watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would anyone moan about this? Hildrebrand...merged

Started by Peabody, August 17, 2014, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

If this is true and we get him, I will be so freekn happy! Class goalkeeper, and could stay with us for a couple of seasons at least :) The right person we need in our goal right now :)

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham76

I think we need a creative midfielder more than this guy  :hook:

SouthWest6

Great goalkeeper, right age, perfect experience for our team right now. Wages might be an issue, hopefully the club can get this one sorted quickly, other teams will snap him up.

Slaphead in Qatar

I will moan. 35 years old and only made 45 league appearances in the last 4 seasons. Another bargain basement signing, where is all this khan bravado about spending us back into the top flight. And as with the pulis thread, I couldn't care less if this post upsets people.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 17, 2014, 02:02:31 PM
I will moan. 35 years old and only made 45 league appearances in the last 4 seasons. Another bargain basement signing, where is all this khan bravado about spending us back into the top flight. And as with the pulis thread, I couldn't care less if this post upsets people.

Can't believe most of you are not taking the financial fair play rules into consideration. It didn't just disappear, nor did we become exempt from it. 

Deanothefulhamfan

I would prefer an English speaking GK to help with the youngsters, but he would be a decent addition no doubt....

..FOF..

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 17, 2014, 02:02:31 PM

Seems to start being injury prone in the last 3 seasons.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/timo-hildebrand/verletzungen/spieler/598

If he is fit from the get go, I would be happy... and the coaching team have to be serious about developing our young keepers or buy a good deputy.

jags24

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 17, 2014, 02:12:11 PM
I would prefer an English speaking GK to help with the youngsters, but he would be a decent addition no doubt....

I would be very happy with this signing.  35 is not so old for a GK.  He's German, so probably he does speak English.

bill taylors apprentice

I have no problem with the ability of our 2 young keepers but.............

With all the changes in the team, IMO an experienced voice helping to marshal the team would help even if no better ability wise.  

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SimpleTactics

I think joronen is doing a good job and did people not see Hilderbrand's mistake vs Chelsea last season?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Would anyone moan about this?
« on: Today at 01:44:13 PM »
http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-in-talks-with-timo-hildebrand123/?

There is Already a Thread ...............

gezkc

This would be a fantastic signing. We need a blend of youth and experience and goalkeeper is the one position where experience is all important.

I'm very optimistic with the direction the club is now following. There seems to be a real plan there now, something that's been lacking for the past couple of years.

MrProphet

Quote from: SimpleTactics on August 17, 2014, 03:40:01 PM
I think joronen is doing a good job and did people not see Hilderbrand's mistake vs Chelsea last season?

Joronen miss judged the cross yesterday and his positioning for the second last week was poor all goalkeepers make mistakes but we need experience and someone to scream at the back four when required Joronen does not command the box.

P's he does speak English

EJL

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 17, 2014, 02:12:11 PM
I'd bet good money that he can speak English. German approach to learning foreign languages isn't as lazy as it is here

EJL

Quote from: KCat on August 17, 2014, 04:01:25 PM

Would anyone moan about this?
« on: Today at 01:44:13 PM »
http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-in-talks-with-timo-hildebrand123/?

There is Already a Thread ...............
The title of that thread doesn't exactly scream "we're signing a player".

Fulham1959

'Old goalkeeper' doesn't always mean 'good goalkeeper'.  'Young goalkeeper' doesn't necessarily mean 'bad goalkeeper'.  It's a long time ago, but how old were Macedo and Bonetti when they commanded first team spots ?

Maybe we need further backup, but I'm happy to stick with Jorenen, for at while at least.

TonyGilroy

If Joronen has the potential he needs to play. Sticking him on the bench watching a 35 year old won't improve him.