watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the biggest problem with team england

Started by spiritofwashington, June 19, 2010, 09:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritofwashington

they dont look like they are having fun or enjoying this game and tournament. look back at the replays and you will see a frown or dour look on every face. no one can possibly win or play good football with that type of attitude. there is no doubt team england has the talent and skill to beat most but until they say -f*ck it, lets just have fun- they will never be able to show it. cmon boys, show us what u got.

FatFreddysCat

Too many Chelscum players and ..... b :dft012:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: spiritofwashington on June 19, 2010, 09:11:45 PM
they dont look like they are having fun or enjoying this game and tournament. look back at the replays and you will see a frown or dour look on every face. no one can possibly win or play good football with that type of attitude. there is no doubt team england has the talent and skill to beat most but until they say -f*ck it, lets just have fun- they will never be able to show it. cmon boys, show us what u got.
can not disagree with any of the above,just to add to it I think to some of these pillocks think the Champions League is more important to them than the World Cup-idiots

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 19, 2010, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: spiritofwashington on June 19, 2010, 09:11:45 PM
can not disagree with any of the above,just to add to it I think to some of these pillocks think the Champions League is more important to them than the World Cup-idiots
To be honest club football is much more important. I couldn't care less if we go out of the WC, but for obvious reasons i wanted us to spank Algeria.

ScalleysDad

The biggest problem is the myth that we are actually good at our national game. We have some good players but we are certainly not a world class team and we have very few candidtaes for a World X1. From the infamous Brooking "Root and Branch" review,the Wembley fiasco and now the chosen management team picking half fit players out of touch and then turning them into robots its a wonder the FA have not been closed down as a national disaster. Now the media bods are calling for Joe Cole in for Lampard, Upson and Dawson are waiting in the wings and today the " Why was Walcott left behind" question cropped up. Ye gods is that all we have...
The key points for me so far are that people should lay off Rob Green. No one is picking up on the fact that if Altidore had a big nose or could head the ball he easily outjumped JT and Co for a certain goal, Carragher was turned inside out before Green pushed the shot onto the woodwork and then theres the Heskey, barn door, banjo scenario.
Second point came about yesterday and it was the look on the face of Stuart Pearce when Capello turned to him and obviously asked "What was wrong" or "What is wrong". The reply was a dumdfounded "Don't Know"
Taxi for Hodgson I fear.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I might be wrong,but hasn't Capello extended his contract just before the World Cup started?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 19, 2010, 11:29:55 PM
I might be wrong,but hasn't Capello extended his contract just before the World Cup started?

Indeed he has but the furore over the preformances, the application/resilience/apptitude of some players and the seemingly poor morale will lead to a call for changes no matter what happens on wednesday. Cockles and whelks in the dressing room, fish and chips pre match and an english manager. Thus I give you the FA blueprint for 2014.

FatFreddysCat

As far as i can recall, i was always very passionate about England, but when they appionted Sven, i thought it was wrong, now we get an Italian. Surely the managers of the National team should be English? I know the Irish team accept anyone who has sipped a guiness, but i can forsee a time when England sign Messi from Argentina for £30 million plus Rooney going the other way.I honestly have no interest in International football anymore, but might look in if a Fulham player is playing.

finnster01

Has it ever occurred to anyone that we are actually not very good? :030:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Is that they don't have the heart and soul or fight like team U.S.A. has! Not to mention that they don't play well as a team...
Fulham for life!

finnster01

Quote from: Tom on June 20, 2010, 07:47:42 AM
Is that they don't have the heart and soul or fight like team U.S.A. has! Not to mention that they don't play well as a team...
Yes, to all of your questions.

Club means more than country because that is who pays them. Loyalty to the flag and the Three Lions are long gone. The England shirt means nothing to these chaps.

It is a disgrace and it irks me to no end. Club is clearly the key, but if you do well at your club you will get a chance to wear the colour of your country. Ask John Pantsil what he thinks about wearing his Ghana shirt or Dempsey.

spiritofwashington

from what i see on pitch team eng are playing with passion for their country, they just are not doing a good job at it. i think they are so terrified of losing that the fun has gone out of their game. the french- now they have played without passion for their country and it showed.  i cant put my finger on it but this world cup has had a weird feel to it so far. does anyone think the same or am i just being critical?

LBNo11

...the England team, in particular the most famous players, are multi-millionaires. They have - or had a talent, and the disproportionate earnings just keep coming in as a result - irrespective of the lack of positive output they produce. They have no real desire, no hunger, their only belief is from what they read (or have read to them) from the press, or what they see on the bskyb sycophant channel.

