watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

R.I.P Robin Williams!

Started by K33NY, August 12, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

I loved him as actor, what a fantastic actor and person he was, though he had trouble with the drugs and alcohol they all said he was a gentle and kind man, made many great films but was found dead tonight. :(

Rest in peace, will allways remember you for a wonderfull actor who made me smile so many times as kid watching your movies!

epsomraver

Quote from: K33NY on August 12, 2014, 12:12:36 AM
I loved him as actor, what a fantastic actor and person he was, though he had trouble with the drugs and alcohol they all said he was a gentle and kind man, made many great films but was found dead tonight. :(

Rest in peace, will allways remember you for a wonderfull actor who made me smile so many times as kid watching your movies!
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Blanco

I just watched the family guy episode he was in. Probably on because he died.

F(f)CUK

I come on to FoF web site for Fulham news, but it is amazing how many times I find out news that I had not heard through it. Deeply saddened, really enjoyed his anarchic humour.

Sgt Fulham

Oh damn, didn't know he had died. RIP :(

Rhys Lightning 63

From 'Good Morning Vietnam' to the voice of The Genie in Aladdin, it was a pleasure watching his work
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

DevonFFC

He was a utter legend who shaped the modern movie comedy. RIP PETER PAN

ChrisB22

Lighthouse

I posted this on Facebook. I first this very old story years ago being told by Tony Hancock. It reminded me of Robin Williams.

A man goes to the doctor. He says he's depressed. He says life seems harsh and cruel. He says he feels all alone in a threatening world, where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain.

The doctor says the treatment is simple. The great clown Terrifini is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.

The man bursts into tears: "But doctor . . . I am Terrifini."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Really sad news.  Feels like a big part of my childhood has died with it - he was as iconic as it gets in the early 90s.

http://thechive.com/2013/06/27/the-beautiful-friendship-of-robin-williams-and-christopher-reeve-14-photos/

That's friendship.

RidgeRider

This one is hitting me hard. He was too young. He created more laughter than nearly anyone I can remember. He also was in one of my favorite all time movies...Dead Poets Society. Tragic.

AUSFFC

"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

K33NY

Quote from: ChrisB22 on August 12, 2014, 12:51:47 AM
Suicide apparently  ?

yes the sheriff said so but they need to do an autopsy to condifrm it, but allso hes wife has stated he went to through a serious and heavy depressed state now......

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 12, 2014, 01:32:03 AM
This one is hitting me hard. He was too young. He created more laughter than nearly anyone I can remember. He also was in one of my favorite all time movies...Dead Poets Society. Tragic.

it hits me very hard as well, I had to shed tears before because I idolised him as a child, its not even long ago me and my girlfriend was watching a movie with him where I said "Robin seems like such a family man, who loves children and cares for everyone, he must be such a great father and grandfather" I have had that thought in my head everytime I saw one of hes movies....

love4ffc

Very sad.  Loved the man in everything he did.  He could fill a room with laughter in one moment then turn it to a sober serious discussion.  May he find the peace he deserves.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Deanothefulhamfan

Wow, this is some really sad news to wake up to.... Amazing actor, and may he now RIP

Forever Fulham

He was a comedic genius, and a most underrated actor.  I've never seen such a facile improviser.  On talk shows, especially, he could rise to the occasion and simply astonish the host and other guests with the force of his talent.  He struggled with alcoholism, was a recovering cocaine addict as well.  A lot of personal demons.  Heard he suffered from depression.  How like the archetypal clown ("Laugh, clown, laugh."), rushing to humor to fill a void, mask pain.  He had so many showy roles, such as "Good Morning, Vietnam"; "Dead Poets Society"; but I found his performance in "Moscow on the Hudson" quite moving.  Dead at 63.

Forever Fulham

Here's a YouTube video from a performance before a British audience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW2jSLuHlz4

Jamie88

First Rik Mayall and now this. Many of my childhood comedy greats are slowly going..
RIP

JBH

Burt

Spooky... Was only having a conversation yesterday with a colleague about his sad desperation to try and get a signal for his BlackBerry whilst he was on two weeks holiday and we recalled that scene from RV when RW climbed to the top of the hills to do just that... Great film. One of many... Dead Poets Society and Good Morning Vietnam probably being the pick of the bunch.

The world will be a duller, quieter place without him.