News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You guys who were at the match ,give us match summary …..

Started by colinwhite, August 16, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickN

Home debut for Felix Magath's work in progress.
Thrilling debut by George Williams wide left who was used relentlessly for first half hour. I was genuinely purring at his ability.
Lone target man Rodallega laboured for the cause without a genuine threat. When (slightly overweight) Ross McCormack appeared for the second half they looked a promising partnership but unable yet to make it count.
Pat Roberts was the popular talking point when he came on after 60 minutes and his immediate run and shot (cut in from right wing) is just one reason why we should remain optimistic.
Defensively we were shaky and indecisive making a fair assessment of individual performances difficult. Hoogland looked slow getting back a couple of times (Eisfeld offering little support) with Millwall increasingly enjoying attacks on their left.
Parker showed his class on more than one occasion (and his age) but was among the guilty for the goal.
Millwall weren't asked to work too hard for their lead but once they took it defended assuredly. Their noisy support was impressive.
We look nervous in our own half but full of ambition in attacking areas (over 60% possession) creating numerous opportunities (24 shots 7 on target) but lacked ability to finish.

Luka

62% possession  ....no goals.
Boys in a mans world.

Humbled

Quote from: AlexH on August 16, 2014, 08:58:47 PM
We were good value for a point, probably should have nicked a win.

Parker was strange as he got better the longer the game went on. Hyndman terrific once again, Roberts looked a handful off the bench.

First half was even, second half we were dominant. The key was we were too naive in the first half.

2nd half we closed the gap between midfield and attack. Hyndman has slotted in well and looks comfortable. He needs 2 experienced pros with him.

Julius Geezer

Lots of nerves first half - second half we were much calmer and composed. Kept the ball really well, just lacked a bit of movement and creativity.

A lack of penetration up front again but McCormack and Rodders partnership after the break looked promising.

Millwall used frustrating tactics by congesting the midfield - we need to find a way round this because teams will come a deploy that tactic every time.

I thought millwall were poor overall, we played some good stuff and definitely deserved something out the game.

Parker had a good game even though he didn't release the ball quick enough at times.

Roberts was a threat coming off the bench and left the millwall defenders falling over themselves.

Hyndman did well. Eisfeld, Williams and Christensen look like they need games.

Still think we need a better keeper - joronen isn't convincing.

Can't understand why burn is being left out - surely he is a better option than burgess?

Both sets of fans made for a good derby atmosphere.

Referee lee mason was generally poor and seemed to be intimidated by the millwall noise.

This is an unforgiving league, and although our 2 performances so far have been promising - we need points on the board soon starting with wolves Wednesday night

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 16, 2014, 05:57:05 PM
On my way home....

We were the better side but they were much more physical.

Joronen played well but I think burgess needs to bulk up a bit but looks an excellent prospect. Probably slightly at fault for the goal, but overall pretty good

I thought George Williams played well, was often completely alone on the left but not used as much as he should have been.

I am not convinced on hoogland or stafylides going forward, they don't seem to have pace or guile. But looked good defensively.

Parker. Positive in the first half and then I think he ran out of steam and stopped playing as positively. Hyndman should start in the middle with Parker. He is absolute class. Not so good at the front of the diamond.

No real cutting edge up front. Rodellega ran his socks off, competed well in the air but probably should have scored a couple. McCormack looked good when he came on as did Roberts. When Williams went off we lost all guile and pace on the left.

Overall a good performance, but on Wednesday I'd have the same back 5, but maybe burn for burgess, Hyndman Parker David and Williams in midfield with Max and Cauley up front.

May be a few weeks yet before we start winning. But definitely on the right track.
would agree with this and add that Parker needs to be replaced after 70 minutes with LVC who had a good game.Parker was out on his feet at the end that he couldn't run. another game we deserved at least a draw. Only annoyance of the game was the performance of Mason who gave his usual saturday park pitch level of refereeing.