watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz has been found !! ( Updated )

Started by Sammyffc, August 01, 2014, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz.  

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 01, 2014, 10:47:25 PM
You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz.  

At this late stage? Theres still a month to find someone, I appreciate what your saying and I agree the youngsters need older quality players around them but that doesnt mean we need ruiz. I hope he stays, I like him and was frustrated at how little he did. Berbatov and jol ruined ruiz and the mis management was awful but likewise rene dumped ruiz regardless of losing berba so he still has his flaws. He is not perfect.

So we can agree ruiz can do a job for us but please less of the phrase 'fulham needs ruiz', I dont like that
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Skatzoffc

Nice sentiment Forever.
But IMO Jol wasn't right about anything.
Lol

Skatzoffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 01, 2014, 10:09:13 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 01, 2014, 09:55:18 PM
I would just like to remind everyone that underpopulated Costa Rica and its national team, captained by Senor Ruiz almost made it to the semi-finals of the World Cup, losing in PK shootout.  Otherwise, unbeaten.  And who scored the most important goal of that country's campaign?  Ruiz.  You folks did manage to catch a few of their games, yes?  Stiff breezes didn't blow him over in that tournament.  He ran his ass off.  He battled.  He dipped and swerved, and caused defenders to lunge at air.  He set up teammates.  It was some of the most beautiful football played in the entire Cup.  You are whistling past the graveyard if you think we are getting back to the EPL in one season without him, in the absence of a comparable substitute.  And at this late hour, it doesn't look like that substitute is coming.  Jol was right about one thing: Fulham needs Bryan Ruiz.

Fulham needs its loyal core of fans that have stuck by the club throughout every high and low, fulham does certainly not need anyone else except a good hearted chairman who can manage the club from the top in the fulham way. That means staying at the cottage, conducting itself properly and keeping the family character around the whole establishment as well as sensible footballing decisions. Thats what makes fulham football club.

As for fulham needing ruiz??? It will take more than 5 decent world cup performances and 4 or 5 pretty goals to suggest he is needed. Why do you portray him as a god??? If he was that special he wouldnt of signed for us in the first place at such a good age of 26.  It was signing players like ruiz, berbatov, bent and taarabt that relegated fulham in the first place.

Im happy to keep ruiz, he could do well if he stayed but fulham doesnt need anyone, certainly not a player who ran away from a relegation battle to concentrate on a world cup

Rousing Danny!

bill taylors apprentice

Fulham could do with a player such as the Ruiz who captained Costa Rica.
That Ruiz has never been seen over at Fulham.
He could of been a much loved player, but blew it.

hovewhite

Ability wise ruiz has it and there is no question about that,its more about how to put players in around him that contributes to getting us back to the P.L, if felix can find the missing ingrediant great.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Bryan Ruiz was never  really lost,  he is just lost to Fulham.
I  am ashamed  of  what Fulham did to Ruiz and I hope we can redeem ourselves over the coming year
and we all get carried away by Bryan Ruiz like FC Twente

Singing Bryan Ruiz, for the last time

the nutflush

Best rendition of Sound of Music gets a transfer.  I'm surprised Ruiz doesn't have a nose bleed from being up that high.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Our Bryan  as others see him ..................

Luis Suarez VS Bryan Ruiz

Deanothefulhamfan

If Ruiz stay's and plays with the likes of David, Eisfield, Mccormack and Woodrow he will flourish. I really hope he stays as he will be immense this season for us....

ChesterTheTabby

I would just like to remind everyone that underpopulated Costa Rica and its national team, captained by Senor Ruiz almost made it to the semi-finals of the World Cup, losing in PK shootout.  Otherwise, unbeaten.  And who scored the most important goal of that country's campaign?  Ruiz.  You folks did manage to catch a few of their games, yes?  Stiff breezes didn't blow him over in that tournament.  He ran his ass off.  He battled.  He dipped and swerved, and caused defenders to lunge at air.  He set up teammates.  It was some of the most beautiful football played in the entire Cup.  You are whistling past the graveyard if you think we are getting back to the EPL in one season without him, in the absence of a comparable substitute.  And at this late hour, it doesn't look like that substitute is coming.  Jol was right about one thing: Fulham needs Bryan Ruiz.

