more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (14/08/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 13, 2014, 07:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Wear Your Whites To Work

Continuing with our Wall of Colour theme ahead of the first Craven Cottage game of the season, we're encouraging fans to wear a Fulham home shirt to work on Thursday!

At our Motspur Park Training Ground, our staff will be donning their white Fulham tops as they go about their day-to-day tasks, and we'd love as many of you supporters as possible to do likewise in your place of work!

Tweet us at @FulhamFC with your photos of you wearing your white shirt with pride, and the best will feature on the official website on Friday.

Not at work on Thursday? Send us your photos anyway! Whether you're on holiday, relaxing at home, down the pub, or anywhere in fact, just pop on your favourite Fulham home shirt to show your support.

The Wall of Colour is an initiative run by the Football League encouraging fans to wear their club's colours at the first home game of the season, so let's make a wall of white when Millwall come to town at the weekend!

We want supporters of all ages to get involved in our Wall of Colour, so wherever our young fans are during these summer holidays, we want photos of our junior Whites wearing their home shirts.

What's more, two lucky young fans who send photos in will be selected to walk out with the team as our official matchday mascots when we take on Millwall at Craven Cottage on Saturday!*

Fans who are yet to purchase their ticket for Saturday's game can still do so, priced from £30 for adults and £15 for juniors.

Supporters can buy the brand new 2014/15 adidas Home Shirt online, or in person from our Stadium Store.

*Supporters must be aged between 5 and 12 and be in possession of a full home kit. Young fans are still welcome to submit photos for Wall of Colour even if they don't wish to be in contention for the mascot prize. Entries must be submitted before midday on Thursday to be considered for the prize.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/august/13/wear-your-whites-to-work?

WhiteJC

Fulham news: Sean Davis backs youngsters to shine for Cottagers

Young blood: Patrick Roberts made an impressive cameo appearance against Ipswich

Sean Davis has backed Felix Magath's youngsters to take their chance in the Championship.

Magath will put his faith in a number of Fulham's talented academy prospects this season as the club bid for an immediate return to the Premier League.

Former Fulham midfielder Davis said: "If the manager can show faith in the young lads and the fans can connect  with them, then I am sure they will get behind them. If that happens then I believe we will see a prosperous season and a good future for Fulham. To learn your trade in such a competitive league is a great boost."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-news-sean-davis-backs-youngsters-to-shine-for-cottagers-9666209.html

WhiteJC

Mitroglou Returning to Olympiakos?

Our expensive signing, Kostas Miroglou, didn`t feature in the opening day fixture at Portman Road.

The Greek, brought in last January, isn`t thought to be part of Felix Magath`s plans for the season and the clubare very keen, so it is being reported, to get Mitroglou off of the wage bill.

To that effect it is now being implied, by some sources, Mitroglou is being offered back to the Greek club Olympiakos with a view to him going on loan, initially.

We`ll report back further if / when we hear anything of significance.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=366594#ixzz3AIVh2K54

WhiteJC

Millwall boss to fine former Fulham man after Wycombe red

an Holloway admits it will be tough to discipline Matthew Briggs, who saw red on his Millwall debut after scoring the winner in their 1-0 win over Wycombe Wanderers in the Capital One Cup.

Briggs ripped off his shirt after slotting the ball past Matt Ingram, earning a yellow card from referee Andy D'Urso, before a high challenge saw him leave the pitch early.

"It was pure emotion [from Briggs] but you've just got to keep your shirt on," Holloway said.

"If I had a body like that I would probably want to take my shirt off, but he knows if he takes his shirt off he's going to get booked.

"It's an emotional game, I hope he learns from it and I'm delighted he scored but by the end of his time with me hopefully he'll have scored so many he won't bother taking his shirt off.

"The turnaround Wycombe have had since last season, where they put my childhood team down, all made for a very exciting evening.

"Gareth's [Ainsworth] side are a mirror image of him, because he never backed away from a challenge and that was the toughest challenge I've had from a League Two side."

Millwall's pressure paid off in the 27th minute as summer signing Briggs fired past Ingram, ripping his shirt off in the celebration and receiving a yellow card.

Briggs' exuberant celebration cost him dear early in the second half, when his high challenge on Sido Jombati earned him a second yellow.

But Paris Cowan-Hall and Steven Craig had opportunities to level the score in the final 10 minutes, although neither troubled goalkeeper David Forde.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/millwall/millwall_boss_to_fine_former_fulham_man_after_wycombe_red_1_3724153

WhiteJC

Capital One Cup Draw

Fulham will face local rivals Brentford at Griffin Park in the Second Round of the Capital One Cup.

The game will take place the week commencing August 25th and ticket information will be detailed on fulhamfc.com in due course.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/august/13/capital-one-cup-draw?

WhiteJC

Bees UP For Fulham's Visit DOWN Griffin Park

Brentford's reward for the penalty shoot-out win that decided a bizarre 6-6 draw with Dagenham on Tuesday night is rather a good one – The Capital One Second Round will see The Bees take on their pals from downstream – Fulham... who according to one or two songs I've heard in recent months, went down last season.

The exact date is yet to be decided, but will be week commencing August 25th, however, the prospect of The Cottagers and Bees re-aquainting their rivalry so early in the season will is an exciting prospect – one that conjures up a lot of cracking memories from League Cup clashes in the late 80s – none more so than from 1988/89 when The Bees drew 2-2 at the Cottage – a game that included a rasping goal from Roger Stanislaus... the Bees winning the Second Leg back at Griffin Park thanks to an extra time Gary Blissett goal after being put through on goal by Richard Cadette.

Earlier in the match an unsavoury incident saw the visitor's Gordon Davis stretchered off unconscious, with Jamie Bates (pictured above from Fulham game in 97/98) being later questioned by the Police.

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=12744

NorfolkJim

He stamped on his head - one of the most shocking assaults on a football pitch I ever saw