watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we lose to Ipswich

Started by The Old Count, July 31, 2014, 09:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Will everyone be on the Manager's and the team's backs.

It is not inconceivable that we could lose to Ipswich. The first game of the season is no indication of how the rest of the season will pan out.
For example we won away last season and we all know how that ended up.  Arsenal lost then went on a ten match winning streak.

If the worst happens in the first game I hope we forget it, move on and keep behind the Manager and team.

dgnffc

I think it all depends on the performance. If we play like we have in pre-season with lots of movement and pace then I see that as progress and wouldn't worry too much if we did lose. However if we play like we did last season...................... :012:

The Old Count

Quote from: dgnffc on July 31, 2014, 09:17:00 AM
I think it all depends on the performance. If we play like we have in pre-season with lots of movement and pace then I see that as progress and wouldn't worry too much if we did lose. However if we play like we did last season...................... :012:

You're right.  If we play like last season I wouldn't be surprised if half the Hammersmith end were found hanging under Putney bridge in a mass suicide.

SouthfieldWhite

Like all clubs, we have our share of fickle fans, and fans that watch football, but don't really understand it.

We are in a big transition period.
Don't expect us to walk this league.

At the moment we've a lot of youngsters and with youngsters comes inconsistent performances .

Hopefully Magath can give the youngsters confidence and they can shine.

I've not been Magaths biggest fan, but I certainly won't be calling for his head after a few games if the worse does happen

SuffolkWhite

I always give ten games to see where we are in the league and how we are playing.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 31, 2014, 09:26:22 AM
I always give ten games to see where we are in the league and how we are playing.

This season is not really like any season I can remember.

I can't remember so many players joining and leaving.

I don't think our preseason has been great what with the World Cup and players coming back late to pre season.

Only time will tell but it may take longer than 10 games.

I want Magath to succeed even though I'm not his biggest fan as I think we've had too many changes of managers and we now need stability

TheManOnTheBus

One swallow doesn't make a summer, as Cantona might have said.

Deanothefulhamfan

The players will have my support through the season, they are young so I will be much more patient with them as appose to the players we had last season. How we play in the first 4-5 games will give me a solid idea on Magath though.

MJG

Quote from: dgnffc on July 31, 2014, 09:17:00 AM
I'd agree with this view.

If its a complete shambles then it could be carnage online.

looking at first 3 games if we have 5 or more points from them that will be a good start.

MJG

You look at the fixtures and we have 11 games till the first international break (after Boro away).

That's when we can take stock and see where we are heading.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2014, 09:52:10 AM
You look at the fixtures and we have 11 games till the first international break (after Boro away).

First International break is after 4 game , which may or may not help us

Lighthouse

A defeat at Ipswich and a poor display will mean I was right and it is going to be a season of struggle and disappointment. There will be no point I have made in the last four seasons that will be left unrepeated and I will see only the end of all hope.

A win with a good performance will mean I was right and it is going to be a good season but too early for talk of promotion. There will be no point I have made in the last four seasons that will be left unrepeated and I will see a good half way finish. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 31, 2014, 09:58:55 AM
Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2014, 09:52:10 AM

First International break is after 4 game , which may or may not help us
oh yep your right after the 5th game Cardiff at home. Misreading the dates. Well that's too early to make a decision on Magath so ill stick with the 11th game ;-)

Fulham1959

I always give 10 minutes . . .

Seriously, though, I am too old and too forgiving to get on the team's collective backs.  I am really looking forward to this season, expecting to win a majority of games (rather than the reverse).

Riverside

I will never get on their backs . I am a supporter .

I might lapse into silence if I see no effort .

Otherwise I will try and be the 12th man . We should make The Cottage and advantage for the team rather than another away game where they are abused .

Aaron

No, but I think it's going to be messy at best and I'm not really expecting us to win.

We'll need time to settle in and it would be easy to get it very wrong in this game..  

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Riverside on July 31, 2014, 11:14:45 AM
I will never get on their backs . I am a supporter .

I might lapse into silence if I see no effort .

Otherwise I will try and be the 12th man . We should make The Cottage and advantage for the team rather than another away game where they are abused .

Amen, brother, amen.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2014, 10:05:04 AM
A defeat at Ipswich and a poor display will mean I was right and it is going to be a season of struggle and disappointment. There will be no point I have made in the last four seasons that will be left unrepeated and I will see only the end of all hope.

A win with a good performance will mean I was right and it is going to be a good season but too early for talk of promotion. There will be no point I have made in the last four seasons that will be left unrepeated and I will see a good half way finish. 

So you are asying you will be right in either case, good man. I think the latter is much more likely, and if not, the wrath of kahn won't stand for a subpar season again I wouldn't think and heads would roll once again until someone got it right.

SimpleTactics

For me like others have said its about the performance and style that we play not the result (although a win would be nice). The reason I think many of us began to get frustrated with the team last year was the constant passes around defence and just general slow paced boring football that rarely took us into the opponents half.

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Old Count on July 31, 2014, 09:14:05 AM
Will everyone be on the Manager's and the team's backs.

It is not inconceivable that we could lose to Ipswich. The first game of the season is no indication of how the rest of the season will pan out.
For example we won away last season and we all know how that ended up.  Arsenal lost then went on a ten match winning streak.

If the worst happens in the first game I hope we forget it, move on and keep behind the Manager and team.

Sadly, there are a few who will be critical regardless of the outcome. Too many have already condemned Felix.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.