They may come out with cleverly worded statements, ghost written by someone else, to say they have the same passion and desire as we all have, but they have lost the real meaning of desire, of passion, their only interpretation of such words is related to money and possessions, not to pride in the sport, the profession, their club and their fans, and not to England Internationals or the World Cup; the world cup to them is just a paid holiday in sumptuous hotels and more time on the golf course than in training...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

spiritofwashington

lb- cynical outlook. either way wed is an important day. if u.s goes out most americans wont even care, having been to england many many times i know how important this match is for all of you. i root first and foremost for u.s but i will be cheering eng forward a close second.

Steve_orino

I like your point LB - Hunger, Passion.

After a grueling PL season - the World Cup "season" pales in comparison, to them.  
After winning an FA Cup, or CL Cup, or the PL Cup - the World Cup "Trophy" pales in comparison, to them.

England has talent, they have skill & speed, they have touch on the ball that I hoope one day the States will have.  After reading LB's post though and considering another thread written earlier, what the Squad needs is a Motivator at the helm, not a disciplinarian or a tactician.  As stated earlier, after the season they've had, they need someone to instill passion in them, rousing words, hugs, chest bumps, whatever it takes...

As much as I hate to write this, maybe, just maybe that's Maradona's best asset right now to his skilled squad.  The guy is crazy on the sideline and there is no denying his passion or want to win the game.  Whether or not it's enough to see them through to the Final is to be seen but for now, the "talented" Argentine squad seems to have control of their group.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

LBNo11

...sow, cynical, I agree, I have no shame in saying it how I see it, time and time again. If anyone strongly disagrees with what I have said they can explain their points in response...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

alfie

Sorry Lb i must disagree, as much as i dislike Terry and Lampard they are players that i would never say lacked passion for England, i firmly believe that the problem lies in a foreign manager (any foreign manager) he does not and never will have the passion for England, to him it is all about tactics and a few million a year. I cannot and will not believe that anyone who puts on their national shirt does not believe in the cause, they are not bad players, it is quite simply that that have not got it together as a team, i mean your on that pitch and need something to change things and the manager puts on Wright-Phillips, not very inspiring for me, plays Heskey when you have Crouch who will give all sorts of problems, and an out of form Rooney should be taken off earlier and give Defoe a chance with his pace.

there thats my feelings on the matter

COME ON ENGLAND............
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

finnster01

Quote from: alfie on June 20, 2010, 04:21:29 PM
Sorry Lb i must disagree, as much as i dislike Terry and Lampard they are players that i would never say lacked passion for England, i firmly believe that the problem lies in a foreign manager (any foreign manager) he does not and never will have the passion for England, to him it is all about tactics and a few million a year. I cannot and will not believe that anyone who puts on their national shirt does not believe in the cause, they are not bad players, it is quite simply that that have not got it together as a team, i mean your on that pitch and need something to change things and the manager puts on Wright-Phillips, not very inspiring for me, plays Heskey when you have Crouch who will give all sorts of problems, and an out of form Rooney should be taken off earlier and give Defoe a chance with his pace.

there thats my feelings on the matter

COME ON ENGLAND............
Not sure if I buy that Mr Alfie. Lampard always look like he doesn't care when wearing the England shirt.
And if it is such an honour to wear the Three Lion shirt to the players, how do you explain Garragher not bother to wear one for years, and then only to change his mind all of a sudden after they have qualified and now wants to play because he wants to go on a all-expenses paid luxury jolly to South Africa?

spiritofwashington

sorry fin, i agree with alf completely. the players are trying but the chemistry is just not there. capellos got the mix wrong. the fluid passing is just not there, movement on the pitch is frantic and rushed with panic. they need to relax and have fun playing with each other.

finnster01

Quote from: spiritofwashington on June 20, 2010, 04:47:54 PM
sorry fin, i agree with alf completely. the players are trying but the chemistry is just not there. capellos got the mix wrong. the fluid passing is just not there, movement on the pitch is frantic and rushed with panic. they need to relax and have fun playing with each other.
The last time England had fun together was in 1966.

Contrast the lackluster display by these morons with that of New Zealand who have 1 player from the Prem (in fact they have none in any other major leagues such as La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga). They have a handful of championship players, which proves my earlier point in another thread that maybe next World Cup we field a team made up from players entirely from Championship and lower, as it seems they at least try to win and are proud of their shirt