watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I fear for our youngsters

Started by SouthfieldWhite, August 20, 2014, 11:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Firstly I've never been a fan of magath, but have given him a chance and will carry on giving him a chance for now, but he certainly isn't doing anything to really win me over

My biggest fear is the impact he will have on our youngsters .

I've watched these youngsters for a few years, I know how good they are and if any of them are ready.

Some are some are not.
Some have not even had any experience in the u21s

It's all about balance. Its unfair to throw so many in at the same time and it's even more unfair to drop them even when they have done well.

These youngsters are our future, I just hope Magath don't destroy them, which sadly, I think he's on his way to doing

Forever Fulham

I think you may be on to something, SW.  If the losses continue, the youngsters will be more likely to suffer a morass of morale than older, more experienced, players would.  To suggest they might be "destroyed" is a bit much perhaps.  But experienced players can better weather losses than younger more impressionable players.  This might start a snowball effect in the locker room.  The team needs a win NOW.

domprague

That's just what I was thinking tonight. I think we need some older heads in there to guide them.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Deanothefulhamfan

This is my biggest issue.... We have a batch of youngster's who only knew what winning was like, they had such a great mentality and desire to win games. FM is draining this mentality and confidence away, by exposing them to a very high standard of football.... This would be great if it was a few players, and allowing them to develop but he really is rushing them too quickly.

We have experienced young players, who know how to deal with the football environment, but are simply not being used, these players who have the experience alongside some of these young starlets would be a perfect recipe in terms of balance of the team, and not exposing them all at such a young age.

Burgess, Dembele, Joronen, LVC appear as though they are not quite ready yet, and maybe need to go out on loan to a league one side to continue their development.

Putney

Aside from Parker, Woodrow was the most capped Fulham player in the starting XI

GloucesterWhite

Their confidence is being sapped. Some are being played out of position, and the team is unsettled with so many different players getting a game. How can they gel?

Just crazy and so sad.

Skatzoffc

I fear we will sell Roberrs, (but loan him back), and then spend the money un-wisely as AliMac is involved.

fp.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Holders

I entirely agree.

The youngsters are wonderful, our seedcorn, our future, our golden generation, the product of so much hard work and investment.

What would our future be if we fail to go up this year (or next at the latest)?

The youngsters will certainly be off or poached, the academy staff will throw their hands in the air in despair and we'll have a future of Div 2 or Div 3 mid-table mediocrity with a load of cheap journeyman cloggers.

Sound familiar?

Panic - no, but the board must act now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

epsomraver

Should never had the massive clear out, Sidwell and Stockdale  should have stayed and a mixture of youth and experience should have been the goal to achieve, why are players with experience not even on the bench?( excluding Fotheringham and Rodders who bring nothing to the team) Where is Dan Burn? Why is Costa lot saying he is fit but not picked? answers on a post card to Felix C/O Motspur Park

MasterHaynes

I was quite content with Magath in charge after the first two games from the performances, we looked fluid and controlled most of both games but lasts night selection, tactics,substitutions and their timings has raised a big question mark in my mind. The 17 selected looked totally unbalanced with 4 C/Fwd's in the 17. It got worse when the 11 was announced , Eisfeld the only creative midfielder was on the bench and never made it onto the pitch and by the end we had all C/Fwds on the pitch at the same time. I'm starting to side with Southfield, although Kavanagh's performance was the one plus on the night Roberts was poorly served in that formation more often running back than driving forward.
Not sure what Hyndman & LVC feel after putting in good performances to not even making the bench in front of Fotheringham, who less said the better(hopefully he will disappear now). Eisfeld not even getting 15 minutes after watching a game from the bench which was crying out for some control and creativity in midfield.
We made Wolves look a good team even with their hoof it over the top and run tactics I think they probably had more possession than us, the complete opposite of the last two games.

What made me even more concerned that 5 minutes after half time Felix correctly subs Fotheringham but instead of Eisfeld our 1 midfielder on the bench he puts Dembele on, alarmingly not only the crowd but Parker Woodrow and McCormack all looked totally confused and had no idea what the formation should be, looking to the bench for something until McCormack went over and asked instructions. Surely Felix would have discussed this at half time or is he that random?

Last night put a lot of question marks over Felix in my mind. Unlike many I don't think playing youth is such a big issue if they are good enough and playing in a system that everyone is comfortable and knows whats expected of them with a few experienced players to support them like McCormack and Parker.Playing a scrtach team in a completely different system to the two previous games should be consigned to pre season not league games.

Sean Kavanagh proved it again tonight we have a lot of very good players in our U21's although that is just as confusing , here is a player that did not play in any of our pre season games yet starts in what was a crunch must win game? Not selecting a couple from David,LVC,Burn, Hyndman,Williams along with ignoring others like Passeley, Richards and Grimmer from match day squads is very disappointing.

Thats my rant over, still do not feel any better, last nights performance and Felix reaction added to the tough games we have now worry the life out of me. Thank goodness the U21 & U18's are back , I can go and watch teams that players know what they have to do, have a system and tactics which they execute very well, roll on saturday morning at Motspur.

epsomraver

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 20, 2014, 11:45:47 PM
Firstly I've never been a fan of magath, but have given him a chance and will carry on giving him a chance for now, but he certainly isn't doing anything to really win me over

My biggest fear is the impact he will have on our youngsters .

