News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quote from Hollaway about our players...

Started by Steven Ageroad, August 17, 2014, 12:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

"They have some brilliant young players but they have also got some people who don't appear to want to be there"

Do you agree with him? if so who do you think he was referring to regarding not wanting to be there?

K33NY

Its hard to say if he meant one of those playing yesterday or all the players themselves, no secret both Ruiz and Mitro wants to be off, and Kaca stated the same I think, but if he meant one from the team yesterday, its hard to say.

Steven Ageroad

I assumed he was talking about the team yesterday as it was quoted in the match report.

H4usuallysitting

Parker??.....he's been very quiet  086.gif

dannyboi-ffc

Parker was superb, no one can question his commitment. All the rest were new signings or kids. Only one is hugo and after yesterday id agree with him. Didnt look that interested to me, hope woodrow gets a chance soon
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Southcoastffc

Taking notice of each and every word spoken by Ian Hollaway is not something I'd recommend.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham76

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 17, 2014, 12:55:30 PM
Parker was superb, no one can question his commitment. All the rest were new signings or kids. Only one is hugo and after yesterday id agree with him. Didnt look that interested to me, hope woodrow gets a chance soon

Parker superb? Really??? I thought he was one of our worst players yesterday, and last week for that matter. He doesn't create anything! Lots of twists & turns when on the ball & short sideways or backward passes but doesn't have a decent forward ball in him.

glenhodgso

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 17, 2014, 01:01:31 PM

Parker superb? Really??? I thought he was one of our worst players yesterday, and last week for that matter. He doesn't create anything! Lots of twists & turns when on the ball & short sideways or backward passes but doesn't have a decent forward ball in him.

I simply cannot believe that we were both at the same match.  Parker was outstanding yesterday.

Fulham76

Quote from: glenhodgso on August 17, 2014, 01:03:57 PM

I simply cannot believe that we were both at the same match.  Parker was outstanding yesterday.

Maybe if you're a Millwall fan! Certainly didn't create anything for us & produced more than a few sloppy passes.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Parker was superb, no one can question his commitment. All the rest were new signings or kids. Only one is hugo and after yesterday id agree with him. Didn't look that interested to me, hope woodrow gets a chance soon

It does not matter how many times you say, it will not make it correct.  Parker was not good yesterday, I would go as far as saying,  if he was not on the pitch (we had  10 men ) we may have done better.
The last time Parker was good was in his 1st year at Spurs and that was because he was playing with Modric.
If we are cutting loose  get rid of all of the overpaid nonces
Give  our kids the time and they will shine !!!

bill taylors apprentice

Just goes to show how this sport is all about opinions, while I'm no big fan of Rodders, I thought he looked very interested and put a shift in.
Parker, is a proud man and tries hard but not only have his legs gone he does't show the fight that is his hallmark.

DeuceBigelow

I lost a bit of respect for Holloway yesterday. I sit in the Riverside behind the dugouts and Holloway was in the 4th official's ear incessantly, particularly about Eisfeld's tackling in the first half. He also engaged with a fan in the stands who was being vocal, and just looked silly.
Riverside Block W

Riverside

For those that don't want to be there - Based on effort I don't think he can be talking about any of the 14 that played for us yesterday .

People may have divided views about the effectiveness of Rodellega and Parker but they certainly put in a shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyboi-ffc

Parker was poor second half of last year and it looks as if the bitterness towards him will just stick now no.matter what he does. I find it fascinating that he is being criticised for yesterday. His energy and leadership was vital, I think we would of lost by a lot more without him.

I know, lets play all youth like has been suggested because a midfield of williams hyndman christensen roberts would be the answer. It amazes me how we can see things so differently. I dont think hyndman would.do as well without parker, he was my.motm
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

SouthfieldWhite

Firstly Holloway is an idiot, yes great entertainment but an idiot, couldn't hack it at Palace so champoionship is best he can aim for.

As for Parker, people really need to get over their dislike for him

Did you dog texts not see some of his long diagonal passes.

Some people are blinkered when it comes to certain players.

Parker had a decent game yesterday.
When you playONE UP FRONT AT HOME, his passing options will be limited

We need some experience in the team to help the youngsters, and that's what Parker gives up

Skatzoffc

I agree 76. He takes too long moving the ball on. We have a very young fast team but he is too slow in making decisions IMO.
Either he plays a quick punt 1st time ball to no one or he holds on to the ball for ages and has to play sideways or back because the moment has gone or attackers are now offside. He needs to let the ball do the work instead of running with it.
I must admit he played better than last week tho. I think we are still getting used to each other as a team.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RidgeRider

Hollaway probably talked to Briggs the week leading up to the match about Magath's tendencies and came to this conclusion.

Jem

In 2003 Holloway said of QPR "Over the years, QPR have been a bit of a flitty, farty, we-like-a-Fancy-Dan-football club"

Not sure what he meant then but he does like to stir it with others. I guess he thinks he is being clever.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

AlexH

I was deeply disappointed with Parker last year so here's my view.

He was poor in the first half but I think the tactics didn't help him. Second half he was superb and he looked very committed.

I think he's here to stay and I think he's relishing the captaincy and being an older head.

Max Headroom

Alex. Goes to show it's a game of opinions. I felt completely the opposite..... Second half he was outshone by Hyndman in my opinion. First half he was more positive too

No questioning the effort though :)