News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok world we get it you don't want the US to play soccer. But this is rediculous.

Started by McBridefan1, June 19, 2010, 01:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 19, 2010, 08:59:15 PM
Get a grip,the world of football doesn't revolve around the USA,you've got a bad ref decision,deal with.
Suck it up,deal with it. I thought being Fulham fans that you would understand the first rule of football,and just in case you didn't know the first rule of football,the only one that really matters is this "you HAVE to be lucky" on top of playing well,on top of chasing every loose ball,hitting every tackle,having an immovable defence,a couple of fleet footed strikers,if your not lucky,on top of that,you will never reach the true heights you will never become legends.
Teams like Brazil,Argentina,more skill than you can shake a stick at always have had,but us?The English? we needed a Russian linesman,the Italians? needed the best player in the world to go mental and get sent off,the Greeks? needed everybody who had a clue to knock each other out so they could win the Euro's,
LUCK it wasn't with you this time,no shame in that,it gives you a back story,gives you history and history gives you something to build on.
You played with heart and honour and have a lot to be proud of,more than we have...............
:clap_hands:

Steve_orino

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 19, 2010, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 19, 2010, 08:59:15 PM
Get a grip,the world of football doesn't revolve around the USA,you've got a bad ref decision,deal with.
Suck it up,deal with it. I thought being Fulham fans that you would understand the first rule of football,and just in case you didn't know the first rule of football,the only one that really matters is this "you HAVE to be lucky" on top of playing well,on top of chasing every loose ball,hitting every tackle,having an immovable defence,a couple of fleet footed strikers,if your not lucky,on top of that,you will never reach the true heights you will never become legends.
Teams like Brazil,Argentina,more skill than you can shake a stick at always have had,but us?The English? we needed a Russian linesman,the Italians? needed the best player in the world to go mental and get sent off,the Greeks? needed everybody who had a clue to knock each other out so they could win the Euro's,
LUCK it wasn't with you this time,no shame in that,it gives you a back story,gives you history and history gives you something to build on.
You played with heart and honour and have a lot to be proud of,more than we have...............
:clap_hands:

I love the FoF Rambler!  Still disappointed with the call(s), but I love Syd!

Note to self: Football is a bitch, get over it  :54:  :047:  :beer:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

CorkedHat

As someone who doesn't understand the game do you have contentious decisions in American Football or even baseball for that matter?
In Aussie Rules and Rugby League an afternoon out wouldn't be the same unless you were screaming obscenities at the men with the whistle. "Go and have your eyes tested you bevel eyed maggot" and other such adulations rather brightens up a winter's afternoon
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 20, 2010, 06:31:05 AM
As someone who doesn't understand the game do you have contentious decisions in American Football or even baseball for that matter?
In Aussie Rules and Rugby League an afternoon out wouldn't be the same unless you were screaming obscenities at the men with the whistle. "Go and have your eyes tested you bevel eyed maggot" and other such adulations rather brightens up a winter's afternoon
Of course. There is all of the above, including the abuse.
In fact, there was an incident not long ago when one of the refs robbed a baseball player with a bad call from throwing a "perfect game" which only 20 pitchers or so has done in the history of the game (and they play 162 games each season...). The umpire in question literally was in tears after watching the replay on TV and cried and apologized to the player.

I like humans that admit their mistakes, because sure as hell we all do them in our lives. Not often that Prem refs admits to making them though.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

McBridefan1

But you are all missing the most important point about the sport of football... you get to cry foul and bltch and complaine about horrible calls. Don't take away my football givin right to complaine... also if one team got bad calls that knocked them out of the playoffs every year, congress would hold an immediate investigation to get to the bottom of things... :005: Because when I think fair, I think of Congress. :59:

finnster01

Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 20, 2010, 06:56:25 AM
But you are all missing the most important point about the sport of football... you get to cry foul and bltch and complaine about horrible calls. Don't take away my football givin right to complaine... also if one team got bad calls that knocked them out of the playoffs every year, congress would hold an immediate investigation to get to the bottom of things... :005: Because when I think fair, I think of Congress. :59:
Mr McBride,

You mean a bit like a board meeting at BP?  :011:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AmericanJames

Yea I was watching that perfect game live, and I thought as a tigers fan that day there could be no greater injustice, well that was until i heard the whistle on Edu's goal. But yea it happens in all American sports, but the thing is that we have instant replay for just about everything (besides that call in the baseball game) so if something like this happens normally it is overturned and most is right in the world
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

You can complain all you want,as long as it is understood that this is not a one off,it's the normal run of things,stuff happens :doh:

I mean look at the Irish,if there was ever been a team thats was screwed over by the system(and Seb Blatter) it's them :dft012:

AmericanJames

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 20, 2010, 08:30:01 AM
You can complain all you want,as long as it is understood that this is not a one off,it's the normal run of things,stuff happens :doh:

I mean look at the Irish,if there was ever been a team thats was screwed over by the system(and Seb Blatter) it's them :dft012:

Yea on my part its just a bit of venting, after the way we played in the first half we were lucky to come out with the draw so it feels a bit greedy to complain, but in the same breathe it's unfortunate that such a great comeback was denied by such a muppet.

and talking about the Irish, it looks as if France is getting hit w/ a bit of karma following that debacle  :027: and it couldn't have happened to a better group.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Steve_orino

Quote from: finnster01 on June 20, 2010, 06:37:56 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on June 20, 2010, 06:31:05 AM
Of course. There is all of the above, including the abuse.
In fact, there was an incident not long ago when one of the refs robbed a baseball player with a bad call from throwing a "perfect game" which only 20 pitchers or so has done in the history of the game (and they play 162 games each season...). The umpire in question literally was in tears after watching the replay on TV and cried and apologized to the player.
I like humans that admit their mistakes, because sure as hell we all do them in our lives. Not often that Prem refs admits to making them though.

Thats probably where a lot of the frustration comes, the Ump in the baseball game owned up to the mistake and apologized - and you empathize and forgive.

This guy from the WC game, can't even tell anyone who the foul was called on.  Tell us what you "saw" or admit your mistake and accepting "human error" becomes that much easier.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Aldo

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 19, 2010, 06:04:51 PM
It has always confused me as to why FIFA choses refs from so many 3rd world countries. I can't imagine that someone from Mali has ever ref'd a match of such importance. Course, Kewell would porbaly disagree.

Probably the same mentality that allows lower division refs to referee big FA Cup ties!

Vinnieffc

Can't wait till we get to the 'Football is a game of 4 quarters' argument  :011: