watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz & Unhealed Wounds

Started by FFCByTheRiver, July 30, 2014, 12:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCByTheRiver

I wasn't going to post this as it seemed certain Ruiz was off and it's such a divisive topic. But, given that he's back in training, been assigned the number 10 again and there is the tiniest possibility he is staying...

"Maybe they don't need me. They need Bryan Ruiz, believe me."
We'll never know, but I think Martin Jol was probably right on both counts when he said that last season.

I told myself I wouldn't open this can of worms again, but the – admittedly limited – potential of Bryan Ruiz remaining at Craven Cottage, paired with his captaincy of a Costa Rican team who have progressed to the World Cup Quarter Finals provides ample opportunity with which to re-open some of the wounds for fans of Fulham, beautiful football and/or immaculate shiny hair."

Read the rest here... http://thepremierleagueowl.com/bryan-ruiz-fulham-and-unhealed-wounds/

- He'll probably be sold later today, now that I've posted this.

Walsh

I want Ruiz to stay, he's by far my favourite player at Fulham. 2nd would have to be Dejag.... oh wait.... 2nd would have to be Moussa Dembele.

Lighthouse

First of all Ruiz is not key to Fulham. The argument is, do players have less or more room to play the further down the leagues they go. The answer is the better players will always find room. But do Fulham need a player who can slow the game down, make clever passes and be a luxury player?

Well if we have willing runners able to create space and if we can impose ourselves on teams in the Championship than Ruiz is fine. But he needs players around him that can run and create space. So if he stays, well he is a fine player. If he goes we will have a different approach.

Right now we have a team that may be okay going forward. But defending I still worry. It is now a case that if Ruiz stays he can do a job and a good one. However he is no longer key to us. What is a shame is the present Fulham team probably will play to Ruiz's  advantage compared to the old men of the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

The relevant new point is that he has returned to training and that the bloke in charge now is not the one who shipped him out. So it's a clean slate as far as that is concerned - in other words there are no grounds for any dissatisfaction with the team management beyond the fact that he faces the prospect of a season in a lower league.

We can make assumptions (workrate etc) but we have no idea how Felix actually feels about Ruiz.  From a purely intellectual, comparative viewpoint I would like to see how Felix would play him but I can't really see him fitting into a diamond if Felix is planning to base it on Eisfeld and David.

The odds may well be on him leaving but he doesn't have to - one of the two major reasons for his discontent is no longer with us.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

the nutflush

He offered us nothing last season and doesn't want to be here.  I don't see why he would offer us anything this season.  Its a no brainer.  Pi55 him off and spend the cash on someone who can offer us something and wants to be here.  

Pluto

I'd like him to stay but I expect him to make a move late in the transfer window, probably on deadline day.

the nutflush

I don't know why we have to drag up the same argument so many times.  Ruiz didn't work out for us and its time for everyone to get over it and move on. 

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: the nutflush on July 30, 2014, 12:26:46 PM
I don't know why we have to drag up the same argument so many times.  Ruiz didn't work out for us and its time for everyone to get over it and move on.  

As I stated in the second sentence, it's because there now seems to be a reasonable possibility that he'll be playing for Fulham next season.

Lighthouse

I don't know why we have to drag up the same argument so many times.  Ruiz didn't work out for us and its time for everyone to get over it and move on. 

Well a young Pele would have struggled at times. The point is the team has moved on completely so would Ruiz fit better now. While there is nothing to talk about it is a fair question. We can only move on
when there is something else to talk about. Let's be honest the endless talk on squad numbers as if they mean anything is all just filler as well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on July 30, 2014, 12:29:39 PM
I don't know why we have to drag up the same argument so many times.  Ruiz didn't work out for us and its time for everyone to get over it and move on.  

As I stated in the second sentence, it's because there now seems to be a reasonable possibility that he'll be playing for Fulham next season.

