watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Magath criticism..merged

Started by Baszab, August 09, 2014, 06:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

How many players made their début today? How many players did Jol or Rene give debuts to? This is a rebuilding project after Al Fayed abandoned us and Jol was left with no talent and no idea and no real money. So I think we start counting games in charge from now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

I wasn't slagging him off just wondering what the records were. Blimey some people already stressed
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Quote from: westcliff white on August 09, 2014, 09:01:52 PM
I wasn't slagging him off just wondering what the records were. Blimey some people already stressed

Not really stressed just don't see the point of comparing until like for like. Besides like you I am too lazy to check last seasons results as they are too depressing. Last season I was stressed. This season I am light as a feather, as happy as a lamb. No amount of tish posh will change that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Baszab on August 09, 2014, 06:57:38 PM
As warned by all the senior players  from last year - Magath is clueless
Well watch another team then and leave the mighty Whites to those that appreciate what we do - simples!

Swiss72

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 09, 2014, 09:34:36 PM
Well watch another team then and leave the mighty Whites to those that appreciate what we do - simples!

+1

MJG

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 08:14:45 PM
Ok we will agree to disagree.... I think he was more seen as a CB clearing up the mess Hoogland and Hutchinson made.... When has Burgess ever played CDM????
Dean.. Burgess was clearly playing as the DM and one look at the average positions tell you that.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: maoconnor on August 09, 2014, 07:24:15 PM
Pathetic post in my humble opinion. Where do you get off slagging this guy after 1 game. Did you see the subs he made? All made a direct impact and by the end of the game were bossing the Tractor Boys around left and right. So much potential, just needs to be unlocked.

Your "humble" opinion!

Who, is "slagging" Magath off?

You need to check the facts

Magath hasn't just been in charge for one game

He has been in charge for months

He has overseen our relegation

He has had all summer to get rid of the dross & bring new players in

He is entirely responsible for the preparation of our Championship challenge

He can no longer lay blame on others - it's all down to him

He has achieved precisely nothing - as yet

As for bossing the tractor boys - we lost, end of

10 games will see exactly where Felix & our season is heading

Some positives but our start has been woeful & there is nothing wrong with criticising that

The youngsters (bless them) will have had a rude awakening today & will hopefully learn fast from it

McCarthy has the guile to get a result

Magath could learn from that as well

Lighthouse - I would have taken a fluke win today - & would every time!

God The Mechanic

We got a flukey win at the start of last season, see where that got us.  I'd be MUCH happier seeing some form of progression, and that's what I felt we saw today.  Progressive football, not 100% cohesive as it's early days for the season and the team, but there were absolute positives.  If you can't see anything positive form today's game then that's on you, not the team's performance.

Tony.Lee

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 10, 2014, 12:58:30 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on August 09, 2014, 07:24:15 PM
Pathetic post in my humble opinion. Where do you get off slagging this guy after 1 game. Did you see the subs he made? All made a direct impact and by the end of the game were bossing the Tractor Boys around left and right. So much potential, just needs to be unlocked.

Your "humble" opinion!

Who, is "slagging" Magath off?

You need to check the facts

Magath hasn't just been in charge for one game

He has been in charge for months

He has overseen our relegation

He has had all summer to get rid of the dross & bring new players in

He is entirely responsible for the preparation of our Championship challenge

He can no longer lay blame on others - it's all down to him

He has achieved precisely nothing - as yet

As for bossing the tractor boys - we lost, end of

10 games will see exactly where Felix & our season is heading

Some positives but our start has been woeful & there is nothing wrong with criticising that

The youngsters (bless them) will have had a rude awakening today & will hopefully learn fast from it

McCarthy has the guile to get a result

Magath could learn from that as well

Lighthouse - I would have taken a fluke win today - & would every time!

Relegation was looming before Magath took over, and the Championship is a league of its own. Weve lost 1 game not 15.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

jags24

I'm leery of how things are going.  Yes, it is only one game, but against Ipswich Town?  You have to defeat a team like that.  I don't know how bad it could become - relegation seems unlikely, but so does promotion.

Could it be that we went from a below-par prem league side last year to a below-par champ league side this year?  Time will tell.  Having possession is encouraging, but it needs to translate into victories.

AUSFFC

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 09, 2014, 09:43:07 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 09, 2014, 09:34:36 PM

+1

:plus one:
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

callumc513

Grow up. A lot of promising signs.

RaySmith

Quote from: jags24 on August 10, 2014, 01:55:22 AM
I'm leery of how things are going.  Yes, it is only one game, but against Ipswich Town?  You have to defeat a team like that.  I don't know how bad it could become - relegation seems unlikely, but so does promotion.

Could it be that we went from a below-par prem league side last year to a below-par champ league side this year?  Time will tell.  Having possession is encouraging, but it needs to translate into victories.

Ipswich are a good Championship side, full of aggression and commitment, ably managed by McCarthy.

It was a baptism of fire for our inexperienced team to play them, but our lads generally acquitted themselves very well, and they, and Felix, will learn from the experience.

It's a tough season ahead, but an exciting challenge -which I think we will rise to.

Twig

Quote from: jags24 on August 10, 2014, 01:55:22 AM

I said  same a couple of months ago and still fear that will be our fate.  Hope I am wrong.

CincyFulham1

The Tractor Boys at home are a tough team to beat, they only lost five matches at home last season. 

Burnley-promoted (2nd)
Leicester City-promoted(1st)
QPR-Promoted(Playoff winner)
Wigan-(playoffs)
Leeds-(15th)

And had six draws, so they won 35 times at home. Some of you need to put the crack pipe down.

Max Headroom

I cant believe what i am reading here. There were a couple of things i disagreed with magath over yesterday, but i am still very excited and we are so on the right track.

GloucesterWhite

I am not impressed by Felix or his CV - a one season wonder at best. BUT it is too early to write off this team. On yesterday's showing, plenty of talent but too lightweight. We were easily knocked off the ball, and it is a very physical division. Said days ago that the best we can hope for is a later run for a play-off place and I can still see that as a possibility. Think we still need new players to give us a stiffer backbone. Play Rodders and get one of our expensive strikers fit and we will start to win.

Neil D

Magath's emphasis on youth will pay dividends - eventually - but how long have we got?  The improved fitness levels are already paying dividends in that we were much more competitive in the last 15 than last season and might have got a point for it.  But, Magath doesn't have what might be called a nuanced managerial style.  Brutalist, neo-Stalinism might work as a short-term shock tactic but Magath needs to evolve a more subtle style of management -  more than just 'if you're not with me, you're against me.'

alfie

I am a bit lost for words after reading some of these posts, 1 competitive game with a completely new team, going 2 down and then fighting back to 2-1 with some fantastic youthful spirit, and guess what we are already relegation fodder, just amazes me sometimes. I just get the impression that some people just want to moan for the sake of it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nero

from watching the highlights on sky this morning, we didn't looked like we where out classed, more out muscled which can be easily be put right, Ipswich didn't seem to create a lot and basic errors seem to lead to their goals. Ive said before this league is full of very average players its not that hard to get out of you just need to fight to earn your right to play. We had a team with 8 debutants in most playing in this league for the first time I think they will learn very quickly.