more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bodurov Signs

Started by Tom_FFC, August 01, 2014, 11:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_FFC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/august/01/bodurov-signs

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the permanent signing of Bulgarian international defender Nikolay Bodurov.

The 28-year-old has penned a contract to play for the Whites until the summer of 2017, with an additional one-year option, and he joins up with Felix Magath's squad at their training camp in Jenbach, Austria.

Bodurov made 125 appearances for his hometown club, Pirin Blagoevgrad, before moving to Litex Lovech in 2009, where he went on to play 258 matches and score 10 goals to help his team lift the Bulgarian Championship on two occasions.

Bodurov, primarily a centre-back who can also play on the right side of defence, experienced playing in the UEFA Champions League qualifying round and the Europa League with the Oranges.

His performances earned international acclaim in October 2010, when then manager Lothar Matthäus handed him his international debut against Wales in Cardiff, and Bodurov has since collected 24 caps for Bulgaria.

The Club would like to welcome Nikolay and wishes him a successful playing career with the Whites.

Baider

His Wikpedia page is a bit strange...

Jamie88

Ah, so the wiki page WAS correct! Maybe you can trust Wikipedia

Delboy

Welcome Nikolay, if Lothar Matthaus picked you for the national team then you must have something about you. Good luck. COYW

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Will he be in the starting 11? We already have Hutch, Amorebieta, Burgess and Burn...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 01, 2014, 11:39:22 AM
Will he be in the starting 11? We already have Hutch, Amorebieta, Burgess and Burn...

He is certainly ahead of Burgess and Burn and I would think would take up one of the starting centre half positions ahead of Hutch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mhbruce

Maybe this means amore is off

Ordar

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 01, 2014, 11:41:09 AM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 01, 2014, 11:39:22 AM

He is certainly ahead of Burgess and Burn and I would think would take up one of the starting centre half positions ahead of Hutch.

Yeah Hutchinson will be the number 1 CB from what I've seen. That was a great signing. Competition for the second spot is heating up. I have a funny feeling that Amore will stay

Pluto

Hope to God this doesn't mean Burn goes.

beijing ben

Quote from: Delboy on August 01, 2014, 11:38:31 AM
Welcome Nikolay, if Lothar Matthaus picked you for the national team then you must have something about you. Good luck. COYW

Hoping that this guy is good and the fact that he is a regular at international level would suggest that but, despite Matthaus being a fantastic player, he is a complete fruitcake, something i think we don't realise outside of Germany.. Anyhow, i think we definitely needed a bit more experience in central defence with the prospect of Amorebieta leaving and hopefully Nikolay is it. Still need a central midfielder and probably a goalkeeper too...

F(f)CUK

I was given the chance to go to the open training with Shooting Star hospice, but decided to turn it down as I won't know anyone there. At this rate only Parker is likely to start of the senior Fulham players from last season.

ffc73

"Bodurov, primarily a centre-back who can also play on the right side of defence"

For me that means he is starting next to Hutch as the CB pairing.

Amore is likely to go on the last day of the window with FFC stumping up the salary difference for Malaga to take him off our books

Question is whether Burn will stay and fight for a place or go leaving us with the younger youngsters as cover

Craven Mad

I'd separate our CBs into RCBs and LCBs.

Burn, Amore and Burgess seem to be the LCB options. I think Hutch, Bodurov and Donnelly are the RCB options.

I personally think (or maybe "hope" is the better word) Bodurov will be backup to Hutch.

ffc73

Sorry if i am wrong Craven.  I thought Hutch was LCB and that was one of the reasons he was not being paired with Burn who is also a LCB. 

I am finding it hard enough keeping up with whose going and whose coming let alone which foot they stand on and which one they kick with.

Zu-Meister

hutch is left footed but prefers the right side apparently. every preseason friendly thats where hes been. and often uses right foot

Craven Mad

Quote from: FFC73 on August 01, 2014, 12:03:42 PM
Sorry if i am wrong Craven.  I thought Hutch was LCB and that was one of the reasons he was not being paired with Burn who is also a LCB.  

I am finding it hard enough keeping up with whose going and whose coming let alone which foot they stand on and which one they kick with.

Hutch is left-footed but - unusually - favours the opposite side of defence; so is an RCB. Hangers was similar; right-footed but played on the left.

That's where Hutch has played for Motherwell, and he's also been on the right-side in every pre-season game for us. We're lacking in RCBs - hence why I think it'll be either Bodurov OR Hutch, rather than both. I could be wrong, but I think that one will act as cover for the other.

However, they may be able to interchange freely to play alongside one-another, who knows!

MasterHaynes

Quote from: beijing ben on August 01, 2014, 11:50:42 AM

Hoping that this guy is good and the fact that he is a regular at international level would suggest that but, despite Matthaus being a fantastic player, he is a complete fruitcake, something i think we don't realise outside of Germany.. Anyhow, i think we definitely needed a bit more experience in central defence with the prospect of Amorebieta leaving and hopefully Nikolay is it. Still need a central midfielder and probably a goalkeeper too...
Bulgaria are ranked between Morocco  & Oman worldwide and regionally betwen Israel & Macedonia not sure that is any endorsement for a starting place ahead of Burn, Burgess or Grimmer. I fear Fekix is up to his old tricks and collecting players that will never play for the club he signs them for.

West Ewells all White

What about recycling a now redundant song, He`s Bulgarian, Bodurov is Bulgarian............... ?

beijing ben

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 01, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on August 01, 2014, 11:50:42 AM

Bulgaria are ranked between Morocco  & Oman worldwide and regionally betwen Israel & Macedonia not sure that is any endorsement for a starting place ahead of Burn, Burgess or Grimmer. I fear Fekix is up to his old tricks and collecting players that will never play for the club he signs them for.

Agree with you about the current state of Bulgaria. They have a very inexperienced side right now so to be in that squad doesn't necessarily mean quality but at least he is playing at that level.. With regards to Felix, does he actually have that reputation?

God The Mechanic

So we sign an international defender who has won titles and has experience in the Champions and Europa Leagues for our coming season in the Championship and people STILL find a way to complain about it?