He can't wait to get out of here.  We are just trying to get as much as we can for him.  He is probably worth something to some clubs post world cup.  If he stays after deadline day I will be stunned.  

filham

I suspect Ruiz is still with us because , as yet , no one has  made an offer for him.

jmh

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on July 30, 2014, 12:04:12 PM
I wasn't going to post this as it seemed certain Ruiz was off and it's such a divisive topic. But, given that he's back in training, been assigned the number 10 again and there is the tiniest possibility he is staying...
Is he back in training, for sure?  I haven't seen any photos of him with the team.

Deanothefulhamfan

It is an interesting one.... With good players around him he looks very decent. If he stay's he would be in my team and certainly given a fresh chance under a new manager with new players around him....

Watch this space I guess

Humbled

In a team like ours I'm just not sure he fits.
He can play well (sometimes) but he needs to be in a team of players that are at 100% every game or be at a top club in a poor league when he can get the time he requires.
I just feel we have moved on.
He is one of them players of luxury and you pretty much have to play around him and sometimes in a team it just doesn't work.
It can make the "team" a little out of shape.
If he stays however I will support him just like everyone else wearing the Fulham shirt.

Riverside

If he stays I think he would be great at the tip of the Diamond - a view stated before .

What I will say if that i hope that everyone who does stay and start will be given a chance and be supported and backed by us .

We don't want to start the season on the backs of our players .

I for one consider myself a "supporter" rather than a "fan" .
Though the players did test me last season .
Even when I became totally deluded with Berba my response to him was silence not abuse .

Let's all be positive this season please . We should be the 12th man .

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree Humbled, but this is a new team with a lot of pace and essentially a lot of players who are technically good, and can keep the ball. He could fit very well with this team, just as he does with Costa Rica..... who are also quick, organised and have technically gifted players.

Riverside - I agree with your sentiments and hope the players do not get booed, this is a new, YOUNG team, and any abuse could be catastrophic. If they get confidence early on we will be in for an unbelievable season imo.... last season the players showed no fight, no passion and no performance, it was inexcusable from professional expereinced international players, and I can understand why people booed.... This season is so very different though, as it is phase 1 of our rebuild, so we need to give them a chance.

Bronaldinho

Expect a late swoop on a few of our players Ruiz, Mitrog, Stek etc.

Ruiz would be key to our starting 11 if he stayed. He's a top quality playmaker and that number 10 role he's still learning after being so dominant and successful as a Right winger in Holland. With harder-working players surrounding him he would be able to unlock more defences, playing behind a nonchalant Berbatov was never gonna do him any favours. He's a clever and creative player, in that hole there's no one better at the club.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

YoungsBitter

He is not in any of the pictures from the Austria camp so why do we think he is back in training or have I missed something? If he is not playing with the others with less than 2 weeks to go he is gone.
Quark, strangeness and charm

hovewhite

This season we are all in this together,the club,all the players and coaches and we  are as supporters as well.so forget last year and move on,do that by encouraging all the players,even if we don't have the best start or a dodgy patch anytime during the season the players will need our support,ruiz included.

Humbled

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 30, 2014, 06:08:20 PM
I agree Humbled, but this is a new team with a lot of pace and essentially a lot of players who are technically good, and can keep the ball. He could fit very well with this team, just as he does with Costa Rica..... who are also quick, organised and have technically gifted players.

Riverside - I agree with your sentiments and hope the players do not get booed, this is a new, YOUNG team, and any abuse could be catastrophic. If they get confidence early on we will be in for an unbelievable season imo.... last season the players showed no fight, no passion and no performance, it was inexcusable from professional expereinced international players, and I can understand why people booed.... This season is so very different though, as it is phase 1 of our rebuild, so we need to give them a chance.

Agree with ur 1st sentence. The new team seems to be a team with pace. I was going to say that in my first post.
You have made it a positive for him. For me the the fact all our players have pace and seem to want to get up the pitch quickly (going by highlights etc) is it possible that he could stifle attacks? Like Berba did at times, demand the ball, give it to him and he slows down the attack to the point where the threat is irradicated?

I think he needs time on the ball and one thing you don't get too often in the prem (and definately not in the championship) is bags of time on the ball.
Again as I said, if he does stay I will support him.