watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League shocker this year?

Started by K33NY, August 11, 2014, 01:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

I was just sitting watching a Norwegian program that counts down to PL starts, and each day they make an analysis and personal prediction about each team etc. They mention Southampton and theire firesale this summer, selling 12 players for around £100million and Pochettino leaving for Tottenham they COULD be a potensial shocker this year.

But they allso made a reminder, that no other club used more teenagers, no other club gave teenagers more playing time, no other clubs used more english players, no other clubs gave english players more play time, than Southampton did last season. And still they ended on 8th position! People shouldnt be scared we use to many teenagers in Fulham and rather think this is an amasing oppurtunity for us to establish a pacey, young team with youngsters WANTING to play 90 minutes every week, fighting for theire spots instead of aging men thinking more about the retirement money and being grumpy about hard training regime!

While still mentioning Southampton and the little shocker, it has though left the team with none of the stars that was there, and it should be a limit of how many are ready theire very first year stepping up from the academy to Premier League so fast IF they dont buy anyone soon, because those stars left may not like the situation and want to leave for bigger clubs as well.

And if they dont take points in theire first 8 matches wich is aganst lowe teams except Liverpool in the first, they will struggle.

I dont think they will go down though, but new manager, important players out, no significant players in, 1 week before start they might be in trouble this season.

But one of my points in this post was that we should be glad we have such a good academy as we have! :) I personally think Roberts, Hyndman, Burgess, David, Woodrow, and hopefully Burn will do really well! With McCormack on top, Parker as captain who hopefully will be a good one, Hoogland who was a great one yesterday, and tried to motivate the rest of the team, Stafylidis, this is such an interesting team and I cant wait to watch ALL the matches this season! :)

Deanothefulhamfan

They are certainly going to be in the mix,  but they still have some very good players though, and have just bought an incredible GK. i expect them to be safe with some decent loan signings etc at the end of the transfer window.

If we go up with all our youngsters, we could very well be the next southampton.... selling our biggest young stars for huge sums of money