watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In a bland and uneventful game.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 02, 2014, 02:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

...Woodrow and Williams linked up well! Woodrow buried the opportunity and Williams showed some real drive to get into a position for the assist!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

terryr

Quote from: maoconnor on August 02, 2014, 02:50:52 PM
...Woodrow and Williams linked up well! Woodrow buried the opportunity and Williams showed some real drive to get into a position for the assist!
Another clean sheet though...that's 5 so far. I think that's more than all of last season.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: TerryR on August 02, 2014, 02:53:27 PM
Another clean sheet though...that's 5 so far. I think that's more than all of last season.

Absolutely! If you keep clean sheets - you'll never lose a game! I sincerely cannot decide who will be our starters next weekend...If I had to choose from what I have seen in the preseason games (defense only) - Voser/Hoogland, Hutchinson, Burgess, Stafyilidis.

hovewhite

Defence wise seem more together than the last couple of seasons.

MasterHaynes

Still seem to lose our way in midfield once we got to the halfway line, often no one free and passing the ball to the player under pressure only saw them breaking. We still exhibited some of the same failings in the centre of defence when they broke quickly running straight onto our back 4, fortunate with the tight offside decision. I don't thin you can rely on the keeper to save a penalty to keep a clean sheet in most games. I will feel better when I see our first team play together for the first time to make a judgement.
At 60 mins I switched and watched the Derby v G.Rangers game for 5 minutes. Derby looked very good, playing Rangers off the park, They went on to win 2-0

Lighthouse

Bland and uneventful? A Saved penalty, a good goal ruled out for offside for them, a lot of nasty tackled by them, three booking for them, a nice goal set up by Rodders touch to Williams, a nice run and pass.

Not that bland or uneventful.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 02, 2014, 03:19:33 PM
Still seem to lose our way in midfield once we got to the halfway line, often no one free and passing the ball to the player under pressure only saw them breaking. We still exhibited some of the same failings in the centre of defence when they broke quickly running straight onto our back 4, fortunate with the tight offside decision. I don't thin you can rely on the keeper to save a penalty to keep a clean sheet in most games. I will feel better when I see our first team play together for the first time to make a judgement.
At 60 mins I switched and watched the Derby v G.Rangers game for 5 minutes. Derby looked very good, playing Rangers off the park, They went on to win 2-0

That is worrying...but we also know that Derby are a very skillful side. One of the best in the Championship and deserved to go up instead of the HA HA's in overall seasonal play.

PeterFFC

Didn't get to see the game, was it Ryan Williams or George Williams?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: PeterFFC on August 02, 2014, 03:39:24 PM

Both - Geo came on late on 65 mins or so I think and made the goal.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woodlawn

:016:We learnt nothing by today's game, only how good we are at passing backwards and sideways
On that display we  are going to need all of the players who didn't play today.

aaronmcguigan

Can anything be read into making the academy goalkeeper our captain or was that just name out of a hat/ testing leadership qualities?

MasterHaynes

Quote from: PeterFFC on August 02, 2014, 03:39:24 PM

Most definitely George(Blond hair and no goatie), typical direct run at the defence and quick lay off

Max Headroom

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 02, 2014, 05:04:35 PM
I thought Mitroglou was hopeless.

Really hope he proves us all wrong, but we are better suited for two forwards that are energetic and run together, rather than a big layoff man and Woodrow working his socks off all around him. Season hasn't started yet, so all the players are level for me until next weekend when it all starts to count.

cmg

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on August 02, 2014, 04:28:30 PM
Can anything be read into making the academy goalkeeper our captain or was that just name out of a hat/ testing leadership qualities?

Odd that, wasn't it? Joronen has been regular captain of Finland u21, but Bettinelli seemed a strange choice - it wasn't even his birthday!

Neither Bettinelli nor Joronen have exactly been 'academy' keepers for some years now being 22 and 21 respectively.
Rodak has been the u18 keeper but he has just been given a squad number as he will be needed as no.3 unless/until we get hold of more experienced keepers. Magnus Norman is the other u18 keeper, but I don't know what else we've got. Ashby-Hammond is on tour with England u17, but he's only 15.
The goalkeeping situation is decidedly odd at present.

PokerMatt

I think it's clear that Magath is using the actual matches to test new/unsure of/not played together players,  while is trusting the training to get them fit enough.

I suspect that we'll see a very different lineup against Ipswich.
Follow me: @mattdjourno