watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

People who express their opinions as Fact

Started by Peabody, August 10, 2014, 10:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This is my opinion. As I have said in a previous thread, I am really pleased that most on here seem positive about yesterday's game.

However, there are one or two who have lambasted our efforts yesterday and OK, they are entitled to their opinions but when they express those opinions as fact and cannot understand why the other opinions are being expressed so positively, particularly about the ability of Felix. Then I think this group should reassess their wordings and admit that what they are saying is just their opinions.

Baszab

FACT - it was disappointing to lose yesterday
FACT - we were too weak and were outmuscled in general
FACT - we are all going to be a lot more disappointed next week if we play attractive football (again) and lose 2-1 because Millwall were "too dirty" or " too physical"
IMHO - I find it strange that we are all so surprised that Ipswich were quite physical - surely FM would have had enough planning and warning about the physicality of the Championship ?
IMHO - The squad is unbalanced again as it was last year - although unbalanced towards promising youngsters rather than highly paid over the hill selfish players
FACT - My last FACT was about Mitro  -- that he was unsuited to English football - that was in February and it was a known FACT then

Kent Cassandra

Like you Peabody I am happy and agree with your comments.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Kent Cassandra

A fact needs verification and an opinion doesn't, please verify your facts.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Peabody

Quote from: Baszab on August 10, 2014, 10:46:00 AM
FACT - we are all going to be a lot more disappointed next week if we play attractive football (again) and lose 2-1 because Millwall were "too dirty" or " too physical"
IMHO - I find it strange that we are all so surprised that Ipswich were quite physical - surely FM would have had enough planning and warning about the physicality of the Championship ?
IMHO - The squad is unbalanced again as it was last year - although unbalanced towards promising youngsters rather than highly paid over the hill selfish players
FACT - My last FACT was about Mitro  -- that he was unsuited to English football - that was in February and it was a known FACT then

All of your "facts" are opinions and all you are doing is trying to browbeat people round to your way of thinking and to me that is bully boy tactics. Bet you could'nt wait for us to lose so you could climb on your bandwagon of FM out.

Swiss72

Quote from: Peabody on August 10, 2014, 11:16:06 AM

All of your "facts" are opinions and all you are doing is trying to browbeat people round to your way of thinking and to me that is bully boy tactics. Bet you could'nt wait for us to lose so you could climb on your bandwagon of FM out.

:plus one:

This is not a political tribune where you hammer "facts" to sway voters. This is a football board where people express opinions and try to debate.

Jamie88

lol, none of those are FACTS. Opinions.

Craven Mad

Agree with you, Peabody. Too many on this board don't realise the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Maybe I can help...

Definitions

Fact: a truth, as opposed to an interpretation.

Opinion: a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Applying these definions into a practical example...

Fact: Parker appeared as captain for Fulham, yesterday.

Opinion: Parker was the WORST player on the pitch, FACT!!!!

In summary

Baszab, you have yourself a list of opinions... Recognise that. Accept it. Move on.

Deanothefulhamfan

I hear what Peabody is saying, this forum is on average based upon 95% of opinion, and 5% facts.... I also think this is why we all come on here...to express our opinions, obviously our opinions will vary from time to time but to call them a fact when they are an opinion is a pretty strange way to try and gain an advantage in a debate.... I also don't agree with some fans blasting others for being optimistic or pessimistic, everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how different it may be from yours.

Fwiw I agree with most of Bazabs views but as pointed out they are not facts.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

A FACT for example is that Magath has been in charge for 6 months NOT 1 game

Baszab

Is there anyone here who would not accept that it is a FACT that we are/will be disappointed to lose ?
Irrespective of how well we played - we can all have positive views but the FACT is we lost - is there anyone who didn't think it was a FACT we were generally outmuscled ?!!!

mungos beans

When we beat millwall next week our season will push on from there.what an exciting team we have f.m just needs to inergrate mitro and a gk and cm and top five finish is where we will be.

Baszab

IMHO (but potential FACT) -->Mitro will never play for us again  090.gif

Peabody

Quote from: Baszab on August 10, 2014, 11:58:58 AM
Is there anyone here who would not accept that it is a FACT that we are/will be disappointed to lose ?
Irrespective of how well we played - we can all have positive views but the FACT is we lost - is there anyone who didn't think it was a FACT we were generally outmuscled ?!!!

Yes we were outmuscled and we lost, can't disagree with that and some of your opinions might well turn into fact but until they do, then they are opinions not fact.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: mungos beans on August 10, 2014, 12:01:50 PM
When we beat millwall next week our season will push on from there.what an exciting team we have f.m just needs to inergrate mitro and a gk and cm and top five finish is where we will be.

Agree to beating Millwall mungo
Any chance you could turn out & wrestle the Millwall steers for us (no offence intended to you or Blazing Saddles, great character, great film!)
I think they (Millwall) will be as physical as Ipswich
Oh - & add a leader ON the pitch as well please Felix!

grandad

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 10, 2014, 11:42:48 AM

Where there's a will there's a wife

PokerMatt

Quote from: Baszab on August 10, 2014, 12:05:38 PM
IMHO (but potential FACT) -->Mitro will never play for us again  090.gif
Didn't you say this as a fact near the end of last season the day before he made an appearance from the bench? Against stoke I believe.

If it wasn't you then I apologise, but someone did for sure.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Nick Bateman

Opinion:

Mousa Dembele was the WORST player on the pitch, missing two glorious chances, then blazing over when he should have put Cauley Woodrow through, failing to control a ball to him in the box (it actually rolled under his foot), and in the dying seconds heading out from a corner depriving two other Fulham players going for same ball.

Opinion:

Cauley Woodrow showed 'street nous' and savvy and even picked up the biased homer ref Steve "The Man With Two Brains" Martin when he failed to spot deliberate blocks and dangerous sliding tackles.  

Opinion:

Fulham should have played Woodrow and Rod Laver to start.  I felt Magath would have been fooled into believing Dembele was the main striker after his hat-trick V DC United, but he showed he is not ready even for a lower level league!

Opinion:

Fulham need to be better prepared for bruising encounters.  We are the rich southern-softies and even most of the refs will be against us.  I doubt if Magath even experienced this in the Bundesligue which is virtually non-contact.  When one gets rid of quality battlers like Steve Sidwell and strong personalities like Keiran Richardson, one needs leaders on the picth to replace them.  Sadly, Scott Parker is not giving his ALL yet as we saw with that first goal.

Opinion:

Goalkeeper played well I thought but beaten at the near post twice.  Can do better.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MJG

fact... We lost 2-1
Opinion... We could have got a draw

Artful Dodger

Quote from: grandad on August 10, 2014, 12:17:23 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on August 10, 2014, 11:42:48 AM

In my opinion, most of the facts that Baszab puts out there are facts. If 100% of people have the same interpretation, surely it becomes fact, so unless someone here wasn't disappointed we lost, then it is a fact we will be disappointed when we lose. Secondly, it is a fact and not an opinion that we were outmuscled given our forwards failed to hold the ball up for the whole match (with the exception of Woodrow near the end) so unless my eyes deceived me and our players were mysteriously falling over of their own accord, they were outmuscled so it must be a fact.

And I can tell you for a fact, I will be disappointed if we lose again, no matter how much pretty football we play in the middle of the park.

The case for the defence rests.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae