watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Corners

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 17, 2014, 01:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I listened to GJ today and it seemed yet again we had a problem with the delivery of corners.
I can't remember him once saying that it was a great corner.

When you've got players like Burgess, Bodurov, McCormack and Roddy  in the team you should
at least find them from such a simple delivery as a corner.

Not a general compalint because I'm on the "This will take a while, keep trying, it's a million miles
from the last 2/3 years" Camp
Perhaps a million miles is an exageration

We will tonk someone soon and let the confidence charge begin.

For those who are adamant that thi is all wrong, come back in a couple of years and save
yourselves 2 years of moaning and misery.
If it does go belly up (which I doubt) what will you have lost ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ChrisB22

From listening live I agree corners seem a real problem for us. A straight forward thing to practice !!

love4ffc

No more shorts for now.  Deliver the ball in the box and have a gooo.....aaalllll!
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

dannyboi-ffc

We may have burgess but he is light weight. It is clear we are very weak in the air and have a very small team. I think thats why we kept trying to whip it low to the near post to flick it on. Something that was practised in training but never worked even slightly on the several occasions we tried it. Then when we did try a proper corner 2 or 3 times, there was no one there to attack it. Stafylidis small, burgess lightweight, parkers small, david small, eisfeld small, williams small, roberts small, lvc small, hyndman small, mcormack small. Only hoogland, bodurov amd hugo have any chance from headers on set pieces. Its definitely a weakness amd one I think will cause us problems defensively too in the long run omce teams suss us out
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 17, 2014, 08:56:19 AM
We may have burgess but he is light weight. It is clear we are very weak in the air and have a very small team. I think thats why we kept trying to whip it low to the near post to flick it on. Something that was practised in training but never worked even slightly on the several occasions we tried it. Then when we did try a proper corner 2 or 3 times, there was no one there to attack it. Stafylidis small, burgess lightweight, parkers small, david small, eisfeld small, williams small, roberts small, lvc small, hyndman small, mcormack small. Only hoogland, bodurov amd hugo have any chance from headers on set pieces. Its definitely a weakness amd one I think will cause us problems defensively too in the long run omce teams suss us out

Agree corners were poor, I commented last season that the U 18,s and 21's could teach the first team how to deliver good ones and now they are in the first team? Don't agree however that you need to be tall to score goals from headers, some of the best have been small

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: epsomraver on August 17, 2014, 09:56:37 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 17, 2014, 08:56:19 AM

Agree corners were poor, I commented last season that the U 18,s and 21's could teach the first team how to deliver good ones and now they are in the first team? Don't agree however that you need to be tall to score goals from headers, some of the best have been small

theres a suprise, you not agreeing with me. Its becoming a habit lol. If your not gonna be tall you need to have a knack for timing runs and have a decent leap. Not only do our players lack an aerial advantage but most of them are just not very good at headers full stop. Its a clear weakness
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Julius Geezer

Stafylidis looks a good crosser but he didn't beat the first man on nearly every corner yesterday!

grandad

Barcelona nearly always use a short corner as most of their players are on the short side. Seems to work though as they retain possession from every corner.
Where there's a will there's a wife