watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tottenham open to offers for Lewis Holtby

Started by Bedford White, August 18, 2014, 04:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Martin Jol

It won't happen. If we'd stayed in the Premier League, then maybe - although anyone coming in for a third dose of Magath probably needs to be sectioned.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Sgt Fulham

Holtby and Dembele please! That would be the dream but it will NEVER happen whilst we're in the championship.

Tonywa

Quote from: Pluto on August 18, 2014, 05:27:01 PM
Brilliant footballer bizarrely ostracised by Magath for seemingly no apparent reason, then played out of position. He also had some personal problems, but I do feel that while he was with us he was by far the most talented player in the squad. Also seemed to genuinely care and show a passion for the club. Excluding players of his talent is one of the reasons why I don't like Magath. If we'd kept Rene and built the team around Holtby, we'd probably still be in the premier league now.

Could have been me writing that mate.  Expressed my feelings perfectly. Thanks.

Julius Geezer

He joined us in the first place having spoken with René Meulensteen and believing the club could avoid relegation and had a future in the top flight.

Then René was sacked and there was more turmoil.

Once Felix took over, it was no secret the club's Premier League days were numbered and I don't think you can blame Holtby for losing faith!

So, no I don't think we stand a chance of getting Holtby back!

dannyboi-ffc

Im gonna be unpopular once again but I think he was very over rated. Of course if we could sign him now or had we'd stayed up then it would of been a brilliant signing for such a low fee.

However I find it a bit generous that most of you are shocked he could end up at qpr or palace. Hes no where near good enough to start for spurs and if he wants to be an important player, then palace, qpr is about his level. Possibly stretching up to stoke or newcastle. Basically anyone outside of the top 7. In germany or holland he could probably play for someone bigger/better but thats because it would suit him.

He is very one dimensional, cant play in a two in midfield, cant play wide of a 4231 formation. He can only be used in a free role behind a striker, almost identical to ruiz except with more fight and strength.

I loved his attitude and he was badly misused by magath but he werent a superstar. Very hot and cold for me.

There ive said it, now you can all bully me or beat up that poor horse again
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

KP_FFC

i'd love him back, but FM doesnt like him that much, doesnt think he's a fighter.

MJG

Never going to happen... Nothing to see here move on.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 18, 2014, 07:11:14 PM
Im gonna be unpopular once again but I think he was very over rated.

Holtby's pass into Sidwell vs Man Utd>>>>>>>>>>

jmh

Quote from: Twig on August 18, 2014, 06:22:38 PM
Quote from: jmh on August 18, 2014, 06:12:26 PM
Quote from: MikeW on August 18, 2014, 05:59:06 PM
Magath has shown precious little understanding of English football at two levels so far.
I've seen a couple of people say things like this and have yet to get an adequate explanation.  What is he doing that's showing a lack of understanding of English football specifically, as opposed to football in general? 

How about a dismally low 22% (I think) win rate?
And why does that mean a lack of understanding of English football specifically?  (Leaving aside the fact that he had a crap squad last year and has had all of two matches with his own group of players.)  When Alan Shearer was sacked as manager of Newcastle (and rightly so because he had no clue what he was doing), nobody said it was because he didn't understand "English football".  He was losing, but he was doing it in an English manner, I guess?  So what is it that Magath is doing that's losing matches in a non-English way that makes people say he doesn't understand "English football", as opposed to football in general?

SouthWest6

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here. For a start, Lewis Holtby would never return to Fulham whilst we're in the Championship. Secondly, rather than keeping his willy in his pants, he decided to text a picture of it to some trolley-dolly, who in turn went straight to the press. Surprising, his Girlfriend found out and he was then granted time off to try and save his own willy!! Unfortunately his head got turned and he ended up being completely nonexistent in a Fulham shirt whilst we tried to fight relegation. Nothing to do with Magath, Holtby was unprofessional and this was his downfall.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/tottenhams-lewis-holtby-caught-playing-away-cheats-on-model-girlfriend-with-air-hostess-sun-bild/    

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Julius Geezer on August 18, 2014, 07:45:31 PM

yep any more? Bit like ruiz really, the edited edition on youtube looks world class. What about the worst miss I have ever seen at villa? Which didnt matter in the end but had we not won that game he would of been a big let down.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Julius Geezer

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 18, 2014, 08:03:22 PM
Quote from: Julius Geezer on August 18, 2014, 07:45:31 PM

yep any more? Bit like ruiz really, the edited edition on youtube looks world class. What about the worst miss I have ever seen at villa? Which didnt matter in the end but had we not won that game he would of been a big let down.

Not many more to be fair, but then he had very little quality around him!

He was just the player we needed and its a shame things didn't work out.

Easily the best player on the pitch at Old Trafford last season  - tells you something.

And sorry mate, he can't be compared to Ruiz AT ALL!

SouthWest6

"Easily the best player on the pitch at Old Trafford last season  - tells you something".

Yes, that he had one decent game for us, and was pretty average, non-existent for the rest. I'm not sure where you get this Lewis Holtby greatness from, but if he was that good, he'd be in the Spurs team week in, week out.

Julius Geezer

He hardly played after Magath took over!

Before Magath, he was a revelation.

Re the Spurs comment, would you choose him over Christian Erikson? No me neither.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Julius Geezer on August 18, 2014, 08:25:16 PM
He hardly played after Magath took over!

Before Magath, he was a revelation.

Re the Spurs comment, would you choose him over Christian Erikson? No me neither.

I still don't get your point though, apart from one or two good games, he was nonexistent, and Magath was right, he wasn't a fighter, his head was to interested in sorting out his personal life rather than help Fulham fight relegation. Surely he could have been a bit more professional and kept his willy in his pants until after the season, no? 

H4usuallysitting

My Tottenham mate said that he generally gets lost in games, he tries hard but switches off.....after seeing him at the Cottage last season I tend to agree......seemed a great bloke though

Forever Fulham

He was and is an exciting quality player whose production was impacted by the personal affair fallout and the managerial change-over (to Felix Magath).   As to Championship league status being the kiss of death to recruiting a player fresh from the EPL, money talks.  Offer a short term contract for big bucks.   Now, if there's something deeply personal between him and Magath, and he'd be played out of position again, then forget it.

dannyboi-ffc

He will never come here in a million years and even if money did talk, he certainly isnt worth mega bucks to bring in. Give david a run of games and im not sure there would be much difference in impact on the team. In fact david is probably more versatile than holtby. Holtby is a decent player who fans fall in love with because he seems to show he cares and is a nice bloke. If im honest, I know a genuine nice honest fulhamish bloke when I see him and holtby came across a bit too nice and passionate which seemed fake almost. As if he did it to try and be popular rather than just naturally being a fulham gentleman like mcbride for example.

That personality blinded our perception of his quality, myself included but with hindsight he wasnt that great even at the things he was supposed to be good at. One good game at old trafford, one great pass and one incredible miss like ive never seen before. Not a great record for 5months work really

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

St Eve

Felix doesn't like him and Holtby doesn't like Felix. In addition we are a championship side and bottom of the table

Forever Fulham

By your logic, we are "bottom of the table" like Man U is "bottom of the table."  Such a statement after only one or two games is rather silly.  But it doesn't portend well for us either.  How are you so certain that Felix doesn't like Lewis Holtby?  Has he said something in public about him that I missed?  He returned to his club because he was on loan.