News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's still calm and hopefull of this season?

Started by Blanco, August 21, 2014, 12:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

I've noticed how everyone on the forum seems to be in uproar over our club. Including myself. Although I still hope this bad situation can be turned around. Who amongst you still thinks promotion is an option and we can become a good side?

May I just say that all this seems trivial compared to what I'm reading in the papers. So even though Fulham are currently rubbish, in the grand scheme of things it could be a lot worse for all of us.

mangoputney

Fully agree it's trivial

Go with my dad and getting to spend the time with him where he enjoyed going to as a kid means much more

But

How badly have we prepared for the Championship

We all knew what was coming. Effectively having our pre season in the first five or so weeks with our first ten tough fixtures will mean p45 for Magath and then more tinkering

I predicted 12th ish I think and I reckon that'll be at a stretch

I did not anticipate being so poor, however there is something rotten to the core about this club

I am just thankful we didn't stay up. With Khans tightness we could have been absolutely annihilated
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Berserker

I'm never calm and hopeful in  general so I'm not going to be tonight
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Blanco

You're right. The preperation for this season was terrible. Not enough key signings and good pre season games to prepare us for this division. Or even consistent team selections. He still isn't being consistent and we are three games three losses into the season.

@jolslover

STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Magath is DREADFUL and embarrassing, and so is Mackintosh who brought him to the club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JDH101

We will not get promoted with Magath in charge. We will probably struggle to stay up. Bizarre formations and line ups and isolating some of our best players. We don't need an amazing manager to get us promoted with our current squad. I would say we just need an average manager to get promotion. For too long we have had managers that have taken our squad and made us WORSE on a saturday.

HatterDon

me

we weren't going to get promoted anyway

43 games left in any case
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tony.Lee

If we somehow get a 1-0 win at Derby, I would expect Magath to call it upon his genius tactics. Even then, I would still be pessimistic for us. Things arent looking good, thats the truth of it.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

Lighthouse

In the last 22 games we have played I think somebody said we had won 4 and lost 14.

So I did predict a finish of 14th and never believed the hype. Mind you I never believed the hype about Chopper Felix either but he seems to be living up to his reputation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blanco

I've noticed how a lot of people are claiming to have predicted a non promotion finish now we're in he situation we're in. People seemed a lot more confident of promotion before the season started.

Woolly Mammoth

Mr Magath or is it Mr Magoo couldn't beat a carpet, but who do we replace him with, as we can't go on like this, there is no light at the end of the tunnel, only that Raincoat Mackintosh holding a candle in one hand, and sticking 2 Fingers up at us supporters with the other hand. 

Never forget your Roots.

God The Mechanic

I expected a two season promotion push.  Didn't think the kids would be savvy enough to get us up first time, and that seems to be the case.

Either way, if we DO go up this year it'll likely be a yoyo situation unless some major signings are made next summer.

mitimo

Who do we replace him with ... Why not Malky Mackay?  He knows the league and even promoted Cardiff as Champions!!  And he gets a week to bring in some experience.

Woolly Mammoth

I still think, and maybe I have lost the plot, that Fulham can still make top six, but to do that we have to change the manager before it's too late, the writing is on the wall and Felix is unfortunately a Dead Man Walking. All the Managers out of work at the moment, are queuing four deep at the Cottage in anticipation of a vacancy as we debate this very subject, but Mackintosh the Chief Executive must clear his desk and issue an apology for his enormous error of judgement in employing Felix in the first place, and in the second place, the raincoat must also be shown the door

Never forget your Roots.

Blanco

I'd love Malky as our manager.

DeuceBigelow

The time to act is now. If there are any changes to be made let's act swiftly and not make the same mistakes that were made with Jol. 10 days of transfers to be had- it could change the season dramatically...
Riverside Block W

St Eve

Not hopeful at all. Wishful thinking that we would go up and hoped like hell we would. This is just like the last time we went down and went down again. Change the management now. This guy is damaging the club more than Jol because any talent we have will go and go for nothing

love4ffc

Ok, take a deep breath...and now exhale.   

Me does think the crowd is fickle. 

I'm not giving up.  I'm not saying that Felix is our man.  Still on the fence about that.  Yes Felix has made some strange decisions since he has joined us.  We all know this.  However I do think Felix has done some good things like promoting the youth, who have proven they can play the game at this level.  Don't care what you say, IMHO THEY can play the game at this level. 

And by saying YOU I'm not referring to anyone in particular. 

As for replacing Felix I've not heard one manager's name thrown out yet that made me stand up and say "Oh yeah, he the one".  So until then I'm staying calm. 

And while we're at it I'm not an A.M. fan so for those calling for his resignation, hey go for it.  BUT again, who do you have to take his place?   

With all that said...I STILL BELIEVE IN KHAN!  He has done nothing to change my mind.  Only the future will cause me to do that.     :048:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?