News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You guys who were at the match ,give us match summary …..

Started by colinwhite, August 16, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Have only heard the commentary and they said we should have got at least draw...

Berserker

Yes agree definitely a draw but goals make prizes. We couldn't finish fully, we were missing an end product.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Tom_FFC

We had enough chances to score and for the majority of the second half, looked the better team.
Still hold on to the ball and do nothing with it, lacked the cutting edge in the first half, Story of the last 2 weeks. roll on Wednesday and hopefully get our first win!

Max Headroom

On my way home....

We were the better side but they were much more physical.

Joronen played well but I think burgess needs to bulk up a bit but looks an excellent prospect. Probably slightly at fault for the goal, but overall pretty good

I thought George Williams played well, was often completely alone on the left but not used as much as he should have been.

I am not convinced on hoogland or stafylides going forward, they don't seem to have pace or guile. But looked good defensively.

Parker. Positive in the first half and then I think he ran out of steam and stopped playing as positively. Hyndman should start in the middle with Parker. He is absolute class. Not so good at the front of the diamond.

No real cutting edge up front. Rodellega ran his socks off, competed well in the air but probably should have scored a couple. McCormack looked good when he came on as did Roberts. When Williams went off we lost all guile and pace on the left.

Overall a good performance, but on Wednesday I'd have the same back 5, but maybe burn for burgess, Hyndman Parker David and Williams in midfield with Max and Cauley up front.

May be a few weeks yet before we start winning. But definitely on the right track.

hopper

I thought the team looked precocious and that we were hugely unlucky. One of those days where the ball just refused to go in.

Last week Hutchison, see Burgess today. Young defender shows huge naivety and hands advantage to opposition making us chase the game.

If the defence can cut out those mistakes, which is a BIG 'IF' then you could see this team outclassing most of our opposition.

Players need time, and fans need some good moments as leaving the ground on nil points, to a pedestrian Millwall team felt like a new low. We have suffered too much

hopper

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 16, 2014, 05:57:05 PM
On my way home....

Joronen played well but I think burgess needs to bulk up a bit but looks an excellent prospect. Probably slightly at fault for the goal, but overall pretty good

I thought George Williams played well, was often completely alone on the left but not used as much as he should have been.

I am not convinced on hoogland or stafylides going forward, they don't seem to have pace or guile. But looked good defensively.

Parker. Positive in the first half and then I think he ran out of steam and stopped playing as positively. Hyndman should start in the middle with Parker. He is absolute class. Not so good at the front of the diamond.

No real cutting edge up front. Rodellega ran his socks off, competed well in the air but probably should have scored a couple. McCormack looked good when he came on as did Roberts. When Williams went off we lost all guile and pace on the left.

Overall a good performance, but on Wednesday I'd have the same back 5, but maybe burn for burgess, Hyndman Parker David and Williams in midfield with Max and Cauley up front.

May be a few weeks yet before we start winning. But definitely on the right track.

Agree with all these comments, couldn't help but feel that Rodallega looked just as short of being effective in this league as he did in the Prem. McCormack looked good, would like to see Woodrow with McCormack up front.

mangoputney

Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass ad inifinitum Hugo... No goal x24

Millwall pass pass goal
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Lighthouse

Tomorrow afternoon we can all watch the 90 minutes on the offal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Humbled

On my way home....

This is why I love football.
Ur 2nd n 3rd comments I think the complete opposite and it is these opinions that make football so good (if they can be discussed properly)
G.Williams I thought was decent when it come to positioning and 1st touch but thought he relied too much on his pace and was far too weak making it easy pickings for Carlos Edwards.
Also Hoogland and Stafy for me are better as wing backs than full backs making the odd run. You can see they want to be further up the pitch at all times.

EDIT. Forgot to add Rodders in the 1st half was too isolated, he required Ross or David in there (as I said at half time in the match thread) out only outlet 1st half was Rodders over the top off the shoulder and it almost worked a few times. 2nd half as people said Ross did well BUT a lot of that was also due to the inter play between him and Rodders and it looked like a pairing we could be excited to see every week.

