News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I the only person still thinking Felix should be given a few more games?

Started by Burt, August 21, 2014, 01:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I still can't help feeling that we are going through a massive upheaval at present yet do have the makings of a strong team, and it will take more than 3 matches for it all to start to click...

I was wrong about Jol, I stuck with him through to the bitter end, so am a bit worried that I am going to do the same thing with Felix.

All I want to see is us to start winning again  :012:

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

Neil D

The Jol syndrome is a serious concern but maybe misplaced as he had been in situ for a couple of seasons and should have been disposed of at the end of 2012-13.  Dumping Magath after all of last season's chaos is a different issue.  Can we afford yet more instability after this?  However, how much faith do you have in Magath?  If I were convinced that he is making the best of what is available then I would rest easier but is he?  Dan Burn is a proven Championship player but he doesn't even make the bench.  What on earth has Hyndman done to warrant exclusion - even from the bench?  Mitroglou appears willing to play.  McCormack has proved ineffectual thus far.

Jimpav

I think he needs a few more games but am very concerned about why he is not playing to our strengths.

FinFFC

I am willing to give him couple of more matches, but I want to see that the experiments are pretty much done and we are heading towards more stable line-ups and formations from now on. And of course, this wish also includes that we should also perform constantly better and better. Yesterday was a step-back on all these fronts. We have tough games ahead and we may not win them (hopefully some at least). But if he can show us more stability and constant improvements on the performance as a result in the next few matches, I'd be happy to give him more time.

westcliff white

if we are to replace him it has to be done before the window is closed, new guy will want to make at least one signing. For me he should go now, but if we do not win at Derby then surely he will then
Every day is a Fulham day

RidgeRider

He needs at least 10 matches to pull this team together. I am prepared to wait.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

MAHLUF

Nah,keep him for 10 games until we are rock  bottom, the season will be all but wasted.
Bring in a new manager just after the transfer window closes so he can say he didnt pick the
squad etc. Try and stay up and hope the new manager whoever he was is still around and
hope for the best for next season. Sounds familiar.
Oh well keep hoping for the best but think Felix is a bit of a nutter myself.

dgnffc

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 21, 2014, 01:45:03 PM
He needs at least 10 matches to pull this team together. I am prepared to wait.

...and if our record before that game is 0-0-9, would 1 point (or even 3) be enough to save him. But where/when do you pull the plug before that point?

I was of a similar mind to you before last night but the performance and team selection have turned my view around.

Slaphead in Qatar

Hand on head, do you honestly have confidence in him to turn this around. I don't.

and I also dont think the squad is strong enough. We badly need 3-4 more experienced, tough and hardened first teamers.

Snibbo

Last night severely dented my optimism but it would be madness to ditch him now. I love that he cleared out all the crap from last season. I'm not sorry to see any of them go except Stockdale. I love that he's giving the youngsters a crack. But the chopping and changing worries me. The only manager we've had in recent years who has had any success did so by building from the back. It seems obvious so I don't understand why Jol and Magath didn't do it.

zander

I've long been skeptical of Felix especially long term but he has to be given more time. I do think we have to a realistic outlook on this season though, especially with the way Felix is approaching the first few games.  

zander

Quote from: Snibbo on August 21, 2014, 01:52:57 PM
Last night severely dented my optimism but it would be madness to ditch him now. I love that he cleared out all the crap from last season. I'm not sorry to see any of them go except Stockdale. I love that he's giving the youngsters a crack. But the chopping and changing worries me. The only manager we've had in recent years who has had any success did so by building from the back. It seems obvious so I don't understand why Jol and Magath didn't do it.

This is exactly what concerns me. Having that approach to the lineup along with throwing in the kids is just not a logical combination to me.

Big Martin Jol

I agree with the OP. A different league, a whole new team - six of whom are just kids. To some extent this was to be expected.

Keep Felix on, but we need points and quickly.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Huxley

The club needs to announce a signing of a quality experienced player ASAP, as in right now and make a statement that 2 more are on their way. If so I still have faith in Magath. A win on the weeks would help too, but these signings, IMO GK, CM, DM are needed.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 21, 2014, 01:49:26 PM
Hand on head, do you honestly have confidence in him to turn this around. I don't.

and I also dont think the squad is strong enough. We badly need 3-4 more experienced, tough and hardened first teamers.

At this moment, I don't have confidense in anyone, from the manager on up, that has anything to do with the footballing side of our club..........if I'm being honest as you requested.

We have been sold on the notion that we are striving to be promoted in our first season of trying. The signing of McCormack aside, has anything been done that would make anyone believe that that is actually what we are trying to do?

This is a team that, with time to gel, can become a very good team at this level. However, I don't believe that more than one or two of these yougsters would be close to being ready for the PL next season. How much playing time did Southampton's players have at this level or League One or with some other first team before they were promoted? Most had a helluva lot more experience than ours would have.

Promotion this season would mean a massive outlay of cash to make us "sustainable" next season. I just don't believe we have any intention on spending what it would take to keep us up under that circumstance.

It appears to me, right now, that we are planning on being in this league for at least this season and next.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lewes White

079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif 079.gifBefore last night I thought so, today maybe, after Tuesday and no result, then deffo.
If as in a previous post, the one with the fan and Mitroglu, who states, ask the manager why I am not in the team? Then that should be our next question to Felix, Why is he not PLAYING?????????????? Until he goes or pushed he's still our boy!!

TrexFFC

My anger doesn't just stem from this year.  It goes all the way to last year when players like Holtby and Burn were played out of position and the team lineups were just as strange then.  I never wanted this guy in the first place. His comments he makes are utterly stupid.  "I only play players who are fit." Really then why is McCormack playing? The guy is just a walking contradiction with everything he says.  It's really annoying.

horse1031

I agree with you Burt.  I would like Felix to get 2 months before he is sacked if at all.  I tend to want to stay with managers because of the disruption it causes so I could be wrong... haha

Its all fine and dandy to sack Magath, but knowing our board we will pick the wrong guy and be in a position to lose more games.

I like that Felix has played the kids.  If we lose and play kids it is better than the crap we watched last year.