more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland to Crystal Palace - OFFICIAL.

Started by shnlwswlkr, August 01, 2014, 01:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Finnegans Wake

I wish him luck but im fairly indifferent to him now. Obviously there was the fiasco with him being released and, to be honest, I dont buy his side of the story. Especially when the club have released 2 press statements that differ from his version of events.

I think it was the right time for him to go. Watching him against Palace on the last day of the season, he still looked like he was struggling with his back and not moving properly.

In regards to the `loyalty` he supposedly showed, I agree with Nero. I remember alot of speculation and press talk but I dont remember hearing of any concrete offers being made. So all you can thank him for is not forcing a move.

Like I said I wish him luck and i`d give him a clap if he came back to the Cottage but I wouldnt consider him a `club legend`.   

TheDaddy

Good luck to the lad ,solid CB for us and like HatterDon  thought him and Hughes were a great pairing on there day.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Lighthouse

Good luck to him but I will be interested if he ever plays for Palace and if he ever comes close to finding the form he lost two seasons ago.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mokes

I honestly can't believe people slagging off Hangeland, he was amazing for us. Until his injury he was always in the side and one of our best players, and he was loyal to us, he stayed for 6 years when he could have been off at any point especially 3 or 4 years ago when Arsenal were after him, instead he came out and said he was happy at Fulham and was not looking to move. He was a proper Fulham man and he loved the club as much as we could possibly hope for. Obviously there was a bit of a falling out with the club and it seems like he wasn't all that impressed with Magath and all the changes that were made but that doesn't mean that it's all on him and that he walked away from the club for a better deal, like he's Mark Hughes. He left for whatever the reasons were and that's that. He was never patronising to the fans like Zamora was and he has always seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Good luck to him.

Those saying, no one has any faith in him because he was only offered an initial 1 year contract are just proving how stupid they really are. How many 33 years olds get offered long term contacts now days?! John Terry, who most people think should still be the England side is only getting offered a 1 year pay as you play contract at the side he has been at his whole career and they are the same age.  It's more a sign of ambition on his part that at his age he would rather sign a 1 year contact at a premier league club then take the easy option and take up a longer term contract in a lesser league.

MikeW

Don't think we should give him a hard time at all,  Club - yet again - guilty of pitiful conduct by all accounts.
The shambles continues daily .... I'm very worried.  Prove me wrong Felix but I just don't see you or your signings as anything like the right direction.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Mokes on August 01, 2014, 05:14:38 PM
I honestly can't believe people slagging off Hangeland, he was amazing for us. Until his injury he was always in the side and one of our best players, and he was loyal to us, he stayed for 6 years when he could have been off at any point especially 3 or so years ago when Arsenal were after him. He was a proper Fulham man and he loved the club as much as we could possibly hope for. Obviously there was a bit of a falling out with the club and it seems like he wasn't all that impressed with Magath and all the changes that were made but that doesn't mean that it's all on him and that he walked away from the club for a better deal, like he's Mark Hughes. He left for whatever the reasons were and that's that. He was never patronising to the fans like Zamora was and he has always seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Good luck to him.

Those saying, no one has any faith in him because he was only offered an initial 1 year contract are just proving how stupid they really are. How many 33 years olds get offered long term contacts now days?! John Terry, who most people think should still be the England side is only getting offered a 1 year pay as you play contract at the side he has been at his whole career and they are the same age.  It's more a sign of ambition on his part that at his age he would rather sign a 1 year contact at a premier league club then take the easy option and take up a longer term contract in a lesser league.

But Arsenal never actually came in for him did they? So its not really `being loyal`.

Mokes

He came out and
Quote from: Finnegans Wake on August 01, 2014, 05:21:26 PM
I honestly can't believe people slagging off Hangeland, he was amazing for us. Until his injury he was always in the side and one of our best players, and he was loyal to us, he stayed for 6 years when he could have been off at any point especially 3 or so years ago when Arsenal were after him. He was a proper Fulham man and he loved the club as much as we could possibly hope for. Obviously there was a bit of a falling out with the club and it seems like he wasn't all that impressed with Magath and all the changes that were made but that doesn't mean that it's all on him and that he walked away from the club for a better deal, like he's Mark Hughes. He left for whatever the reasons were and that's that. He was never patronising to the fans like Zamora was and he has always seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Good luck to him.

Those saying, no one has any faith in him because he was only offered an initial 1 year contract are just proving how stupid they really are. How many 33 years olds get offered long term contacts now days?! John Terry, who most people think should still be the England side is only getting offered a 1 year pay as you play contract at the side he has been at his whole career and they are the same age.  It's more a sign of ambition on his part that at his age he would rather sign a 1 year contact at a premier league club then take the easy option and take up a longer term contract in a lesser league.

But Arsenal never actually came in for him did they? So its not really `being loyal`.

At the time did he not come out and say he was happy at the time and was not looking to go anywhere. Eventually in the end Arsenal ended up signing Vermaelen when the deal broke down sure, but If Brede wanted the move pushed through I'm sure it could have happened.

alfie

Quote from: Mokes on August 01, 2014, 06:10:55 PM
He came out and

Good luck to him.

