News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we really spent any money this season?

Started by SouthWest6, August 20, 2014, 12:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

I know there is the Financial Fair Play ruling to think about, but we've hardly pushed the boat out have we, especially when Khan said he was prepared to bankroll the Club.

All this clap-trap about McCormack costing 11M is a big smoke screen in my eye's, not only for us, but also Leeds, who are using this figure to warrant the sale. From our side, it looks like we've spent big, when in reality, we haven't.

We all know that Ross cost 5.5 - 6M, with add-ons that we know will only reach the 11M mark if we and him are kicking a ball in the Champions League next season. At this rate, we'll be lucky not to be kicking a ball in league 1.

When you think about the players we've sold, are looking to sell, along with the players we've signed, I think it works out that we've actually made a profit.

Don't get me wrong, I know Khan has already dipped into his pocket, but I'm left feeling slightly confused about our overall intentions this season.

Obviously we're not going to spend big in the next week and a half, so I'd honestly say the clubs intentions are to rely heavily on the youth, which is very risky.

TonyGilroy

All of that falls into the category of things we simply don't know.

Did we pay Arsenal big money for Eisner or did Wenger let him go cheap?

Is he on a Premier League type contract or is he accepting low wages for first team football.

Same applies to other signings.

filham

All we have to go by is press reports but as far as I can see the only money paid out so far is for McCormac all the other signing were said to be free.

On the other hand we have received very little in , Kassami was reported to have generated a couple of million but not much else so far, lets hope Mitroglou and Ruiz will provide us with cash.

With regard to our parachute payment I think perhaps Fulham have decided to play SKy Diving and the rip cord will only be pulled at the last moment, always a risk then that we will land flat on our face.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 20, 2014, 12:49:46 PM
I'd honestly say the clubs intentions are to rely heavily on the youth, which is very risky.

depends on how good the youth are as to how big a risk, none of them have looked out of place, all have coped well with the two physical sides and they will get better, little risk in my eyes 049:gif

TonyGilroy

Quote from: filham on August 20, 2014, 02:00:23 PM
All we have to go by is press reports but as far as I can see the only money paid out so far is for McCormac all the other signing were said to be free.

The club always says that fees are unconfirmed but even "frees" cost because of signing on fees, agents fees and the level of wages.

Persuading players to come to fulham costs but we never know how much.

Could and should Khan have spent more? Maybe. It probably at least partly depends on what Magath has asked for. There's a fair chance that he genuinely wants young, hungry, ambitious players and not journeymen who may be OK at this level but aren't going to improve. It may also be a truism that if they were good enough for the Premier League they won't want to come to Fulham.

I guarantee that what Khan now knows is that there are no easy solutions. We should try to understand that.

SouthWest6

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 20, 2014, 02:17:47 PM
Quote from: filham on August 20, 2014, 02:00:23 PM

The club always says that fees are unconfirmed but even "frees" cost because of signing on fees, agents fees and the level of wages.

Persuading players to come to fulham costs but we never know how much.

Could and should Khan have spent more? Maybe. It probably at least partly depends on what Magath has asked for. There's a fair chance that he genuinely wants young, hungry, ambitious players and not journeymen who may be OK at this level but aren't going to improve. It may also be a truism that if they were good enough for the Premier League they won't want to come to Fulham.

I guarantee that what Khan now knows is that there are no easy solutions. We should try to understand that.

But is it a case of what Magath has asked for, or what he has been told he can have? Again, budgets, transfers all seem a little familiar to last season where the purse strings seem a little taugh and controlled.

God The Mechanic

Khan has authorised two £10million plus signings in the last 8 months.  Yes they're both dependent on goals/promotion etc but as far as it concerns him he has to prepare to spend the full amount.  Just because the conditions aren't met doesn't mean he didn't agree to the total outlay.

crazycottager

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 20, 2014, 12:49:46 PM
I know there is the Financial Fair Play ruling to think about, but we've hardly pushed the boat out have we, especially when Khan said he was prepared to bankroll the Club.

All this clap-trap about McCormack costing 11M is a big smoke screen in my eye's, not only for us, but also Leeds, who are using this figure to warrant the sale. From our side, it looks like we've spent big, when in reality, we haven't.

We all know that Ross cost 5.5 - 6M, with add-ons that we know will only reach the 11M mark if we and him are kicking a ball in the Champions League next season. At this rate, we'll be lucky not to be kicking a ball in league 1.

When you think about the players we've sold, are looking to sell, along with the players we've signed, I think it works out that we've actually made a profit.

Don't get me wrong, I know Khan has already dipped into his pocket, but I'm left feeling slightly confused about our overall intentions this season.

Obviously we're not going to spend big in the next week and a half, so I'd honestly say the clubs intentions are to rely heavily on the youth, which is very risky.

how do you know we are going to automatically be a relegation battling side by Two Games! i have confidence we'll turn it around, with magath, or without. so before you stat calling to man the lifeboats, sit back and watch for 3 more games, if were still not doing well, we sack him, and have 43 more games to go, i think we'll get out of the drop zone just fine. also, all transfer buys are a risk, and this one s a big risk, but the fact that we are buying players for less is a culture shock, the championship doesn't have half as much cash as the prem, i expected the buys to be cheaper, the fact that we're getting quality cheap is fantastic, so be positive, it's not on how much you spend, it's what you do with it that counts!

crazycottager

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2014, 03:21:50 PM
I am to understand we spent a lot of money at Asda for a lorry load of Toilet Rolls for the Gents Ablutions at the Hammy End. 

as i said, there is less money in the championship, and attracting better players was always going to be hard with our new status. yes we may have toilet rolls in the premiership, but give these guys more time, and you'll see the value, they have to gel still, but when they do, hold on cause' it's going to be fun.

Lighthouse

I am to understand we spent a lot of money at Asda for a lorry load of Toilet Rolls for the Gents Ablutions at the Hammy End.  

It should have been Asda but once again our MD dropped the basket on this and I was told he went to Tesco. Much more expensive and the reason we are having to wait for a player to go before we can bring any new paper in. Still once the first paper is on we could be on a roll.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Deanothefulhamfan

Eisfield cost money
Mccormack cost money
Vosser cost money

I think we are probably breaking evens in terms of our signings, and the outgoings... I expected more in truth, and we clearly need more investment.

Rohan Ince, Chris wood and Arthur Boruc would be my 3 targets, which would hardly break the bank.

sunburywhite

Obviously you must have something to go on then
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Twig

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Of course not. Kahn is either not to be trusted or an absolute moron. Either way things don't look good.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.