watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some very odd results tonight

Started by SouthWest6, August 19, 2014, 09:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Charlton beat Derby 3-2, Sheff Weds beat Millwall 1-0, Reading lost at home to Huddersfield 1-0. All I can honestly say is that this is a very tops turvy Championship right now, and the teams that we though would, aren't, if you know what I mean.

I know we've had a poor start with 2 straight defeats, but we've played well, and I fully expect us to turn this around, starting at home to Wolves.

Wigan are also a point away from us after just 3 games, where I was expecting them to be up there challenging with the like of Derby, Forest etc.    

fulhamben

think you are a little premature milwall drew 1 all
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rock

Horses are out of the gate and it's a mad scramble for sure. But if we don't get any points then counting on results elsewhere is futile.

Burt

Still early doors.

We can't possibly judge the outcome of a season after 3 matches. Or two, in our case.

jarv

r. Burt, I agree. But it is not going to look good if tomorrow night is another home defeat.  Hope for 2-1. 1-0 would do but the team still has not learnt how to keep a clean sheet. 094.gif

SouthWest6

Quote from: jarv on August 19, 2014, 10:35:15 PM
r. Burt, I agree. But it is not going to look good if tomorrow night is another home defeat.  Hope for 2-1. 1-0 would do but the team still has not learnt how to keep a clean sheet. 094.gif

I think we've been a lot better defensively, compared to last season. Our problem is putting the ball in the back of the net. If we're going to play with a young, inexperienced team who let the odd goal in here and there, then we need to score goals.

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 19, 2014, 10:48:44 PM
Quote from: jarv on August 19, 2014, 10:35:15 PM
we need the first goal too. its easier to score playing the way we do when the oppo has to throw caution to the wind to get back in the game
I think we've been a lot better defensively, compared to last season. Our problem is putting the ball in the back of the net. If we're going to play with a young, inexperienced team who let the odd goal in here and there, then we need to score goals.

love4ffc

It's football, anyone can beat anyone on any given day and you never know when the sun will shine on a dogs arse. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FPT

The Championship has ALWAYS been a topsy turvy league of unpredictability. I do wonder whether posters on here have neglected it to the point of just talking without prior knowledge.

We can afford a slow start to work things out and adjust.

Reading 11/12 - Had 4 points after their first six games (losing four consecutively in the process) and went on to win the title.

Wolves 08/09 - Went on two different runs of 5 games without a win, won the title.

Sunderland 06/07 - Lost first four games of the season, won the title.

Hull 12/13 - Lost 15 games in the season, went up automatically.

Sunderland 04/05 - Won one of their first 6 games (including 3 losses), won the title.

Stoke 07/08 - Won 3 of their first 9 games, went up automatically.

Plenty of back up to show that we can afford to start slowly and lose a couple. Obviously the sooner, the better, but no need to worry.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on August 19, 2014, 11:02:45 PM
The Championship has ALWAYS been a topsy turvy league of unpredictability. I do wonder whether posters on here have neglected it to the point of just talking without prior knowledge.

We can afford a slow start to work things out and adjust.

Reading 11/12 - Had 4 points after their first six games (losing four consecutively in the process) and went on to win the title.

Wolves 08/09 - Went on two different runs of 5 games without a win, won the title.

Sunderland 06/07 - Lost first four games of the season, won the title.

Hull 12/13 - Lost 15 games in the season, went up automatically.

Sunderland 04/05 - Won one of their first 6 games (including 3 losses), won the title.

Stoke 07/08 - Won 3 of their first 9 games, went up automatically.

Plenty of back up to show that we can afford to start slowly and lose a couple. Obviously the sooner, the better, but no need to worry.
was it sunderland who were bottom 3 at xmas and still went up. i know one team def done it

Deanothefulhamfan

The Charlton result to Derby was not really a major shock, they outplayed a good wigan side at home at the weekend, they are going to be a strong team at home this season.

I was more surprised with Reading losing at home to a poor huddersfield side...

I take your point though, it does go to show that result's are unpredictable at this level. We need to get a draw or win tonight, just for the team to have something to build on.