more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maarten Stekelenburg

Started by DeuceBigelow, August 08, 2014, 02:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 02:52:44 PM
They are putting him in shop window.... the sooner he is gone the better, worst goalkeeper to wear a fulham shirt for some time.....

Stekelenberg played for us in 19 Premier league matches. We won 3 and drew 2. We lost 14 matches and in two of them we lost 2-4 to Man City and 2-3 at home to Liverpool. In the remaining 12 defeats we scored a total of 6 goals which could not have been very inspiring for the 'worst goalkeeper to wear a Fulham shirt...'.
Against those odds, I'm not sure that any goalkeeper could have turned so many defeats into victories.
Anyway, good luck to whoever winds up as our 'keeper, let us hope he'll have more protection than last season's stopper.

epsomraver

Quote from: JBH on August 08, 2014, 04:25:19 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 03:53:06 PM
I want a replacement for Stockdale, just incase we need an experienced head.... But I am more than happy with the youngsters for this one off game, and potential future games
A hippo with three legs  could replace fat boy stockdale and still put in better performances
More rubbish from an ill informed poster, have you even seen stockdale in the flesh?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

We never took to Stekelenburg  and that's a fact

JHB  Have you been on the sauce ???? Stockdale did not deserve that comment you made,  he was a good Fulham lad,  a credit to himself and to us. Much like  Pascal Zuberbuhler, he got even less play than Stockdale, in particular during the Europa Campagne  he was always there supporting the team.       

The Cravenette

I assume JBH is on a wind up. Whether you think Stockers should have stayed or not ,(personally I was gutted) he pulled off some World class saves in his time with us IMHO

hovewhite

Stockers superb and top bloke!

callumc513

I must be the only one who thought that Stek and Stockers were both pretty decent last year considering the god-awful defence in front of them.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Stec    may be off to join Berbatov

...and we have the money to tempt Artur Boruc

Cripes !!!!!!!

Admin

Quote from: KCat on August 08, 2014, 10:14:03 PM
He may be off to join Berbatov

He wants to hurry up, because it's his wage allocation that's stopping us signing another keeper.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

It's a free transfer apparently

Dutch Football ‏@football_oranje  15m
Monaco are set to sign Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg on a free transfer from Fulham. (via @nicolas_vilas )

DeuceBigelow

Maarten to Monaco: That explains the club's tweet earlier about expecting him to go- it was imminent...
Riverside Block W

grandad

Not happy for him to go for free.Come on Mackintosh, surely you can get something for him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 02:52:44 PM
They are putting him in shop window.... the sooner he is gone the better, worst goalkeeper to wear a fulham shirt for some time.....

Agreed.
He has a terrible team spirit IMO.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

rusty shackleford

Stekelenburg has those eyes where you know you cant trust him

Me-ate-Live, innit??

we paid £4M a year ago .......................Monaco got Berb for nothing, you cannot blame them for coming back to the scene of the Jol -Crime

He does not want to be here .................. Go walk out the door  Stek !!!!

Skatzoffc

Quote from: JBH on August 08, 2014, 04:25:19 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 03:53:06 PM
I want a replacement for Stockdale, just incase we need an experienced head.... But I am more than happy with the youngsters for this one off game, and potential future games
A hippo with three legs  could replace fat boy stockdale and still put in better performances

Sorry JBH.
I thought this post was about Stek who will do anything but play for our club.
Don't start bitching about Stockers. He's gone already.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: callumc513 on August 08, 2014, 09:38:18 PM
I must be the only one who thought that Stek and Stockers were both pretty decent last year considering the god-awful defence in front of them.

I actually agree. It wasn't certainly down to them if we got relegated.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!