more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ipswich fouls

Started by The Swan, August 09, 2014, 06:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callumc513

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 09, 2014, 10:52:20 PM
People complaining about the 'fouls' need to stop it. That was proper football out there, bone crunching tackles. Just wish we had someone who could dish it out as well as the other teams could

Well, no.
There was a lot of strong fouls coming from the Ipswich players, our lads didn't any protection from the ref whatsoever. Not enjoying the the mentality in the Championship so far.

Twig

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 09, 2014, 10:52:20 PM
People complaining about the 'fouls' need to stop it. That was proper football out there, bone crunching tackles. Just wish we had someone who could dish it out as well as the other teams could

Sorry but if that is your concept of "proper football" then perhaps I need to follow another sport, one where skill is the deciding factor.

Deanothefulhamfan

Ipswich did nothing wrong, they bullied a young side, they had experienced players and used them efficiently.... it happens in every single league right down to amatuer saturday and sunday league.

We simply need to be more physical ourselves, because  teams will use this tactic every week against us

Nero

Seems to me lovebite was built for the championship

Fulham76

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 10, 2014, 02:44:34 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on August 09, 2014, 08:13:12 PM
It's a physical league & we have to get used to it because the tough tackling isn't going away. Truth is, Ipswich controlled the game, especially 2nd half & deserved the 3 points. We passed it around nicely in the 1st half but created nothing. Generally referees get it right, so I won't be blaming the ref for us losing today, Ipswich fully deserved it

I don't agree we created nothing.
Had Dembele scored (which was e great save) would have led 1-0  and we were flying at that point.
One may have even been enough but we were so on top at that point it's possible
we may have got another one or two.
Also, had Dembele scored, which is the main reason he's on the pitch.
he would have been the Dogs b*****ks instead of all the crtitism.
he'sa not ready yet, he;s only young.
tell that to Hyndman and Roberts

The Dembele chance was a mistake from their keeper rather than us creating it. But, would have been a good time to score & things may have been a lot different had it gone in, at that point we were getting on top without actually threatening.
I suppose one positive is having the bulk of possession. It's an improvement on last season & will be difficult for teams to score against us if we've always got the ball.

dannyboi-ffc

Mick mccarthy's teams are a disgrace the way they are so physical. Remember his wolves side and karl henry? Having said that they were very organised and I think hes a good manager at this level but I hate the over physical approach.

A team shouldnt use injury threatening challenges to gain an advantage.  I was expecting a more physical league but I thought ipswich were a bit over the top and the ref was very lenient.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

VicHalomsLovechild

The skill level isn't going to be the same in this league and there are more teams who think they can get out of this league. Unlike teams who think they can win the Premiership. If we can get promoted out of the Championship with this youthful and skilful side, then they will do well. Ipswich worked hard, pressed and took their chances. We really didn't come alive till the closing minutes. My bet is they are pretty pi$$ed with themselves and won't let teams use size and strength to gain so much of an advantage again.