more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Letter form Felix...

Started by shnlwswlkr, August 15, 2014, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

'Dear Fans,

It has always been my philosophy to engage with the fans, and I believe it to be an important part of my work as a manager, to keep you better informed into what is happening in the Football Club.

I would like to make one fact very clear, we have made many new signings in the summer months, ten new players have arrived and six players have been promoted from the Academy. These new additions were on the whole free transfers; there was obviously one exception to this rule, the signing of Ross McCormack, but for the Championship's top scorer last season, a high fee was inevitable.  Contrary to popular belief, we have not spent huge amounts, but have invested wisely. The reason for the release of so many players, was that I felt that the squad was an ageing one that urgently needed to be freshened up with younger, hungrier and more ambitious players.

I do feel that we as a Club should not be frightened of change and that we need to look forward with a much younger team. I would like to stress, that our aim is to develop a squad that can not only perform well and achieve our goal in the Championship, but can grow into a strong Premier League team with a promising future.  It is important to me, that you as fans understand what we are trying to accomplish, I strongly believe we are going in the right direction and we will develop into a team playing an exciting brand of football.

I heard constantly last season many complaints regarding the age of the team and the lack of opportunities given to our younger players. Bearing this in mind, my goal is to find a fine blend of youth and experience, with the emphasis on younger players. Last week at Ipswich we had only a temporary setback, but the performance was very encouraging and my players came away from the match with positive spirits.  Ten of our starting 11 were players new to the team and our average starting age was 23, we finished the match with an average age of 21. We are obviously at the start of this new project, but I can honestly say that I was very happy with the team and I am convinced that my players will grow into a very strong unit.

This team requires from you, our supporters, patience, support and an understanding as to what we are trying to build here for the future of the Football Club.  My work here as manager and that of my staff, is to bring to you a team which you can be proud of and get excited about. We are all in this together, please show us that you have trust and faith in us.

All the best!

Felix'
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Airfix

alexbishop

I like how Felix is communicating with the fans. I like his honesty too. Let's see if his words will be reflected on the pitch over the coming games. After all, actions speak louder than words.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

TheManOnTheBus

Love him too. Interestingly silent on "we are not done yet" re transfer business.

I wonder if there will be the usual Sarah interview posted later today?

shnlwswlkr

We've got something like 5 games in two weeks is it? Something like that, surely this will give the team a perfect spell to gel for the season!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Riverside

I like this
The challenge is once started he needs to continue .
Much easier to do of course if we start winning !

PakistaniWhite

Love you Felix! Please get us three points tomorrow COYW

VicHalomsLovechild

Do you think we could get him on the radio on a Friday night. All curled up by the radio with our ovaltine listening to Felix tell us whats happening. Great start to a footballing Saturday.

Burt

Sorry all these positive comments are not allowed.

Someone has to come out and mention the fact that this is all PR, written by Sarah, meaningless, etc. and that Felix is a poor manager who the players don't like.

That someone won't be me though...!

I like this, sure it may be a PR initiative, but the club don't have to do this, and hearing something and having some form of engagement is better than hearing nothing and having zero engagement.

And Felix is doing the right things with the emphasis on fitness, getting more youthful faces in, and ditching those who don't want to play for us.

COYW!

049:gif

bulgariawhite

you can't knock the man's honesty. He has recognised the fans and is doing his best to keep us happy. I like this approach, but as somebody said 'Actions speak louder than words' I like the approach of asking the fans to be patient and believe. COYW

Northern Cottager

The performance last Saturday was just lacking the final ball and finishing. Apart from that we looked completely different, full backs that can attack, midfielders that could retain the ball and a team that flourished in the final 20 minutes rather than wilting as soon as the 2nd half whistle sounds.

Refreshing to see so many young players come through and I hope they're joined by experienced Championship players to guide them and help the team kick on to Play-Off or Champions contention.

DeuceBigelow

:plus one:
Quote from: Burt on August 15, 2014, 12:30:26 PM

Someone has to come out and mention the fact that this is all PR, written by Sarah, meaningless, etc. and that Felix is a poor manager who the players don't like.

I like this, sure it may be a PR initiative, but the club don't have to do this, and hearing something and having some form of engagement is better than hearing nothing and having zero engagement.

And Felix is doing the right things with the emphasis on fitness, getting more youthful faces in, and ditching those who don't want to play for us.

COYW!

:plus one:

Riverside Block W

F(f)CUK

The word "patience" suggests to me that he is not expecting us to start well.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Burt on August 15, 2014, 12:30:26 PM

COYW!

This isn't PR. He is always rambling on in German on his Facebook page. Yeah, someone translates it and writes it out correctly, but their his words. I honestly think this is his doing, he wants to keep us up to date, hence why it hasn't been done with any other managers.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

ChesterTheTabby

There is some genuine compassion in this letter, and although it may come off as a PR stunt - I don't remember getting these from Hughes, Jol,or RM on a regular basis or with so much depth. In FM we trust!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RidgeRider

he is clearly reading this site............good move by him.  049:gif

Lighthouse

It pains me still to agree with a Fulham manager. But he is saying the same things as some of us have said on here all week. Mind you I would like a bit more experience coming in. However a nice touch and long may it continue.

Performance remains as important as the results for the first few games until August is over. I think we all have to accept that rebuilding a squad from top to toe isn't going to be achieved without problems.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PakistaniWhite

I may sound stupid and this may just be the emotions talking but having these letters give me the "we are all in this together" feeling! I cant wait till we start winning game after game. Its been a long time coming!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: F(f)CUK on August 15, 2014, 12:35:47 PM
The word "patience" suggests to me that he is not expecting us to start well.

With the amount of overhaul we've gone through anyone who DID expect us to start like a fully gelled team was living in dreamland.