Patrick

Quote from: mangoputney on August 16, 2014, 06:52:27 PM

Millwall pass pass goal

Exactly correct....Millwall 30% possession 3 clear-cut chances...1 taken....  FFC 70% possession...4 or 5 poor 'half-chances'.....ineffective and unimaginative...but good at keeping possession

epsomraver

On my way home....

very good summary, couldn.t agree more 0001.jpeg

Gloss White

Despite the loss really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. Thought there was a lot of noise from both fans and it feels like a proper match with two proper sets of fans. Lots of singing from the Hammy end.
Thought it was like the Ipswich game but we were better.
Millwall looked fairly comfortable and played some woeful football but won. And that is the championship for you.

If we can cut out the mistakes (Burgess started shakily, was at fault for the goal but then played really well- excellent on the ball and bringing out of defence)
Parker bossed the game and some good performances from the American lad and Roberts when he came on.
But for all the possession and crisp passing we never looked that dangerous and - people did not take enough responsibility with that final ball so knocked it wide - all very pretty but needed someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

But for a proper game of football without the circus of the prem I really enjoyed it - and did not come away dejected.
Thought the fans were great today - lots of noise and really got behind the team

westcliff white

Quote from: Patrick on August 16, 2014, 07:21:32 PM
Quote from: mangoputney on August 16, 2014, 06:52:27 PM

Millwall pass pass goal

Exactly correct....Millwall 30% possession 3 clear-cut chances...1 taken....  FFC 70% possession...4 or 5 poor 'half-chances'.....ineffective and unimaginative...but good at keeping possession
4/5 half chances we had over 20 shots and 8 or so on target. we need to sharpen up
Every day is a Fulham day

Max Headroom

The only thing that really annoyed me today was the guy sitting behind me being completely negative whenever we made a mistake.

I moved my season tickets and I'm not sure I can take a season of him slagging off 18 year olds for making errors.....

Dan in Notts

Some sparkle and promise, without ever really looking threatening; no need to panic as long as we focus now: it's time for a win and to build momentum.

premFlem

slightly off the pace upfront, we still lack imagination in the middle. Millwall like ipswich enjoyed most success attacking the left side of our defence. A lot more tinkering needs to done, but glimpses of potential leaves hope.
A creative midfielder would be nice but they don't grow on trees unfortunately. For those seeking promotion though I cant see it happening this season at least.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Humbled

Started with way too many inexperienced youngsters today.

Bedford White

It's been said the losing is a habit that's hard to break. Having watched today's game from the Riverside I think there are some great positives to be taken, not least the fact that we're able to mount some pace filled attacks and we looked very dangerous at times. However we seem to suffer from those old issues, frailty in defence and a lack of incisive decision making in midfield.

Clearly the youngster have talent but they need effective leadership and Parker seems to be taking his duties as captain well enough. We need that cutting edge, the killer instinct, that last piece of the puzzle in attackng midfield. Perhaps another experienced defender could enlisted but I feel that if we can attack and gain an early lead we can boss games.

On present showing its unlikely we'll gain promotion this season. But it's only been two competitive matches hasn't it?

AlexH

We were good value for a point, probably should have nicked a win.

Parker was strange as he got better the longer the game went on. Hyndman terrific once again, Roberts looked a handful off the bench.

First half was even, second half we were dominant. The key was we were too naive in the first half.

terryr

Summary:
We looked sharp at times.
We looked the much better team.
We had possession for 61% of the time.
Short passes.
Often pointless short passes.
Keeper looked nervous.
Roberts looked dangerous.
Hugo looked pointless. 
One lone striker in the first half made it look like we wanted to play crap long ball football.
Putney end was deafening.
Hammy end woke up when they chanted " your support is sh*t"
We threatened in the last 10 minutes but that was more because they sat back to defend their lead.
Holloway looked like a used car salesman.
Felix looked at times like he was going to burst a blood vessel......who knew he could whistle like that?
Parker looked solid.
Burgess played way beyond his years despite the goal screw up.
We lost.
End of summary