watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Eating Badly

Started by Berserker, August 07, 2014, 11:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Generally I'm quite a healthy eater but felt a bit depressed this evening, so ate a packet of Walkers crinkly crisps, 4 Tunnocks caramel wafers and half a pint of fresh orange juice for dinner.

Felt a bit embarreshed about it so hid the empty wrappers before Mr B came home from work.

Do other people have unhealthy binges instead of dinner, if so what sort of things are their weakness.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FPT

Twix chocolate bars. I just have to see one to be tempted instantly, if I'm under the weather, I can go through 3/4 two finger packets within the period of time.

Andy S

Anything with chocolate on it. I'm diabetic now!

mungos beans

. I miss breakfast every day and have something at 9.30 its usually a bag of crisps a pork and pickle pie and a baby bell very unheathly

H4usuallysitting

You have Tunnocks, that is standard food for my fishing trips along with about 1/2 dozen rolls..........tonight I had Tuna salad, got to get fit for the new season

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on August 07, 2014, 11:08:36 PM
Generally I'm quite a healthy eater but felt a bit depressed this evening, so ate a packet of Walkers crinkly crisps, 4 Tunnocks caramel wafers and half a pint of fresh orange juice for dinner.

Felt a bit embarreshed about it so hid the empty wrappers before Mr B came home from work.

Do other people have unhealthy binges instead of dinner, if so what sort of things are their weakness.

Step away from the  juice Honey  !!! It's  Diabetes in a carton

You are letting  that hound in work get to you .............................. comfort eating ???

Quote from: FPT on August 07, 2014, 11:14:22 PM
Twix chocolate bars. I just have to see one to be tempted instantly, if I'm under the weather, I can go through 3/4 two finger packets within the period of time.
Not a twix for me   however, A Lion Bar  is the most complete snack  !!!

Lighthouse

Toast cheese sandwiches. Or if things are really bad, Toast cheese and spam sandwiches and a packet of crisps. I clearly need salt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on August 07, 2014, 11:08:36 PM

That's a Tunnocks OD scenario so change of plan for Millwall. Milky Bars it is then.

......................................... marmite crisps.

YankeeJim

I was watching a match a few years ago and at half time ran out and got a quart of ice cream. The match was starting so I grabbed a spoon, figuring I'd have a bit and than put the remainder in the freezer. I was alone so no would would have been the wiser. One thing led to another and pretty soon the spoon was scraping on the bottom of the container. I thought I'd just toss it in the bin, cover it up and no one would be the wiser. The match was exciting & I got involved. Sure enough, the missus came home and the empty quart was sitting on the side table. I still haven't heard the end of it. You gals just never forget.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ron

Remember that bit of fridge magnet wisdom; "Fridge pickers wear bigger knickers"....now, where's the next can of 'Pride? ...my glass is empty....

jarv

Generally speaking I eat healthy. My weakness is cheese (wine and beer). Howver, when I come home to UK for my visits it is fish and chips, fresh cream cakes, chocolate biscuits, deep fried haggis (in Scotland), sausage rolls, custard tarts. (that's all that I can think of). Luckily, I only stick around for 2 - 3 weeks.

NogoodBoyo

I stumble from one minor addiction to another. 
It starts with Earl Grey tea at sparrows, porridge after walking dogs and checking sheep early, followed by a second breakfast at about 10:30 consisting of toast and Dundee marmalade with a large mug of freshly ground beans from Ethiopian Shade Tree Grown Coffee...it's from underneath the only tree in Ethiopia.  I honestly believe toast and proper Scottish marmalade is one of the finest meals on this earth.
That sees me past luncheon (a boring meal) into tea (another forgettable meal) into the highlights of a swimming pool sized Gin & Tonic afore dinner - a fine meal in the Boyo household.  For twenty years the choice of tipple was Tanqueray but they are 100% GMO so I'm trying some of these boutique gins from Scotland, Brooklyn and other such obscure places.  I don't like Weed-killer in my poison.
The key is to go American with this unhealthy addiction.  Big glass, lashings of ice, tons of gin , a large slice of fresh lime and just a splash of tonic.  The rest of the bottle goes flat as a witch's thruppenies by the next evening, but it's worth it.
On weekends I supplement this with red wine, preferably Burgundy.
Nogood "keeps it all in perspexive, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

By the way, tonight was a liver rest day.  Dry as dust.
Nogood "as tedious as a wood-boring insect that, isit" Boyo

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ohhh...Ahhhhhh Boyo's   a Gin and Tonic man
Lidl  a cheap scate German supermarket ( achieved what Hitler never did,  Conquered the British)
sell a pleasent enough Hampstead Gin for £8.00  sooooooooooooooo cheap :)
However, today was my day for Costco so it's  Bombay Sapphire, unwaxed lemons and Schweppes original Tonic ( none of that low -cal stuff) 

Scrumpy

Quote from: KCat on August 08, 2014, 08:32:31 PM
Ohhh...Ahhhhhh Boyo's   a Gin and Tonic man
Lidl  a cheap scate German supermarket ( achieved what Hitler never did,  Conquered the British)
sell a pleasent enough Hampstead Gin for £8.00  sooooooooooooooo cheap :)
However, today was my day for Costco so it's  Bombay Sapphire, unwaxed lemons and Schweppes original Tonic ( none of that low -cal stuff) 

I too am seriously addicted to Gin! Gin and Lemonade or G&T. The reason I know I'm an addict rather than a connoisseur is because I buy Sainsbury's 'value' gin so I can buy twice as much  fp.gif.

Oh well, chin chin!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jarv

Gin and lemonade.... as in r whites lemonade??? eeeeeek!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 08, 2014, 08:59:52 PM
Quote from: KCat on August 08, 2014, 08:32:31 PM
Ohhh...Ahhhhhh Boyo's   a Gin and Tonic man
Lidl  a cheap scate German supermarket ( achieved what Hitler never did,  Conquered the British)
sell a pleasent enough Hampstead Gin for £8.00  sooooooooooooooo cheap :)
However, today was my day for Costco so it's  Bombay Sapphire, unwaxed lemons and Schweppes original Tonic ( none of that low -cal stuff)  

I too am seriously addicted to Gin! Gin and Lemonade or G&T. The reason I know I'm an addict rather than a connoisseur is because I buy Sainsbury's 'value' gin so I can buy twice as much  fp.gif.

Oh well, chin chin!

I am going to Montenegro, first two weeks of  September    so it will be wall to wall Tanqueray
sooooooooooooooo cheap  oh and Tia Maria chasers

Soooooooooooooo  Mrs B that little blip is nothing !!

Burt

I am not a big eater and the meals I do eat are generally healthy... My vices are biscuits and ice cream, once I have started its hard to stop!

Snibbo

Ah yes. Gin and Tonic. A wonder drink. The foundation of the British Empire.

blingo

Hendersons and Schweppes Tonic all the way for blingo. On the wine front, it really depends on what I am eating, I like Guinness but am not really a beer drinker.
Bling......considering which of the two gets into the bigger state, NY or NGB lol ohhhhhhhhh. :wine: :wine: :kettle pot: :dft011: