someone said, it's their money, their life. They might not like my choice in clothes I suppose

Berserker

Oh I don't know I think it's good to have hero's, unfortunatesely mine tend to die.
You don't look 63 by the way Reither Lightning

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sammyffc

well lets get back onto the point as we seem to be drifting .. my point was why would you do it when you don't know if they are going to be here ? ( before summer of course )

dannyboi-ffc

I agree about the names on the shirt, it seems a bit ridiculous to put the name of a player who might be leaving in a month on your shirt, if you badly want a name... just wait until september 2nd. Its not that long to wait.

Disagree with others about grown ups wearing their teams top. If your a bit podge then dont buy a slim fit design, wear one from seasons gone by that is a looser fit. But its not silly to wear your clubs colours regardless of your age, I often think when groups of men are wearing stone island etc instead, its because they dont want people to know what team they support..... and why would you wanna do that?

Waffling on a bit I know but I do find it ridiculous when grown men have dempsey or berbatov etc on the back anyway. Maybe have your own name but players names should be for the kids, it makes adults look a bit sad I think
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

grandad

If ever I bought a "replica" shirt it could only be Haynes 10.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Pluto

I'm cursed with this. Got Baird two seasons ago and he left. Bought the red away shirt in June as it's still current for this season, and went for Hangeland, thinking as captain and a bit of a legend it'd be guarenteed that he wouldn't go.

Joked with my brother that'd it'd be just my luck if he then leaves in bad blood, slags off the club completely in the press and signs for QPR......2 days later and what happens?!  :doh: Just crossing my fingers the last part of that doesn't come true!

Berserker

Would it be sad if I got a away one with  Crilly No. 10 on it ?

- Martin Luther King Jr.