watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many games do you go to a season?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 02, 2014, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Im a season ticket holder and have been for 15 years, you never needed one before then. Ive only missed 5 home games in those 15 years too, the 4 or 5 years before that I was young and went to about 15 a season.

The reason I ask is because ive got to know all the regulars on here now by name and it would be nice to know who the regulars are at the cottage.

That doesnt mean I will think any less of you if you dont go, football is expensive and im very lucky that at 26years old my mum and dad help me to pay for it as they insist we need to keep going. Otherwise with a mortgage and two kids it i wouldnt be going either. Maybe you live too far or abroad to make games. So I wont think less of your opinion, its just for my own personal curiosity.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

For whatever reason recently I probably miss one home game a season and last few years only made a handful of away games.
Plan to do more away games as it will be cheaper. Hope to make all home games but as I said will probably miss at least one.

Edit.. Been going since Sept 1978 and at a guess in 36 years have missed maybe 15-20 home games.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2014, 03:51:01 PM
For whatever reason I probably miss one home game a season and last few years only made a handful of away games.
Plan to do more away games as it will be cheaper. Hope to make all home games but as I said will probably miss at least one.

Same as me, until my first daughter was born I had 100 percent home record including intertoto cup etc but having kids and settling down means I have missed the 5 games I said for one reason or another. I have always made about 5 away games a season

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I've lived in Hong Kong for the last 12 years but I get over for approx 10 to 12 per season.

If I lived back in the uk I'd got to all of them!

Twig

Until we left the UK for Dubai we were season ticket holders so, most home games plus 2 or 3 away When we return next year very much looking forward to renewing our season tickets and back to the Cottage.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

On the internet or TV, all of them !
Except the ones in Jacksonville   092.gif
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

I'm a Season Ticket holder and get to all home games last season I missed two games through illness and half of the fist game of the season. I was in a huge cue for the ticket office in torrential rain with a lot of others who had glitches with their own Season Tickets. Watched the rest of the game soaked through I also attend a few away games as well.
What I don't understand are the people who always get to the matches 10 mins late, Go for a beer and a wee 10 mins before Half time and then leave 10 minutes early. What's that all about?

tommy

I've been going for about 20 years. Has a season ticket for one season but only managed to get to 10 of the games so didn't buy one again. I probably get to 4 or 5 games a season in total. I just don't have time to go more then that however much I'd like to. I don't think I have the will power most of you guys do to get to every game.

Thamesbank

Season ticket holder and seldom missed a home game since early 70s, was an away ticket holder for a number of years as well but dodgy finances have put paid to that, but still get to 8-10 away I guess.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Andy S on August 02, 2014, 06:27:43 PM
I'm a Season Ticket holder and get to all home games last season I missed two games through illness and half of the fist game of the season. I was in a huge cue for the ticket office in torrential rain with a lot of others who had glitches with their own Season Tickets. Watched the rest of the game soaked through I also attend a few away games as well.
What I don't understand are the people who always get to the matches 10 mins late, Go for a beer and a wee 10 mins before Half time and then leave 10 minutes early. What's that all about?

Haha yh I find that so annoying. Theres 2 guys where we sit, they are always 10mins late at least, then they go down 5 mins before half time, come up 5mins late again and sometimes leave in around the 85th minute. So not including injury time, they only see 65mins out of 90mins practically every home game. Whats the point in going?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Where abouts do people sit? Im Block DL in the johnny haynes stand. Two rows in front of the little wall that seperates the old enclosure and the wooden seats above

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

SouthfieldWhite

Another season ticket holder here and missed 2 home games in las 15 years and about 6 in the last20 odd years

Was an away season ticket holder in the past, but like most, the one thing that stops me going away as much as I did, is the cost.

When you're single its a lot easier but with a wife and 3 kids, it seems to get harder every year

shnlwswlkr

NOT ENOUGH! I have been living in Brighton last 8 years so got to a few each season, now I am living back in London I'm planning to go to more, was gonna do a season ticket, but literally none of my mates support Fulham. So this is an advertisement for someone to befriend me! 26 years old, I can be funny sometimes and I can hold my drink...? Anyone?!?
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Berserker

Missed about 4 home matches last season and went to quite a few away matches
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 02, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
Another season ticket holder here and missed 2 home games in las 15 years and about 6 in the last20 odd years

Was an away season ticket holder in the past, but like most, the one thing that stops me going away as much as I did, is the cost.

When you're single its a lot easier but with a wife and 3 kids, it seems to get harder every year

Great effort,  I find since having kids its sometimes tricky to arrange things around games, gonna miss blackburn and middlesbrough this year, the latter is my wedding day. Atleast theres still 21 home games for.me and thats more than last year anyway.

Hong kong fulham fan, 12 games a season??? Thats incredible, well played sir.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

King_Crud

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 02, 2014, 07:11:32 PM
Quote from: Andy S on August 02, 2014, 06:27:43 PM

Haha yh I find that so annoying. Theres 2 guys where we sit, they are always 10mins late at least, then they go down 5 mins before half time, come up 5mins late again and sometimes leave in around the 85th minute. So not including injury time, they only see 65mins out of 90mins practically every home game. Whats the point in going?

bloke sits in front of me rarely turns up, I thought he couldn't make it. I then go for a beer at half time and he's always at the bar. So he turns up but watches the game on tv at the Riverside bar. Baffling.

I have a season ticket but cricket takes priority, so i rarely attend any matches until after September and before May

leonffc

I gave up my ST the season after our euro final because my son changed from playing Saturdays to Sundays and I would have missed nearly every game as we were in Europe again. I still went about 10 games a season plus a few aways until last year when I couldn't stomach any more of Jols dross. I did a couple of aways and then attended most if the final games (once Jol had gone) thinking we were going to escape again.
The season ticket is back this year and me and my son can't wait to get to Ipswich next week!!

FFC1999

Last year in all competitions I did 18 home games and 18 aways.