more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz has been found !! ( Updated )

Started by Sammyffc, August 01, 2014, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 01, 2014, 10:47:25 PM
You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz.  
Have you not seen the past 3 years of Bryan ruiz. He is hopeless. I've argued with you before about how pathetic he is and am not gonna get into a heated debate now. Part of me wants him to stay just to prove to you how tragic he would be for us in the championship. But that isn't for the better of fulham so I'd rather see him depart.

Just think about this. He had over 20 goals for both of his first two clubs. 35 for his third club. Then with us he has an amazing 8 goals! What does that tell you about Bryan ruiz and English football? And those goals were from the flashes of brilliance he showed. Not conconsistently enough to be rated so highly though. Please, please let him move the f**k on!

fulhamben

Quote from: Blanco on August 02, 2014, 10:37:22 AM
You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz. 
Have you not seen the past 3 years of Bryan ruiz. He is hopeless. I've argued with you before about how pathetic he is and am not gonna get into a heated debate now. Part of me wants him to stay just to prove to you how tragic he would be for us in the championship. But that isn't for the better of fulham so I'd rather see him depart.

Just think about this. He had over 20 goals for both of his first two clubs. 35 for his third club. Then with us he has an amazing 8 goals! What does that tell you about Bryan ruiz and English football? And those goals were from the flashes of brilliance he showed. Not conconsistently enough to be rated so highly though. Please, please let him move the f**k on!
even messi would struggle to score with crap players like Parker and sidwell behind him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Blanco

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2014, 10:42:12 AM
You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz. 

even messi would struggle to score with crap players like Parker and sidwell behind him
No he wouldn't. That's an excuse. A good player performs whoever is behind him. Ruiz isn't good enough.

dannyboi-ffc

According to soccer base which is pretty accurate for stats. This is how our big 4 have done
Marlet- 11.5million  - 78 games in all competitions- 8 as a sub-  19 goals.
AJ       - 10.5million  - 111 games in all competitions- 22 as a sub-   27 goals.
Ruiz   -  10.6 million - 76 games in all competitions- 18 as a sub-  8 goals.
Mitroglou- 11 million(apparently)-   3 games- 2 as a sub lol -  0 attempts on goal. (Only joking, he has one at cardiff).

Very interesting reading.

Does anyone know the assist records for the 3 of them, we can guess mitroglou is 0.

Who's got the worst record there then? I really do think marlet is unfairly branded as the worst and I think this proves the others werent any better. Ruiz has alot to make up for
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Craven Mad

Transfermarkt has Bryan scoring 9 goals and making 19 assists in 80 prem appearances for us (across a total of 5439 minutes [out of a possible 7200 minutes]). If you add in the cup appearances, there's another 4 assists in 7 appearances (across 584 mins).

Danny, your stats also hide the fact that each player is enormously different in style and contribution. I don't want to get into a heated debate, but Bryan was played either as a deep-attacking playmaker or a right winger, AJ - for example - was an out-and-out striker.

I for one would like to see Bryan given one more chance. He does need to work on his ball-retention though; he often gives is away too cheaply (usually by being unaware of his surroundings, and a player poaches the ball from his feet). But he's a useful creative outlet and now we have forward-facing strikers, I think he could be invaluable.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 02, 2014, 11:54:12 AM
Transfermarkt has Bryan scoring 9 goals and making 19 assists in 80 prem appearances for us (across a total of 5439 minutes [out of a possible 7200 minutes]). If you add in the cup appearances, there's another 4 assists in 7 appearances (across 584 mins).

Danny, your stats also hide the fact that each player is enormously different in style and contribution. I don't want to get into a heated debate, but Bryan was played either as a deep-attacking playmaker or a right winger, AJ - for example - was an out-and-out striker.

I for one would like to see Bryan given one more chance. He does need to work on his ball-retention though; he often gives is away too cheaply (usually by being unaware of his surroundings, and a player poaches the ball from his feet). But he's a useful creative outlet and now we have forward-facing strikers, I think he could be invaluable.

