watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chilean paper saying that Pellegrini has signed to be Liverpool manager

Started by NorthernWhite, June 18, 2010, 11:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

http://www.prensafutbol.cl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14595:pellegrini-suena-como-posible-nuevo-tecnico-del-liverpool&catid=107:pasaporte-nacional&Itemid=169

Translates as follows, god knows but I guess as Pellegrini is Chilean, it could have some credence:-

The Chilean tactician, who just left Real Madrid, where he managed for a season, this morning signed for the reds. The manager will continue his career in Europe and will replace Benitez who recently became Inter Milan's manager.

Pellegrini's unemployment only lasted very little. The Chilean manager will continue his career in Europe and will do it at another big team with one of the strongest winning traditions in England: Liverpool is the manager's new home. This way, the manager will fulfill a wish he divulged a while ago, managing in the Premier League.

According to what Prensafútbol was able to find, the manager signed this Friday morning with the reds, taking the place that until a few weeks ago was occupied by Rafa Benitez, who left England to become Mourinho's successor in Inter Milan. This way, a peculiar "manager shuffle" occurs between Real Madrid, Liverpool, and Inter.

This Thursday, Pellegrini's agent, Marco Piccoli, had explained that they were "evaluating the operation and soon there [would] be a new meeting to best define the contract details". That meeting took place this morning, which resulted in the signed agreement between the ex-Madrid manager and the 2005 Champions League winners.

Steve_orino

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 19, 2010, 01:33:21 AMI hope this is true!

For the enjoyment of the rest of the World Cup, please let this be true!

This drama has lasted too long...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Ichabod Magoo

It seems like every site in the world has picked up that story so even though 50 different sites have the news, the only source is from Chile.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

TonyGilroy

finnster01

I din't know The Sun and News of The World had a Chilean office.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: finnster01 on June 20, 2010, 07:48:05 AM
I din't know The Sun and News of The World had a Chilean office.

It's at a remote site in the Andes accessible only by donkey and helicopter.  Pellegrini and Dalglish were spotted by a displaced Andalusian as they dined in a small cafe in Concepción.   :dft012:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III