I would like to think regular posters on this forum have come to see me as a postive and optimisstic fellow..however...Ruiz did miss the first penalty in the game they lost to get knocked out of the World Cup. I just have to point this out because for as much credit as you are giving this lad based on his WC performance..we do not NEED him. I would be jubilant as ever if he stayed because I think he can still prove us all dead wrong..but as an almost Fulham savior? I'll have what you are drinking.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MrProphet

You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz. 

Now I don't want this to turn in to yet another Ruiz argument but it drives me crazy that some of his supporters absolve him of all blame and place it at the door of everyone else.

Yes the team where rubbish and jol a clueless numpty but that didn't stop ruiz being sneezed off the ball by someone twice his size running in to an opposition player or not being bothered to put a foot it.

He certainly wasn't the Messiah he's being portrayed as in the wc on that basis I hear Magath's putting a bid in for Kleberson and Djemba djemba as we speak

If he stays his slates clean in my opinion but he better give us something back because we deserve it
Three moments of brilliance and 1 very good performance (arsenal away season before last) is not good enough

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: maoconnor on August 02, 2014, 06:03:41 AM

I would like to think regular posters on this forum have come to see me as a postive and optimisstic fellow..however...Ruiz did miss the first penalty in the game they lost to get knocked out of the World Cup. I just have to point this out because for as much credit as you are giving this lad based on his WC performance..we do not NEED him. I would be jubilant as ever if he stayed because I think he can still prove us all dead wrong..but as an almost Fulham savior? I'll have what you are drinking.

Quote from: MrProphet on August 02, 2014, 07:45:31 AM
You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz. 

Now I don't want this to turn in to yet another Ruiz argument but it drives me crazy that some of his supporters absolve him of all blame and place it at the door of everyone else.

Yes the team where rubbish and jol a clueless numpty but that didn't stop ruiz being sneezed off the ball by someone twice his size running in to an opposition player or not being bothered to put a foot it.

He certainly wasn't the Messiah he's being portrayed as in the wc on that basis I hear Magath's putting a bid in for Kleberson and Djemba djemba as we speak

If he stays his slates clean in my opinion but he better give us something back because we deserve it
Three moments of brilliance and 1 very good performance (arsenal away season before last) is not good enough

thank goodness I wasnt alone in my comments. Im happy to keep him and I hope he does well cos I quite like him.and would.take him over berbatov all day long BUT, and its a big but, I wont stand for anyone ridding him of all blame for his pathetic time here and will certainly not have anyone say we NEED him. We could do with having him stay but NEED is a bit strong. I dont think we have a player we need at the moment but if we do, it certainly isnt ruiz

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: the nutflush on August 02, 2014, 12:59:45 AM
Best rendition of Sound of Music gets a transfer.  I'm surprised Ruiz doesn't have a nose bleed from being up that high.

hahaha good one. I can just picture it

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

AUSFFC

"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

Sammyffc

JUST SEEN ON HIS FACEBOOK

En Austria, con mis amigos Hugo y Fernando, después de un durísimo trabajo de pretemporada, mientras tomo la mejor decisión de mi futuro!!!

In Austria, with my friends, Hugo and Fernando, after a grueling preseason work, while taking the best decision of my future!

does this mean he is staying ....... ?

fulhamben

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 02, 2014, 09:56:01 AM

En Austria, con mis amigos Hugo y Fernando, después de un durísimo trabajo de pretemporada, mientras tomo la mejor decisión de mi futuro!!!

In Austria, with my friends, Hugo and Fernando, after a grueling preseason work, while taking the best decision of my future!

hope so, everyone needs that bit of class.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 02, 2014, 09:56:01 AM

I know that's how Facebook translates it, but it could also be read as - skipping to the end - "whilst I choose the best decision for my future". A little less reassuring..

dannyboi-ffc

I hope he stays, I want to give him the chance to redeem himself without berbatov getting in his way. I just didnt like him being portrayed as a messiah by some. Only johnny haynes holds that kind of status.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]