watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bodurov Signs

Started by Tom_FFC, August 01, 2014, 11:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Ton Ted

He's rubbish. A bloke told me on the internet.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

beijing ben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 01, 2014, 12:33:09 PM
So we sign an international defender who has won titles and has experience in the Champions and Europa Leagues for our coming season in the Championship and people STILL find a way to complain about it?

I think it's a decent signing, as good as what we can hope for. I was more about the suggestion that Matthaus knows his stuff. He was a fantastic player, but he is not 'all there'.The way the Germans i know have told me and from watching his exploits post playing career, he is considered a bit of a joke in Germany. But as for Nikolay, potentially a very good signing...

Deanothefulhamfan

No way should he start ahead of Hutch who is probably the best CB we have at the club at the moment.

I think he will play alongside him, although in actual truth I would not start him against Ipswich, and use the pairing of Hutch and Burgess which has been very effective pre season.

Either way an experienced player added to the squad is not a bad thing... welcome aboard

Zu-Meister

Dan Burn has to start. Formidable in the air, only defender experienced in the championship and did very well there. Vocal, has leadership qualities. Dont know what magaths planning for him. Im hoping he hasnt taken part in most of the pre season games because magath already has him down as a starter.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 01, 2014, 12:57:41 PM
Dan Burn has to start. Formidable in the air, only defender experienced in the championship and did very well there. Vocal, has leadership qualities. Dont know what magaths planning for him. Im hoping he hasnt taken part in most of the pre season games because magath already has him down as a starter.

Why?

Who are we, sitting in front of our keyboards, to be judging the strength of players we mostly haven't seen play and certainly haven't seen train.

Building the new team and devising tactics is down to Magath and his advisers (who do not include US).

Once we've seen how they do we can either purr with appreciation or snarl with disgust.

Until then though......................

Zu-Meister

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 01, 2014, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 01, 2014, 12:57:41 PM

Why?

Who are we, sitting in front of our keyboards, to be judging the strength of players we mostly haven't seen play and certainly haven't seen train.

Building the new team and devising tactics is down to Magath and his advisers (who do not include US).

Once we've seen how they do we can either purr with appreciation or snarl with disgust.

Until then though......................
weve seen a fair bit of dan burn, think hes got it. still young too. but his experience in the league is quite important.

Ordar

If theres a guaranteed CB starter, its Hutchinson. He looks miles better than the rest. Fantastic signing it seems

Arthur

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 01, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
I fear Fekix is up to his old tricks and collecting players that will never play for the club he signs them for.

If Amorebieta leaves (as he may well do), we would have six centre-backs, two of whom - Donnelly and Burgess - have yet to play a competitive game and another - Arthurworrey - who probably needs more games at a lower level.

If Bodurov never plays for us, it will be because Burgess and/or Donnelly are able to make a seamless transition from U18s football to The Championship. It may happen (and, if it does, great)... but I wouldn't want to bet my house on it.

I think Magath is taking a sensible view and guarding against the fact that, however much of a prospect Burgess or Donnelly is, playing at centre-back is a physically demanding position and our two outstanding youngsters, despite their ability, may still need another year-or-more before they are strong enough to cope.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 01, 2014, 01:03:52 PM

weve seen a fair bit of dan burn, think hes got it. still young too. but his experience in the league is quite important.
[/quote]

I also liked what I saw of Burn but have no idea what our best CB partnership is from the players we have and maybe those we are about to sign.

None of us have a valid opinion on this YET.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 01, 2014, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 01, 2014, 01:03:52 PM

I also liked what I saw of Burn but have no idea what our best CB partnership is from the players we have and maybe those we are about to sign.

None of us have a valid opinion on this YET.
[/quote]yeah i agree. theres a reason magaths the coach. im just saying from what ive seen. which is match days.

Lighthouse

Nikolay Bodurov was one of the most content men in Austria after completing his move to Fulham on Friday afternoon.

The Bulgarian defender penned an initial three-year deal with the Whites having trained with his new teammates throughout the week, and he was delighted to get the deal over the line.

Speaking from the team's hotel in Innsbruck, Bodurov told fulhamfc.com: "I'm very happy to have signed. It's a moment that I've wanted for a long time. It's a dream of mine.

"I see a good team here – the training camp has been good so far. Everything is very professional here and I think that we have everything we need to have a very successful season."

The 28-year-old also emphasised his desire to play under Fulham Manager Felix Magath, stating: "He's a very good coach who has had many successes in football, and for any footballer I think it would be a great pleasure to work with a coach like him.

"I'll be fighting for a starting position in the team, but everything is down to the coach. I'm here to work and train and show what I have and what I can do."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

He's been given number 6. Don't know if anything can/should be read into that?

Riversider

Worth noting, that at 180cm Bodurov is very short for a centre back !
Just saying.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Riversider on August 01, 2014, 01:36:49 PM
Just saying.

Never worried Sanchez, he loved small players
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Riversider on August 01, 2014, 01:36:49 PM
Just saying.

Cannavarro was shorter, he was a bit alright!  Apart from one glorious night :D

Lighthouse

Timing is everything. Richard Money was short but did ok when he played there. Anybody remember the away game at Pompey where Paul Parker was outstanding in the air. It takes more than just being tall.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

K33NY

Never ever heardof the guy, is he good?

MasterHaynes

Quote from: beijing ben on August 01, 2014, 12:28:12 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 01, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on August 01, 2014, 11:50:42 AM
Quote from: Delboy on August 01, 2014, 11:38:31 AM
Welcome Nikolay, if Lothar Matthaus picked you for the national team then you must have something about you. Good luck. COYW

Hoping that this guy is good and the fact that he is a regular at international level would suggest that but, despite Matthaus being a fantastic player, he is a complete fruitcake, something i think we don't realise outside of Germany.. Anyhow, i think we definitely needed a bit more experience in central defence with the prospect of Amorebieta leaving and hopefully Nikolay is it. Still need a central midfielder and probably a goalkeeper too...
Bulgaria are ranked between Morocco  & Oman worldwide and regionally betwen Israel & Macedonia not sure that is any endorsement for a starting place ahead of Burn, Burgess or Grimmer. I fear Fekix is up to his old tricks and collecting players that will never play for the club he signs them for.

Agree with you about the current state of Bulgaria. They have a very inexperienced side right now so to be in that squad doesn't necessarily mean quality but at least he is playing at that level.. With regards to Felix, does he actually have that reputation?
Unfortunately he does, creating large squads where ever he has been, has piced up some very good players among them Dzeko the most notable one. These articles don'y really highlight it but at his last season at Wolfsburg there were 7-8 players signed that never made the bench but they do reflect with what we have seen so far this summer
http://arunfoot.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/felix-magath-buyingselling-of-players.html
http://www.thefootballexpress.co.uk/tag/felix-magath/

Riverside

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 01, 2014, 01:34:36 PM
He's been given number 6. Don't know if anything can/should be read into that?

Mmmmm
When the squad numbers came out I wondered whether 6 and 9 we're being held back for anyone .
We now have the answer for 6  .
What about 9 ? Surely we have too many CFs already  ?

rweller86

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 01, 2014, 12:08:57 PM
hutch is left footed but prefers the right side apparently. every preseason friendly thats where hes been. and often uses right foot
A centre back using both feet...
@rweller