watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports News Feature - Eisfeld, Voser, Hoogland and Briggs interviews

Started by FulhamElite, August 05, 2014, 11:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamElite

Did anyone cat today's feature on Fulham by Sky Sports News? They interviewed Hoogland, Eisfeld and Voser, who all stated their content with being at Fulham. They then contrasted that an interview with Matthew Briggs who said Magath's training methods made the players tired, which was one of the reason's the Club got relegated. "All we would do all week was run. Even after match days we'd be back in running". Interesting comments, I thought.

Lighthouse

The problem with Briggs is that he was never a part of any Felix Squads. Or much a part of any Fulham manager's squads. So his moaning about extra training just doesn't come over that well. Also the squad last year were always having trouble lasting more than 70 minutes. So extra training probably did send the old men over the edge.

We just don't know what will happen this year and if the fitness will show. But Felix has brought in players and they seem to want to support him. It is a season of wait and see and hope. However I am tired of the comments of some of the players that have left. These millionaires didn't like extra training. Well who would have thought?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Briggs' comments came across as VERY bitter -"he made us run, we didn't like running cos it made us tired, we preferred it when we were knackered at the end of games without having to try and improve that in training".

As for him saying Holloway is a better manager than Magath, lol.

AUSFFC

Im sick of hearing these comments come from these players also, how can you complain about a coach trying to make you fit? and then blame too much running for being relegated? sounds stupid to me

I all these young players come out fit as ever this year just to prove them wrong ah
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

RidgeRider

this is probably why Briggs was released and has not made the leap yet

ChesterTheTabby

Briggs sounds like a.bitter, quitter. Glad he is gone if this how he feels about extra training when his only job in life is to be an athlete...
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MasterHaynes

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 06, 2014, 12:06:52 AM
-"he made us run, we didn't like running cos it made us tired, we preferred it when we were knackered at the end of games without having to try and improve that in training".
Sums it up really, reflects what I thought of his performances, can't engage his brain and think. Stating they were knackered att the end of the game is exactly the point why the training.  I would say we were knackered after 40 minutes hence why we let in more goals in the last 5 minutes of both halves than any other team in the football leagues. Doesn't take a genius to make 1+1 =2

MrProphet

Not sure that numpty can really comment as he spent most of the season injured and therefore unable to run....

JBH

Quote from: MrProphet on August 06, 2014, 06:44:54 AM
Not sure that numpty can really comment as he spent most of the season injured and therefore unable to run....

He is a spanner who was always unfit / injured so there is really no creedance in his coments its just SKY SPORTS trying to sensationalise something yet again  :doh:

RaySmith

Well, we should be fit going into the season, after a whole pre-season under Felix's much publicised training regime.

You would expect the young players and newbies to embrace it as a positive, rather than complaining.

Burt

I am just looking forward to a team that will hopefully now be fit and resilient enough to last the whole match, rather than fade with 10 minutes still on the clock.

Riverside

Quote from: Burt on August 06, 2014, 07:35:18 AM
I am just looking forward to a team that will hopefully now be fit and resilient enough to last the whole match, rather than fade with 10 minutes still on the clock.

:plus one:

Roberty

From what I saw last season it must have been evident to everyone than they didn't know much about running.

If they were tired they must having it far too easy before Felix arrived or more likely they were all over-the-hill, which is probably why we have so many fresh young faces this season.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Frank

This is from an interview with Andrea Barzagli (won the world cup 2006 with Italy) in 2012 (three years after he played under Felix):
"As a manager I would work differently. He (Felix) showed me how importent it is to train every day with full power. I wasn't used to this in Italy. Today I still work this way and I thank Magath for this."
(http://www.goal.com/de/news/843/serie-a/2012/04/19/3046326/ex-wolfsburger-andrea-barzagli-magath-h%C3%A4tte-gro%C3%9Fes-aufbauen)

jelmo

Not sure why Briggs was tired. He couldn't even make the team so surely he should have welcomed the post game runs???