Why does it have to be a heated debate? Im not saying ruiz is the worst because of those stats, I just dont think marlet was.

Your absolutely right, ruiz job is to create the goals where as aj's job was to score. Thats why I asked for assist stats because otherwise it was unfair on bryan.

I want to give him one more chance, I really like him and can see a talent there. Some of his goals were genius, but he was a big let down for whatever reason. Personally I think because of berbatov.

I got annoyed because forever fulham said fulham need ruiz, fulham dont need anyone. Thats what was the trouble in the first place, berbatov in his mind believed fulham needed him and it destroyed any team ethic we had. Ruiz has done nothing to warrant the tag of a NEED player. Thats where my issue was,  come on bryan you owe us now. You had your precious world cup which you had a lovely loan move to prepare for whilst the rest of us suffered. Now repay us!

Craven mad do you know the assists for marlet and aj? Im trying to work out who was the worst. Fees are all similar and at the minute I believe its aj.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Riverside

Ruiz has gone missing again
Not playing today
So no pre season minutes

Craven Mad

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 02, 2014, 12:54:09 PM

Why does it have to be a heated debate? Im not saying ruiz is the worst because of those stats, I just dont think marlet was.

Your absolutely right, ruiz job is to create the goals where as aj's job was to score. Thats why I asked for assist stats because otherwise it was unfair on bryan.

I want to give him one more chance, I really like him and can see a talent there. Some of his goals were genius, but he was a big let down for whatever reason. Personally I think because of berbatov.

I got annoyed because forever fulham said fulham need ruiz, fulham dont need anyone. Thats what was the trouble in the first place, berbatov in his mind believed fulham needed him and it destroyed any team ethic we had. Ruiz has done nothing to warrant the tag of a NEED player. Thats where my issue was,  come on bryan you owe us now. You had your precious world cup which you had a lovely loan move to prepare for whilst the rest of us suffered. Now repay us!

Craven mad do you know the assists for marlet and aj? Im trying to work out who was the worst. Fees are all similar and at the minute I believe its aj.

For all competitions whilst playing for Fulham (again, all according to Transfermarkt):

AJ got 27 goals and 18 assists in 112 games (8,027 mins of a possible 10,080) [45 total "goal-contributions"; 1 per 178 mins].

Marlet got 12 goals and 1 assist in 58 games (4,599 mins of a possible 5,200) [13 total "goal-contributions"; 1 per 354 mins].

Compared to Ruiz, who is more of a midfielder, with a total of 32 "goal-contributions"; 1 per 188 mins.

the nutflush

You and I are talking past each other.   And I'm not trying to antagonize you.    You are fixated on my use of the word "needs".  So let me put it another way.  Most of the quality players with EPL experience (or even Championship experience) are gone.  The new broom is sweeping.   You can take a big chance relying heavily on the promise of youth.  But you need players who have proven their quality on the big stage, against the best.  Not in U-21 tournaments.  Ruiz is one of those players.  He was handicapped by Jol's lack of managerial skill, by the lack of commitment of players around him, by the lack of skill of players around him in key positions on the pitch last season.  If you are going to sell him, you better have someone to replace what he can bring to the team.  And since that doesn't seem likely at this late stage, we need Bryan Ruiz. 

:plus one: X 1000.  Hes not in the lineup today.  He won't stay.  If Magath had convinced him to stay he would be putting him in the team for a run before our first match of the season.  Hes not injured because he supposedly ran up a mountain. 

RaySmith

Quote from: the nutflush on August 02, 2014, 01:33:26 PM

:plus one: X 1000.  Hes not in the lineup today.  He won't stay.  If Magath had convinced him to stay he would be putting him in the team for a run before our first match of the season.  Hes not injured because he supposedly ran up a mountain. 