I've watched these youngsters for a few years, I know how good they are and if any of them are ready.

Some are some are not.
Some have not even had any experience in the u21s

It's all about balance. Its unfair to throw so many in at the same time and it's even more unfair to drop them even when they have done well.

These youngsters are our future, I just hope Magath don't destroy them, which sadly, I think he's on his way to doing

0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 21, 2014, 08:33:09 AM
I was quite content with Magath in charge after the first two games from the performances, we looked fluid and controlled most of both games but lasts night selection, tactics,substitutions and their timings has raised a big question mark in my mind. The 17 selected looked totally unbalanced with 4 C/Fwd's in the 17. It got worse when the 11 was announced , Eisfeld the only creative midfielder was on the bench and never made it onto the pitch and by the end we had all C/Fwds on the pitch at the same time. I'm starting to side with Southfield, although Kavanagh's performance was the one plus on the night Roberts was poorly served in that formation more often running back than driving forward.
Not sure what Hyndman & LVC feel after putting in good performances to not even making the bench in front of Fotheringham, who less said the better(hopefully he will disappear now). Eisfeld not even getting 15 minutes after watching a game from the bench which was crying out for some control and creativity in midfield.
We made Wolves look a good team even with their hoof it over the top and run tactics I think they probably had more possession than us, the complete opposite of the last two games.

What made me even more concerned that 5 minutes after half time Felix correctly subs Fotheringham but instead of Eisfeld our 1 midfielder on the bench he puts Dembele on, alarmingly not only the crowd but Parker Woodrow and McCormack all looked totally confused and had no idea what the formation should be, looking to the bench for something until McCormack went over and asked instructions. Surely Felix would have discussed this at half time or is he that random?

Last night put a lot of question marks over Felix in my mind. Unlike many I don't think playing youth is such a big issue if they are good enough and playing in a system that everyone is comfortable and knows whats expected of them with a few experienced players to support them like McCormack and Parker.Playing a scrtach team in a completely different system to the two previous games should be consigned to pre season not league games.

Sean Kavanagh proved it again tonight we have a lot of very good players in our U21's although that is just as confusing , here is a player that did not play in any of our pre season games yet starts in what was a crunch must win game? Not selecting a couple from David,LVC,Burn, Hyndman,Williams along with ignoring others like Passeley, Richards and Grimmer from match day squads is very disappointing.

Thats my rant over, still do not feel any better, last nights performance and Felix reaction added to the tough games we have now worry the life out of me. Thank goodness the U21 & U18's are back , I can go and watch teams that players know what they have to do, have a system and tactics which they execute very well, roll on saturday morning at Motspur.

Well said, agree with all you say 0001.jpeg

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread..... ER Hit's the nail on the head picking out two players who would have made a huge difference to this team, Sidwell is exactly what we need for that bit of bite in Midfield (a better option on Parker ) and Stockdale whether you love him or loathe him, would have been far superior to a 21 year old who is nowhere near ready to be thrown in the deep end.

Then MH makes a post which I agree with word for word.....

Good discussion with a lot of really good points

BedsFFC

If SW types this....I'm very concerned.

I'm nicking this from someone else....but Rene Meulensteen would be perfect for this scenario.

We've nurtured these players so well

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on August 21, 2014, 08:32:26 AM
Should never had the massive clear out, Sidwell and Stockdale  should have stayed and a mixture of youth and experience should have been the goal to achieve, why are players with experience not even on the bench?( excluding Fotheringham and Rodders who bring nothing to the team) Where is Dan Burn? Why is Costa lot saying he is fit but not picked? answers on a post card to Felix C/O Motspur Park

Difficult with Sidwell he wanted to stay in the premiership, and none of the managers we have had from Roy to Felix felt that Stockwell was no.1 material.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Get rid of Magath and you will have no fear. Fulham must swallow their pride and ask Rene to return, he will be good for the youngsters, and has the knowledge and communications to bring in some more experienced players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Get rid of Felix and your fears will evaporate, Fulham must swallow their pride and ask Rene to return, he would be good for the youngsters and has the contacts to bring in more experienced players as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

I fear for my sanity
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Scrumpy

Agree with a lot of what people have said. Almost anyone with any knowledge of football (ex Managers, pundits etc) has been saying for many weeks that we need a mixture of youth and experience. I would say ideally you don't want more than 3 youngsters in the team at any one time, with the rest good experienced pros.

I have it from 2 different sources that Sidwell wanted to stay, but the Club would not meet his demand for 2 year deal. Stockdale wanted to stay, Brede could have been persuaded to stay and Dejagah should have been told to stay. Even with just those 4 players staying I reckon it would have made a huge difference.

I turned Five Live on when I got in the car just in time to hear Mark Clement and Steve Claridge call Felix a 'Sunday League Manager' with some of his tactics and decisions. I have to agree and, like the OP, I fear that some very decent kids will not recover from this 'baptism of fire'.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

RaySmith

What if we get Rene back and we start shipping the same amount of goals under him as we did previously?

Or get someone else in -and they also do  badly? -our 4th manager in a year.

Getting rid of Jol was supposed to be the answer...........perhaps the malaise isn't down to the manager.

I think we should at least give Felix a bit longer, anyway.