more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I fear for our youngsters

Started by SouthfieldWhite, August 20, 2014, 11:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 21, 2014, 08:33:09 AM
I was quite content with Magath in charge after the first two games from the performances, we looked fluid and controlled most of both games but lasts night selection, tactics,substitutions and their timings has raised a big question mark in my mind. The 17 selected looked totally unbalanced with 4 C/Fwd's in the 17. It got worse when the 11 was announced , Eisfeld the only creative midfielder was on the bench and never made it onto the pitch and by the end we had all C/Fwds on the pitch at the same time. I'm starting to side with Southfield, although Kavanagh's performance was the one plus on the night Roberts was poorly served in that formation more often running back than driving forward.
Not sure what Hyndman & LVC feel after putting in good performances to not even making the bench in front of Fotheringham, who less said the better(hopefully he will disappear now). Eisfeld not even getting 15 minutes after watching a game from the bench which was crying out for some control and creativity in midfield.
We made Wolves look a good team even with their hoof it over the top and run tactics I think they probably had more possession than us, the complete opposite of the last two games.

What made me even more concerned that 5 minutes after half time Felix correctly subs Fotheringham but instead of Eisfeld our 1 midfielder on the bench he puts Dembele on, alarmingly not only the crowd but Parker Woodrow and McCormack all looked totally confused and had no idea what the formation should be, looking to the bench for something until McCormack went over and asked instructions. Surely Felix would have discussed this at half time or is he that random?

Last night put a lot of question marks over Felix in my mind. Unlike many I don't think playing youth is such a big issue if they are good enough and playing in a system that everyone is comfortable and knows whats expected of them with a few experienced players to support them like McCormack and Parker.Playing a scrtach team in a completely different system to the two previous games should be consigned to pre season not league games.

Sean Kavanagh proved it again tonight we have a lot of very good players in our U21's although that is just as confusing , here is a player that did not play in any of our pre season games yet starts in what was a crunch must win game? Not selecting a couple from David,LVC,Burn, Hyndman,Williams along with ignoring others like Passeley, Richards and Grimmer from match day squads is very disappointing.

Thats my rant over, still do not feel any better, last nights performance and Felix reaction added to the tough games we have now worry the life out of me. Thank goodness the U21 & U18's are back , I can go and watch teams that players know what they have to do, have a system and tactics which they execute very well, roll on saturday morning at Motspur.

Good stuff.
I'm similar with regard to last night, I only heard GJ and will watch tonight but as you say, after the first 2 games I was still excited.
My daughter and brother went last night and I said to them "Whatever the result, you will be entertained by our 'kids' a selection from Roberts, Hyndman, Williams, David. Dembele, Woodrow, LVC  etc.
Shot myself in the foot there then.

I am rapidly moving towards the "McGath out contingency"  and McIntosh as well.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Dutch

Frankly speaking, I could live with a couple of seasons of Championship football if I thought we could develop the youngsters into a good squad and develop ourselves back into the Prem - but we clearly need a couple more wise-old-heads to guide the youngsters through this season.

A vet of a goalkeeper who could marshal the back 4, and an experienced MF to supplement Parker would help a lot.

As I say - I'm all for developing the youth and am in no rush to get back in the Prem if all we will do there is battle relegation year in year out.