But why take him to Austria?

If no decent offers come in, then presumably he will stay.

Felix must rate him to have him training with the squad, but what role would he play?

But it seems surprising if he stays - more so to me than Mitro -but maybe he will.

nose

Quote from: RaySmith on August 02, 2014, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on August 02, 2014, 01:33:26 PM

But why take him to Austria?

If no decent offers come in, then presumably he will stay.

Felix must rate him to have him training with the squad, but what role would he play?

But it seems surprising if he stays - more so to me than Mitro -but maybe he will.

everyone should know that i do not rate ruiz but i think felix will have had to take him to austria to make sure he is fit, and saleable.
it may be after the world cup he doesn't want to play him yet.

i do not think it odd ruiz is in austria, but i do think there are no offers for him because i feel sure we would have cashed in ASAP.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ray as Ruiz' pre-season started after the other he will not be at the same level (?) as the others
I remember reading how Felix puts great store on the correct building of fitness in pre-season,  it reduces injuries and such  

Milo

Pretty sure this is a farewell picture. I think we are all misinterpreting his use of the phrase "what's best for my future". That says to me that he has had to make the hard decision to ultimately leave Fulham.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 02, 2014, 01:18:00 PM

I got annoyed because forever fulham said fulham need ruiz, fulham dont need anyone. Thats what was the trouble in the first place, berbatov in his mind believed fulham needed him and it destroyed any team ethic we had. Ruiz has done nothing to warrant the tag of a NEED player. Thats where my issue was,  come on bryan you owe us now. You had your precious world cup which you had a lovely loan move to prepare for whilst the rest of us suffered. Now repay us!

For all competitions whilst playing for Fulham (again, all according to Transfermarkt):

AJ got 27 goals and 18 assists in 112 games (8,027 mins of a possible 10,080) [45 total "goal-contributions"; 1 per 178 mins].

Marlet got 12 goals and 1 assist in 58 games (4,599 mins of a possible 5,200) [13 total "goal-contributions"; 1 per 354 mins].

Compared to Ruiz, who is more of a midfielder, with a total of 32 "goal-contributions"; 1 per 188 mins.

Marlet scored 19 goals according to soccer base but 1 assist is awful. If ruiz got 32 goal contributions and scored 8goals that means he assisted 24? Seems alot and im suprised at that.

Even if you add on the extra goals to marlet, his per minute record would still be worse which says alot.

Im disappointed, I thought these stats would prove aj was worse than marlet cos thats how I remember them.

Thanks for looking this up, good effort

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Craven Mad

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 02, 2014, 03:25:11 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on August 02, 2014, 01:18:00 PM

I got annoyed because forever fulham said fulham need ruiz, fulham dont need anyone. Thats what was the trouble in the first place, berbatov in his mind believed fulham needed him and it destroyed any team ethic we had. Ruiz has done nothing to warrant the tag of a NEED player. Thats where my issue was,  come on bryan you owe us now. You had your precious world cup which you had a lovely loan move to prepare for whilst the rest of us suffered. Now repay us!

Marlet scored 19 goals according to soccer base but 1 assist is awful. If ruiz got 32 goal contributions and scored 8goals that means he assisted 24? Seems alot and im suprised at that.

Even if you add on the extra goals to marlet, his per minute record would still be worse which says alot.

Im disappointed, I thought these stats would prove aj was worse than marlet cos thats how I remember them.

Thanks for looking this up, good effort

As I said, all info is gathered from Transfermarkt. It's a good website but I certainly wouldn't claim it to be infallible!

Ruiz got a total of 9 goals and 23 assists which - from midfield - is pretty decent. It's why I think he could still be useful for us..

As you say, even if Marlet did get 19 goals, that'd put his contributions (using the minutes/assist data from transfermarkt) to just 1 per 230 minutes - which is still pretty rubbish! Sorry it didn't match what you hoped!

Interesting, nonetheless.