https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I need to get something off my chest

Started by JDH101, August 01, 2014, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: Admin on August 01, 2014, 11:59:28 PM
Quote from: General on August 01, 2014, 11:55:05 PM
Simply put I think you are wrong and I will get a warm happy feeling inside when he proves you wrong and me right, knowing that you will be celebrating the skill and potential I think he has shown and will continue to show.

It might be worth you quoting who ever you're aiming this at. Otherwise, it's a complete guessing game.

I thought if you don't quote someone then it is a general message or post based at the initial post or the post before. This is aimed at the initial poster.

JDH101

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 02, 2014, 01:08:20 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree. He does not excel at anything, but he is very good at most of the skills that make a good centre forward. He has been likened to Sheringham in the past and I can see that. I think he will develop into every bodies favourite 'second' centre forward. I think his strengths are setting up his partner, his intelligent passes and his clinical finishing.

I hope you are bloody right and I am 100% wrong. I really do. And btw - I'm excited we are looking as though we are finally giving youngsters a chance. For the last decade that hasn't been the case. But as the OP, I'm not sure he will make it at the top level, but I truly hope I am wrong.

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ChesterTheTabby

I love all of you on this forum. This post needed some love. We will finish a minimum of 5th this season, but gaining promotion through the playoffs or straight up winning the league, regardless of who scores for us. In Felix, We Trust. The Whites, We Love.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deanothefulhamfan

For the record I was the person who gave the bet with Admin, but it was 15 league goals or more. Admin you sneaky fox, trying to get another 5 goals ;)

The reason I had this bet is I am of the complete opposite view of our OP, I rate Woodrow extremely highly, and really believe he can deliver at this level. His movement, presence in the air, creativity and  his natural finishing ability make him a very dangerous prospect. The biggest worry I have is Woodrow being given a chance. If he gets his chance I fully expect him to shine.

Woolly Mammoth

Cauley Woodrow is a breath of fresh air, a tireless worker who will run him send into the ground. He will be an importent fixture for Fulham during a hard and gruelling season, he is the kind of player you need in the Championship, he is an England u21 international, and the best is yet to come, he holds the ball up better than any other forward at the club, his first touch is good and he defends from the front, he is good for Fulham,  compare him to Kostasalot who appears to be a complete flop, and Hugo who appears to want to leave and will not get any better,  give me Cauley Woodrow anytime.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SouthfieldWhite

Some posts recently do make me laugh.

I respect every ones opinion but people are making comments on players after having watched them play live how many times????

But the thing that annoys me is people saying the club should be giving the youth a chance, and as soon as they do, we are having a pop at them.

Who knows if he will make a top player, or any of our youngsters for that matter but let's give them a chance first.

I've watched Cauleys progression from the start and the progress he has made is unbelievable, if he keeps on improving in the next couple of years like he has in the last couple, then he will be a very good player

b+w geezer

Quote from: JDH101 on August 01, 2014, 11:14:38 PM
I think he will be a mid table team championship player for his entire career.
Early days, but I think it's unlikely he'll amount to less than that, as he has enough technique, coupled with enough about him physically and attitudinally, coupled with really good awareness. The last part is what has the potential to possibly take him higher, we'll have to see. The Fulham comparison at this stage for me (and not just me) is Dean Coney, who made it into the top division and then injury cut him short. He wasn't scoring enough so probably would have sunk down again, but we'll never know.
....I don't see anything special about him.
It's clear what you mean, but taking a wider view, what you say there doesn't match up to the first bit of your pronouncement. Out of all the young players out there, who inch their way up the age groups, most of them falling by the wayside, it's an absolutely minute percentage who end up having a Championship level career. By any rational standards they are special -- just not that bit super-special enough.

Having said that, I haven't personally spotted anything at this stage to rule him out. After seeing him in about 20 games maybe I will.

Craven Mad

Cauley is still only 19 and already the best link-man we have, by far. He and Ross should be starting for us this year; the pair of them would tear the league apart.

So much respect for his workrate, reading of the game, and ability to control the pace of an attack to draw in our midfielders - which will be invaluable when Roberts, Williams and David are in the team.

Sort of player I want at the club for a long time.

Pie and mash

MasterHaynes

I will be surprised if we can't keep him past his current contract as he is destined for premiership. He is a very clever player, I have always likened him to Sherringham who had many detractors and was viewed as less a player than Cascarino and who had the better career and ended up with most medals?

epsomraver

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 02, 2014, 07:00:11 AM
Some posts recently do make me laugh.

I respect every ones opinion but people are making comments on players after having watched them play live how many times????

But the thing that annoys me is people saying the club should be giving the youth a chance, and as soon as they do, we are having a pop at them.

Who knows if he will make a top player, or any of our youngsters for that matter but let's give them a chance first.

I've watched Cauleys progression from the start and the progress he has made is unbelievable, if he keeps on improving in the next couple of years like he has in the last couple, then he will be a very good player

At last a sensible post !!! :plus one: :plus one:

Delboy

Far too early to write Wooders off. From what I've seen of him he has great technical abilities, sees all aspects of the game well and can finish, what more does a young player need to make his way in the game. Time will tell but I believe he has a great career in front of him, hopefully at Fulham. COYW

Putney

Too early to make *any* sort of judgement. Let's see how he does this season playing regular football at a competitive level.

RaySmith

He did very well last season, and seems to be progressing well.

I forecast great things for the lad, and that he will be important for us next season.

jarv

I have only seen a little of him but his style reminds me of John Mitchell. (excellent player for Fulham, his only club I believe).

Craven Mad

Anyone read anything into his celebration (or lack thereof) after scoring today?

As an aside, I thought he did fairly well today; looked lively.

The Old Count

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 02, 2014, 04:05:49 PM
Anyone read anything into his celebration (or lack thereof) after scoring today?

Lack of celebration?
Yeh! He read this thread and didn't like being slagged off and written off by his own so called supporters

SKSW6

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 02, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

Nah, it's a typical pre-season celebration to just turn round, hi-five a few players and walk back to your own half.

Black, White and Fred

Haven't seen him not score from a decent opportunity, and he will no doubt improve. He just needs better service.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996