Those saying, no one has any faith in him because he was only offered an initial 1 year contract are just proving how stupid they really are. How many 33 years olds get offered long term contacts now days?! John Terry, who most people think should still be the England side is only getting offered a 1 year pay as you play contract at the side he has been at his whole career and they are the same age.  It's more a sign of ambition on his part that at his age he would rather sign a 1 year contact at a premier league club then take the easy option and take up a longer term contract in a lesser league.

At the time did he not come out and say he was happy at the time and was not looking to go anywhere. Eventually in the end Arsenal ended up signing Vermaelen when the deal broke down sure, but If Brede wanted the move pushed through I'm sure it could have happened.

Well i know for a fact that Arsenal lost interest in him at a very early stage, it was a mild enquiry about him, but he was just not good enough for them.
Please don't ask for source or where this information comes from i will not say.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Arthur

Quote from: MikeW on August 01, 2014, 05:17:56 PM
Club - yet again - guilty of pitiful conduct by all accounts.

...'by all accounts'? There are only two: Hangeland's... and the Club's.

Mokes

Quote from: alfie on August 01, 2014, 06:21:01 PM
He came out and

Good luck to him.

Well i know for a fact that Arsenal lost interest in him at a very early stage, it was a mild enquiry about him, but he was just not good enough for them.
Please don't ask for source or where this information comes from i will not say.

Haha, Yet Senderos and Kolo were.

Even if Arsenal were not interested, Still a lot of clubs would have been and he went nowhere.

WhiteJC

Quote from: ollienixs on August 01, 2014, 03:33:33 PM
A 1 year deal, even they are unsure

perhaps Brede is the one who's unsure? I wish him nothing but the best  :54:

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: Mokes on August 01, 2014, 06:59:21 PM
He came out and

Good luck to him.

Even if Arsenal were not interested, Still a lot of clubs would have been and he went nowhere.

He went nowhere because there were no offers. What your praising him for is not kicking up a fuss/throwing his toys out the pram to force a move to anyone. I wouldnt call that loyalty as such its just the way a player should behave in that situation.

Fulham 442

Yes Hangeland was a great servant to the club in his day, and his pairing with Hughes was excellent,  but for the past two seasons he was woeful.  We had the worst defensive record out of the whole four divisions last season - and he was one of the reasons for that.  Everyone keeps talking about loyalty - all footballers talk a good game when they are employed by a club, and everytime they move on they spout the same stuff "As soon as the gaffer spoke to me I knew this was where I wanted to be" etc.  No other club put in a bid for him in all his time with us - that doesn't make him loyal!  Good luck to him - tbh I am amazed he got a contract, even if it is only for a year, with a Premier league club.  I thank him for his past service, when he was good, but I am glad that he has gone, now he is, quite frankly, rubbish!

F(f)CUK

I heard two Palace supporters getting excited about this yesterday. I stopped myself from saying that he's not as good as he used to be.

SP

Quote from: F(f)CUK on August 01, 2014, 09:19:42 PM
I heard two Palace supporters getting excited about this yesterday. I stopped myself from saying that he's not as good as he used to be.

Do they not remember 5 foot next to nothing Mariappa out jumping Brede at Selhurst & Chamakh doing the same at the Cottage?

Good luck Brede.

Andy S

On their day Hughes and Hangeland were great players for us. Unfortunately age catches us all sooner or later and injuries usually stop us from playing totally. Whether Hangeland is over his injury who knows but he is not getting any younger. The other thing hangeland has always needed is a nippy centre back next to him to mop up. Does he have that at Palace?

PokerMatt

Quote from: HatterDon on August 01, 2014, 02:41:09 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on August 01, 2014, 02:33:45 PM
Good for Brede. He deserves better from us in his departure. His form dropped due to injuries, but that is no reason to slag him off. He was a model player in many ways and chose to stay with Fulham even when there was interest from other clubs. He was loyal to the club and even in the end, I could hardly blame him for his comments given how circus-like the club managed the last two seasons, which ended up us landing in the Championship.

He will always be one of my favorite players at Fulham.

We do love to piss on our dead, don't we?

There were two seasons there where I would not have traded Hangeland and Hughes for any CB pairing in the Premier League. I can't think of any other persons or seasons where I thought we had the best personnel.

Hope you get relegated? Really?
Yep. Agree with both posts. Absolute model pro for so long and stuck with us when he was in his prime and might have looked for a move.

I think of all teams Palace is the one he will look best at, so seems a sensible move to me.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Riverside

Good luck to him

Playing under Pulis ( someone you knows how to organise a defence ) gives him the best chance of extending his career

alfie

Quote from: Mokes on August 01, 2014, 06:59:21 PM
He came out and

Good luck to him.

That is the thing though, even if a lot of clubs were interested no one put an offer in for him.
In all this we we got the best of Brede and then at the end the worst, but i wish him well and if it is good for him and his family then fair play.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't