watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maarten Stekelenburg

Started by DeuceBigelow, August 08, 2014, 02:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeuceBigelow

Magath confirms that Maarten Stekelenburg wants to leave the Club, and he expects the Dutchman to do so #ffc #coyw

No surprises, but rather odd that the club tweeted it? Did it slip past the infamous positivity PR person?

Would we prefer Maarten to stay?
Riverside Block W

Deanothefulhamfan

They are putting him in shop window.... the sooner he is gone the better, worst goalkeeper to wear a fulham shirt for some time.....

Ordar

Magath on Stek: I'm not a manager who cares about players who don't identify with the club, who have no heart for the club.

Good riddance. Clearly has an attitude problem. Surely must be one of the most over rated goalkeepers in the world

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Ordar on August 08, 2014, 02:53:31 PM

Good riddance. Clearly has an attitude problem. Surely must be one of the most over rated goalkeepers in the world

+1

Me-ate-Live, innit??

DeuceBigelow

Riverside Block W

Sgt Fulham

Good. Every report of him that I read claimed that he seemed moody and distant, and it never really felt like he wanted to be here. Just hope we can replace him with an experienced keeper just in case the youth keepers aren't up to it.

Berserker

I still want a replacement
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Deanothefulhamfan

I want a replacement for Stockdale, just incase we need an experienced head.... But I am more than happy with the youngsters for this one off game, and potential future games

fulhamben

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 03:53:06 PM
I want a replacement for Stockdale, just incase we need an experienced head.... But I am more than happy with the youngsters for this one off game, and potential future games
I'll take ability over experience every time. Would we haver ever played Paul broooker, Luis bo steed and saha if all we was worried about was experience
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deanothefulhamfan

Oh no I am certainly one of the biggest posters on here pushing for youth, but I would like an expereinced head to help them if needed, and help us if it became too much too soon for our young keepers....I am in no way suggesting an expereinced head should come in and start

fulhamben

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 03:59:26 PM
Oh no I am certainly one of the biggest posters on here pushing for youth, but I would like an expereinced head to help them if needed, and help us if it became too much too soon for our young keepers....I am in no way suggesting an expereinced head should come in and start

fair enough, but for me, you either trust the youth and our manager or you don't. I do, especially when I've seen some real crap old keepers
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rusty shackleford

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 02:52:44 PM
They are putting him in shop window.... the sooner he is gone the better, worst goalkeeper to wear a fulham shirt for some time.....

Steady - we are trying to flog him off after all!

Talk him up & fool the potential buyers!

Deanothefulhamfan

I trust the youth, but if you think we can go into this season, without one experienced keeper and expect promotion, then we are very far apart in our opinions. I am a huge fan of Bettinelli fwiw

JBH

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 03:53:06 PM
A hippo with three legs  could replace fat boy stockdale and still put in better performances

Craven Mad

Deano, you're spot-on with everything you've said in this thread.

Youth tends to integrate best when they have a few experienced players around them to guide them.

Parker (as captain) will be chosen to guide the midfield. Ross - with his experience of the league - should guide the attack. Who's there to guide the defence? I thought Stock would've been that man, but evidently not. I certainly wouldn't trust Amore to do it...

I like both our young keepers, but think we could do with an option who knows the league (even if only to be a mentor to the other GKs).

Deanothefulhamfan

JBH you may not be a fan of Stockdale, but you are being very unfair imo.

He was our longest serving player before he left, he loved the club that we do, showed passion and pride wearing the shirt, left on amicable terms, and whether you like it or not is proven at this level. He might not be premier class ( although I think he was a perfectly good PL number 2) but he certainly doesn't warrant this constant abuse you dish out, at least vent your hatred to a player who didn't serve us as well as he did, or does nothing above mean nothing to you as a supporter.

I am not saying he deserved to start ahead of two promising youngsters, but would have been great to have around the squad to help them develop.

grandad

It´s asking a lot from our 2 young keepers to step into one of the most important seasons for a long time. They both certainly have ability but they lack experience & authority to control the back 4. I want them to do well but I would prefer us to bring in a more experienced keeper. Not necessarily to be No.1 but to give the lads the benefit of their experience.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 08, 2014, 04:54:35 PM
JBH you may not be a fan of Stockdale, but you are being very unfair imo.

He was our longest serving player before he left, he loved the club that we do, showed passion and pride wearing the shirt, left on amicable terms, and whether you like it or not is proven at this level. He might not be premier class ( although I think he was a perfectly good PL number 2) but he certainly doesn't warrant this constant abuse you dish out, at least vent your hatred to a player who didn't serve us as well as he did, or does nothing above mean nothing to you as a supporter.

I am not saying he deserved to start ahead of two promising youngsters, but would have been great to have around the squad to help them develop.

:plus one: